Re: My Peugeot Wet Dream

For reference, the Malossi part number for an SPX/RCX belt is 61 7220

That 617220 works pretty perfect with the stock spx variator, but with a 90mm like an er3 it gets danger close to the clutch pulley. I might try shimming the hub to get the belt to drop in a little further, I think that might be my problem since the spx belt is a little wider.

Mitchell Hoover /

Dillion, yea kinda whack, but the belt is perfect

Mitchell Hoover /

Jbot, thank you and good advice, I was thinking of something similar. Ive had both experiences on my mvt pipe, that thing was glass. It cracked 4 times before I gave up on it.

Mitchell Hoover /

Daniel, do you get full variation with your belt and vario setup? The malossi belt for the spx really only is worth it if you have a stock vario or similar. The belt im using is a bit longer and should allow me to fully variate safely, maybe give it a shot?

I haven’t taken it on a stretch of road long enough to get out there all the way, though on the stand it goes to the end, when I shim it I may turn the moving cheek down instead depending on what the threads look like with a spacer. The stock spring is pretty whacky and gets really stiff at the end and the shorter belt has it extra preloaded. I have is set up with 10x52 so top speed probably in the mid to low 50s. Planning on running slicks and tracking this old bird, needs a lot of work still though. (edited)

25E93090-FB95-4082-9269-A7D35E817C67.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Looking beautiful! Maybe get the doppler spring? I dont have complaints on the spx one yet? Though I haven’t even broken in the engine yet

Mitchell Hoover /

EBR’s came today, clip on bars too as well as a lonely piston :( I love the cool little surprises. thanks Treats! :)))

F0578908-0C06-43B8-B423-1F353B71BF00.jpeg
15153BFC-D5B5-4719-944A-9F58AF3FBA6F.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Tonight, I cut up the fiberglass to fit the ebrs, I also fitted the clip ons. The mlm clip ons were way too thiccc. So I had to shave them down with an angle grinder to get the controls to fit.

F2F7FF82-FD7F-46CF-9C52-F0C6F99FB3AB.jpeg
20A6BF8A-B2EC-4F5D-BE2F-D82B89D74019.jpeg
0587FA14-88D9-4C80-8DC0-48BC15B62F3A.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Pics featuring the Cressidaaaa

51B5085B-8E14-45E2-A462-675BFC561101.jpeg
B9238E27-84EC-46D0-8B22-06A427C3777E.jpeg

Looking good!

Just realized you put the head tube through the fairing. Is that a MVR Fairing or just something that approximately fits?

holy shit this thread delivers, way better than expected

Mitchell Hoover /

Hey Lee, its not an MVR part. Im told its for a Motobecane, but beggars cant be choosers. I didn’t know what I was doing when I mounted the thing, I just made the location of it on the bike to fit me so im comfortable.

Mitchell Hoover /

Thank ya will!

Yeah this thread delivers. Even got to see a sweet silver cressida. One of my favorite cars I owned for too little time. Some nice luxury for what they were.

Mitchell Hoover /

taking pre calc at my community college and did a project on calculating piston speed. I ran the numbers and came up with this,

11,500 RPM----2,931 Ft/Min

12,000 RPM----3,058 Ft/Min

12,500 RPM----3,186 Ft/Min

13,000 RPM----3,313 Ft/Min

13,500 RPM----3,440 Ft/Min

13,700 RPM----3,491 Ft/Min

13,750 RPM----3,504 Ft/Min

13,800 RPM----3,517 Ft/Min

13,900 RPM----3,542 Ft/Min

Mean Piston Speed (ft/min)= .166x Stroke (inch)x RPM.

I see some out there that do this all the time with their engines, however, this was my first time actually performing some of my best work on a two-stroke. So give me a break and some advice if you got any.

Based on the formula in Jennings's book, based on a ENGINE with 39mm stroke (conv. to inch. (1.53543)) I input some Rpm values and went until I found the Piston speed exceed 3,500 ft/min, (our horizontal asymptote) which was around 13,750rpm. so the exact point where the function meets our asymptote is our redline, though I didn't bother finding the exact number, I figure 13,750 is close enough. Only thing... can it even rev out that high? As you can see on the graph, the function is pretty linear, but is not a straight line, I did record all piston speeds from 1,000rpm - 14,000. Im sure that there's a math wiz out there, if you are... I need help figuring out the function of this linear function. That will be interesting to see. I found my "redline", though I'm yet to calculate my compression ratio b/c I have been working on school. Fuck pandemic's, Fuck being lame, get out and make something happen. -Mitch

Desmos _ Graphing Calculator - Google Chrome 3_19_2021 6_45_33 PM.png
IMG_8921.JPG

14k is possible, but don’t expect the ring to last very long. The bearings will also float and probably spin your cases if they’re not shimmed 100% perfecto too.

Mitchell Hoover /

Went to try and actually start riding the bike and some bad stuff came out. I found that the bike would fourstroke and detonate after like 30 seconds of running leaking oil and a littlebit of gasoline out of the baffle and balljoint like crazy. I then tried messing with the carb changing some things around and retiming 10+ times... nothin, same problem. So then I hit up my buddy Shane and we thought it might be a leak somewhere. So I then took the engine out and did a pressure test. Upon finally getting all the plugs to seal, I then sprayed my soapy water everywhere... nothin. I was hoping that there would be a leak, but there wasnt. I then checked my electrical setup with the cdi and nothin. So then I rechecked timing with the timing light and it was fine off the cold start until it warmed up. After like 30 seconds, the timing jumps around sparking everywhere and is super sporadic. Not really sure why, ive set my timing to 1.2btdc. If anyone had advice on that selettra let me know.

374B5F1A-157D-4D5B-922C-18FF1699330C.jpeg
0D66BDEB-6E97-4658-9096-FFCB764F21EF.jpeg
F92BAF72-2B68-4ECC-97B9-78784F9B054F.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Fairings still being mounted, not really sure what im doing here, but im trying. Only problem im running into is the brake levers hitting the front fairing when you steer the forks.

A6955667-6E7D-4D24-B4A8-6281F21B0DD0.jpeg
02ADA25A-DAD3-4B7B-96AA-FB3F6933F99A.jpeg
267121FF-C3B3-4068-8DF1-3E367BFC3E2E.jpeg

Sounds like some component in the CDI is bad .

Dis you take in account the curve of the cdi. It may be putting your higher RPMs off timing too much. Maybe you need to be closer to 1.5 BTDC to account for the advancing curve.

On the selettra you set it for max advance so I bet it’s trying to fire after tdc. I think I have mine timed at 2.25mm

Mitchell Hoover /

I met a guy on here named Ilia, man I am so happy that I got to know him. When I had no idea what was going on with my first bike, Ilia reached out to me on MA through my help wanted post. He urged me to give him a call and that's where it all started, Ilia gave me advice worth more than id learn in a few years. I went to his place and we talked and I picked his brain on my many questions. Ilia showed me what the hobby was about and what it meant to be a true generous person. Ilia gave me a doppler pulley and a few other goodies I couldn't yet afford for free. I didn't know what to say besides that I wanted to spread that generosity of knowledge and parts to all. As time went on, I would bounce questions off Ilia and make sure I was doing something right. Eventually I ended up with more of Ilia's parts and a couple engines and frames. Now after a year, I have taken home the rest of his hobby, taking the torch From Ilia and running with it, keeping the spirit of the hobby going and trying to spread the warm feeling of help and knowledge to everyone I meet. These few pictures are what was left, with all my heart, I am so grateful to have met you Eli. Thank you for your advice and help!

-Mitch

IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3064.JPG
IMG_3066.JPG

Mitchell Hoover /

IMG_3082.JPG
IMG_3081.JPG
IMG_3069.JPG

Mitchell Hoover /

IMG_3076.JPG

Giuseppe Zappa /

Very cool thread...this is the kinda stuff I like to see !

Nice work ! 😎👍

-G

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account