1978 JC penny swinger 2

SAVAGEGEARHEAD4 SAVAGEGEARHEAD4 /

Hello I was wondering if anyone has a 1978 JC penny swinger to for sale I used to have one but I sold it and I regret doing that so please let me no thanks

Re: 1978 JC penny swinger 2

I have one for sale in Minnesota.

Is that the one that used to be on cl, blue with chrome on tank painted over?

No, but I bought it from the same person and have been slowly fixing and building it up. It’s 80% there, I’ve been slowed down by work though.

What does it need? Have you titled it? Asking price?

The motors fully done with a treats 70cc kit and head. Unstuffed needle bearing crank with new seals and bearings. Blue clutch springs, tecno circuit pipe. Genuine 15mm bing and intake, mlm filter. It comes with an extra set of spokes. Mostly needs non engine stuff to be done - grips, cables, wiring. Is not titled but in MN it’s not hard to get one. I know this isn’t the buy sell forum but feel free to shoot me an offer.

I know how to title them, was just curious, it was not titled elsewhere in the last 7 yrs? I'm not great with wiring sadly, if you get it running with lights let me know, I would be interested. Was this the red one?

I’m not sure, I haven’t gone into the DMV yet. I always make the price paid like $75-$100 so if it needs a bonded title it’s cheap just in case it’s in the system. The wiring on the bike is setup to be hardwired, so just always on lights without brake lights. I could probably wire up a kill switch and lights. It’s stock yellow.

FE0764AE-40E6-4005-BF5B-8D3C6B02D083.jpeg

Damn stephen ......you wouldn't jump in on a guys thread and try to cut him out would you ?...wow...

Well, Stephen IS local to me while OP is in PA 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not the bike I was thinking of, but looks pretty good, and no Pops, if the other dude wanted it I would give him first grab, I have many bikes, but always wanted a Pinto. @ Jacob, never needed a bonded title, especially if the bike was never registered in MN. I always indicate bike was abandoned on my property, never show any plate and admit to no paperwork, just need the statement of facts and application to title a motor vehicle form, and the pics, although the last bike I titled the nice lady at the DMV told me with a wink, just keep those pics, I will send it through, if the state says something I'll call you, she never called, and I got my title! ;) I go to a tiny dmv, in greenwood MN, off hwy 7, I have dealt with her many times, she is very sweet and helpful, knows her stuff, and is used to me, I buy and sell cars for something to do, so she is used to me. Most MN DMV/deputy registrar offices have no idea about moped stuff, the one before that the same lady did not help me and I almost had my QT-50 registered as a motorcycle, I caught it, and they corrected it before I ever left.

SAVAGEGEARHEAD4 SAVAGEGEARHEAD4 /

So how much you lookin for it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account