58 Mobylette sold by Wards

I am working on a 58 Mobylette made by Motobecan. I need to pick your brains on this. On the right side of the pedal crank there should be a sprocket but on the one I'm working on there isn't. There is no sign of there being a spot where one was mounted so I'm wondering if it was somehow attached to the right hand crank arm?

I don't have the RH crank arm to look at.

Thanks in advance for your help and insight.

John in Texas

Re: 58 Mobylette sold by Wards

On the AV88 the sprocket is welded to the right side pedal arm. It's probably the same on the AV89.

I found the parts book for the older Moby's and yes you are very right. Now all I have to do is find the RH crank arm.

Wishing everyone a blessed New Year

John in Texas

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

http://www.lesolex.com/catalogue/5921-pedalier-motobecane.html

I have a spare, but I'm just not ready to sell parts yet.

Thank you for the link to the dealer in France who has the pedal arm and chain wheel assembly. The price is reasonable at 35 Euro's, and I have contacted them about the cost of shipping. That maybe a deal killer but I could be pleasantly surprised, we will see.

Cheers

John in Texas

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. Haven't heard back from the dealer in France about the cost of shipping. I'm going by a local bicycle shop and see if he knows of where I might find something like that. You never can tell.

Cheers and thank you all for your help.

John in Texas

On the 50v the sprocket is welded to the pedal shaft, not the pedal arm.

Yes it is. You and others in this forum let me know. So now the hunt is on.

Thank you for getting back to me.

John in Texas

Mine is an AV88 and as much as I wish that the sprocket was welded to the shaft it isn't.

Did go by the local bicycle shop and they couldn't help me. But it was worth a shot.

Again, thanks to all who have responded. UI will get there.

John in Texas

Ebay is an option, but you'll have to check regularly. I'll try to keep an eye out.

Just make your own if you know how to weld. some of those darn french pedal arms have weird thread pitch too.

You are right about the thread pitch, on my Moby the threads are 1.00 while most others are 1.25.

Cheers

John in Texas

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account