1999 Tomos Sprint (A35) - Help (New to the Army)

Hello Moped Army!

Before the holiday, I decided to pull the trigger on this moped since I thought it was a pretty good deal and my current form of transportation (electric scooter) is on its last leg.

She's definitely fun to ride, but I'm realising I may have jumped the gun because I have any idea how to maintain her really. For instance, I don't understand how to fuel her. It says 2% mix, but is that a specific oil and gasoline? A specific gasoline?

Any general resources, guides, or in particular a manual for the Tomos Sprint, would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is to take good care of her in the meantime, maybe restore/renew and resell. (Maybe one day I can find newer moped to use as a kind of recreational vehicle.) Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to only drive a moped; safety, distance, weather, storage, etc. are all factors to consider for daily transportation. (edited)

IMG_2848.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2859.JPG

Re: 1999 Tomos Sprint (A35) - Help (New to the Army)

Sorry I misread, 2% =50:1 gas/oil mix. A good stock tomos like that will run forever. (edited)

2.6 oz per gallon.

i've never seen a non oil injected a35, did the po say he deleted it and you now have to premix the gas? or is there a sticker on the bike saying to mix 2%. Normally the auto oil pump is under the lefr cover and two lines run to an oil tank under the seat. If its been deleted its better anyways, just check to see if its all been ripped out and the manifold nipple is plugged.

A35 r solid, google tomos manuel or do a search here on the forum.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i've never seen a non oil injected a35, did the po say he deleted it and

> you now have to premix the gas? or is there a sticker on the bike saying

> to mix 2%. Normally the auto oil pump is under the lefr cover and two

> lines run to an oil tank under the seat. If its been deleted its better

> anyways, just check to see if its all been ripped out and the manifold

> nipple is plugged.

>

> A35 r solid, google tomos manuel or do a search here on the forum.

My Sabina (1999 a35 Sprint) came with no oil injection or turn signals. The sprint was the most bare bones mode they made during those times.

Check your airbox and read information about how to clean a carburetor.

Research promising gas, and always shake a little before fueling.

If you’ve never owned a motorcycle before, do research on pre-ride inspections and how to spot dangerous shit before you ride

And if you want any new plastics I’ve got all my original ones with the nice graphics on still

Here’s a pic of her unmolested

F86589B6-342E-4DB5-980C-0E7DEF8AC415.jpeg

I have owned as many a35 without oil injection as I have with the oil injection, which are always promptly deleted for pre-mixing. Good looking tomos you got just read thru the wiki on here about your engine and where possible problems will occur. Just keep it stock and learn as much as you can on how to maintain it running stock. Kitting will only start causing the need for more maintenance sooner.

J. Lewis /
lewx OP

> Alex G Wrote:

> And if you want any new plastics I’ve got all my original ones with the

> nice graphics on still

Oh those do look nice, how much would you sell the plastics for?

Also, by chance are you the original owner or you bought her pre-owned? I wanted to also find an owner's manual for the '99 Sprint specifically but can't find one anywhere.

> My Sabina (1999 a35 Sprint) came with no oil injection or turn signals.

> The sprint was the most bare bones mode they made during those times.

And is it possible to add turn signals? I saw some on amazon, but I'm not sure if its possible to wire/add to begin with. (edited)

> J. Lewis Wrote:

> Oh those do look nice, how much would you sell the plastics for?

>

> Also, by chance are you the original owner or you bought her pre-owned?

> I wanted to also find an owner's manual for the '99 Sprint specifically

> but can't find one anywhere.

>

> And is it possible to add turn signals? I saw some on amazon, but I'm

> not sure if its possible to wire/add to begin with.

You can add turn signals but if we have the same body styles then you won’t have anywhere on the back to mount them. Also you probably don’t have the handlebar switch or the wiring.

The plastics are good other than a medium Gouge on the front faring and small scratch in the left (I think the original owner went down)

PM me and I’ll send you pix of the plastics and we can figure out if you want then and price

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account