C70 Passport safe on lift?

Hi there ... just getting used to the space, so if this is in the wrong place, let me know.

Gonna do tires and brakes on my new-old Honda C70 this weekend. The one I had back in the day had a center stand which made things like this easy. This bike only has a side stand. Question is, does it make sense to buy one of these HF cheapo lifts? With the front half of the lifting pressure being placed on the engine, will it cause too much stress?

Anyone have any experience with these?

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 6.56.13 PM.png

Re: C70 Passport safe on lift?

You're better off buying a center stand and putting it back on

The bike isn't very flat on the bottom, since you've got the exhaust and brake pedal in the way, so I dont think it's going to sit very well on that stand. (edited)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Waste of money. Get a real motorcycle lift at HF. It’ll pay for itself many times over. I bought mine 15 years ago for $200 and sold it this past summer for $175. If you have the space, they’re well worth the investment. (edited)

No. Buy a center stand or just use a couple ratchet straps over the roof truss in your garage.

Pushrod Fifty /

I usually hang the the end of my mopeds or Cubs from a garage beam and brace the bottom of the engine with wood blocks, front or rear, to remove the wheels.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Waste of money. Get a real motorcycle lift at HF. It’ll pay for itself

> many times over. I bought mine 15 years ago for $200 and sold it this

> past summer for $175. If you have the space, they’re well worth the

> investment.

I built my own moped work bench but these lifts are awesome and would be down to end up switching over to one some day.

Why not just flip a milk crate and cut out for exhaust and such ?

Or slap a few pieces of wood or metal ( tubing ) together to catch key points ? (edited)

I have a lift and I also have one of the ones pictured. The floor lifts dont work for all bikes. Wont work on my savage because it is not flat. I have to make some blocks to put on it so it will work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account