Future Moped owner here, need help from the community.

Clayton Griffith /

I have found two prospect moped to purchase in my state. Both for really good deals and they both run, I'm just having trouble deciding. One is an 1984 FA50 Suzuki Shuttle and the other is 1980 Vespa Piaggo Grande. I like how the Vespa is bigger but I also like the kickstart on the Suzuki. Can anyone breakdown the pros and cons of both?

Screenshot_20210107-170238.png
Screenshot_20210107-162813.png

Re: Future Moped owner here, need help from the community.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've owned both, and while I loved my FA50, the Grande is a better bike. More parts availability, easier to work on and modify in the future as you go.

1950 Special Deluxe /

I agree that for your introduction to this adventure that the Vespa is the best choice.

But, given the opportunity I would buy both.

I've owned and ridden hard for the past 11 years my FA50 .

Only breakdown was of my own making .

Set it right and just enjoy .

I can't say about a Grande , as I've never had the urge or need for one .

If I were to buy a true moped , it would likely be one of my top choices .

Get the grande. You can still kickstart with the pedals

Get both.

Both are good bikes, but more room to mod the Vespa, but it looks to have been wrecked, check it over very carefully, looks like it needs a light for sure to be legal, also check for paperwork if your state requires it. If you can afford to, buy both.

Clayton Griffith /

Thank you guys, I'm starting to lean towards the Vespa, as it can carry a passenger. Only problem is the Vespa is 3 hours away and 100$ more expensive. I will update with my decision

I see you are in Texas, make sure the bikes are titled if you intend to ride them on the street, if you get the Vespa ask in the clutch/belt covers are with the bike, it has definitely been crashed.....if you don't know anything about bikes bring someone with you who does....it is not street legal as it is.

Terbo Speghetti /

Depends what you want.

If you need a bike to go to and from work reliably, get the fa50.

If you wanna get into wrenching and engines and that kinda stuff, get the Vespa.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account