Re: Title for mopeds?

Curly T /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

pretty sure in CA that without pedals it is in the same class as Motorcycles and Scooters. however years ago it was possible to register it as a Moped because of the small engine, now is different. I am not sure that a Title came with that bike, but you should certainly fill out a Bill of Sale with a statement of facts noting that the seller could not produce a title. be sure to include the vin# or frame# engine# if you can find them, the DMV will most likely do a search to check if it was ever in the system or reported stolen. It is also possible that it was never in the system, so you may be able to still register it as a Motorcycle, but it most likely will have to be inspected to be sure all equipment functions correctly, such as headlamp, tail light, brake light, horn, rear view mirror, and a couple ways to kill the motor. They also may want to see you start it on an incline or decline. (I had to show all these when I took a NOS Moby to the DMV to ride in the M2 test)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account