Rock hard rubber? AT-205

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I first heard of this stuff on a YouTube car channel awhile back, and i bought a bottle. This stuff is amazing! Like, too cool to be true. It helps soften and preserve rubber bits. It's marketed as a "stop leak" type thing, it's supposed to soften hardened old oil seals and gaskets slightly so they seal again. Some have had bad luck saying that it softened the main seals so much that they popped out and they lost all their oil/transmission fluid, so put it in your car at your own risk...but I use it for all the little rubber bits you find on mopeds that have hardened with age.

16105035732975065451456876368969.jpg

I've used it to restore the little rubber discs with holes in them inside petcocks, I saved the petcocks on both my Laguna and Rd-50 this way. They leaked from the body, but after an overnight soak in at205, they were soft again and sealed great!

I've also saved gas tank mounting bushings, cable/electrical boots, and quite a few other things, its super handy to have.

I made a little video showing it's effectiveness. I had 4 of these brake plate plugs that were rock hard, like if you squeezed them with pliers they'd crack...left them in at205 overnight, and they were soft as brand new ones. This might work well too for intake/airbox boots on old motos, those are notorious for getting rigger mortis..

(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account