Re: Qt50 build progress!

Just happen to have one pw50 rear left in stock if you need it. Shoot me an offer we both can live with if you can use it.

20210406_182848.jpg

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just happen to have one pw50 rear left in stock if you need it. Shoot

> me an offer we both can live with if you can use it.

hey there, thanks for the offer but i don't it it would fit on the QT50 wheel , i ended up getting another one off of Fleabay (edited)

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> What minarelli kit? I debated it but plunking down $250-300 on a

> scooter pipe in addition never sat well.

just your cheapo 35$ kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOG70-BORE-47MM-CYLINDER-Piston-Gasket-Kit-JOG50-BIG-BORE-FOR-Yamaha-Minarelli/172511367314?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

for the pipe, I'm just gonna reweld my people's pipe.

figured a 47mm bore is better than a 44mm one (gonna see if I can get away with not boring out the cases too much) (edited)

I am not really familiar with the parts changing but i was curious at one point and i think a qt wheel fit the spline on that rear end..i knew it has been posted the shafts had to be changed but never got that deep in it...

yeah, the shaft is too long (as pw is a duel shock design, qt is single) brakes are bigger on the pw and the champs

diff housing is a different design as well (for the bigger brakes)

Jack Rutherford /

47mm puch head should work on that and keep it cool (edited)

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> 47mm puch head should work on that and keep it cool

yup! i had to enlarge the holes on it, I believe mine is a super street? I cant remember I got it with a whole box of moped parts.

believe you can also run a water pump and a Minarelli LC type head if you wanted to have liquid cooling (edited)

I need to look at that on my pw..i am almost sure it is single shock...seems also the brakes on my pw use same as the qt..lol you have me a little.confused on what i do have now ..

i might be wrong on the brakes lol, the champ is *what i believe* has the bigger brakes, qt and the pw50 might be the same (not sure, i own a champ rear diff so my info is based on what I've got)

Lol still got me wondering what i do have..i will check things out though.. (edited)

if it fits on a qt50 its a qt50 diff lol

Welll it came off a pw50 i know so not sure at this point.but i do think a qt wheel fit the spline (edited)

Well, pw50 shaft is longer, since it IS a duel shock design.

I believe its also a different spline version <--not confirmed, just a educated guess.

I had it in my mind my pw was single shock rear and sure hate to say i was "wrong and you were right " lol...

Jack Rutherford /

"To use a pw50 rear end you either need to press out the axle shaft from the ring gear and press on the pw's ring gear onto the old qt's axle shaft so the axle shaft is the same length or just use washers to take up the slack. Using washers allows you to later run a right side swing arm if you go with a towny engine like I did or fab up your own right side swing arm like I did before getting a towny engine."

see if link works (edited)

So Jack i take ir the axle spline is the same..i thought at one time i tried the qt wheel on the pw rear ,maybe i did lol

Alright!!!

got my kit today!

so, good news, it'll bolt on!

HOWEVER, it's gonna need modifications, mainly case matching.

ports on mine are a 6 port design (high-end ones are 7-10 port) But, I'm cheapass so 36$ is good enough for me!

gonna need to spend a little time on mine as the transfer ports look rough (and 1 is unfinished)

compared to the one meant for the qt50, the exhaust port is bigger, more aggressive in terms of porting, transfers are kinda crap, but i can fix those.

also has this weird boost port thing, guessing for some FAAT power.

ill see if i have to TIG the cases, hoping i won't.

also exhaust stud spacing is the exact same, so a scooter pipe can bolt on to a qt50 top end, you just need to reangle the tab. (edited)

Pics

(Gasket on the qt50 60cc kit)

60cc kit on the left

20210408_154915.jpg
20210408_154807.jpg
20210408_155108.jpg

70cc kit measurements

20210408_155434.jpg
20210408_155446.jpg
20210408_155250.jpg

Kinda crappy transfer casting (2nd pic) 1st pic is what its supposted to look like.

20210408_155336.jpg
20210408_155331.jpg

Jack Rutherford /

curious as to these measurements. same?

mina.jpg

Jack Rutherford /

huge!

mina.jpg

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> curious as to these measurements. same?

> >

Ill have to check when i get back, the bores are different though, 44 vs 47mm.

Anndd, YES THEY ARE!

51mm exactly

alright, so, it's on!

first, my 2 of my kits holes were not true at all, bout 2mm off. so I had to drill them out to 3/8 to fit, you shouldn't have to do this if your kits are more expensive.

second, you gonna need to shave down part of the engine casing as it's round there and not machined flat. (see pic below, its the curved sharpie part)

it looks like it might work without doing anything to the cases (ill have to find out when I start sanding the case)

also looks like a scooter pipe will bolt on to this kit with little modification. (edited)

20210408_182821.jpg
20210408_181607.jpg
20210408_183046.jpg

Forgot to add, the other side is MINT in terms of fitment, just like they designed it for just this occasion ;)

Jack Rutherford /
scooterkit.jpg

dang! Will it sit level if you sand down one side of case? maybe some type of spacer needed?

scooter2.jpg

I'm thinking match the transfers too. (edited)

Yup, seals now! Had to sand both surfaces flat for it to match but it does seal now

20210408_202208.jpg
20210408_201915.jpg

It runs!!

Decided screw it and slaped it on real quick.

Runs, revs good (no muffler so LOUD)

Lean

Also gotta get a new cylinder since i screwed up mine (fins cracked off)

Anyway, yaay!

20210408_205520.jpg
20210408_203854.jpg
20210408_205757.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account