A question of value

Hey guys,

Ive been considering selling off my spares for a garelli VIP that I picked up. I have no idea what some of the parts of worth, so hopefully you guys can help me out with that. There are a bunch of parts that I would guess arent worth a lot (Huret speedo, wiring harness, lights, forks. I basically got an entire bike extra minus a frame), but some of the parts are:

-(2) complete VIP 2-speed engines, not seized. one has a carb, one doesnt.

-set of 17" spoke wheels

-dent and rust free fuel tank

-body panels for a VIP

-fenders (are these specific for 17" wheels?)

I also got a set of nice soft OEM Garelli saddle bags- are these rare? I cant find any anywhere else.

Re: A question of value

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Engines complete should go for minimum of $150 each depending on condition. Ebay seems to bring out the buyers on those. The carb on those is so common, the lack of it doesn't effect the value. Wheels bring $100 a set minimum. A nice tank $40 or more. The bags are actually a little rare, but also appeal to a very specific market since most moped folks like the clean bagless look. Probably $30-$40 each. Panels $20-$40 depending. Fenders a little less.

Sending PM

> Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Engines complete should go for minimum of $150 each depending on

> condition. Ebay seems to bring out the buyers on those. The carb on

> those is so common, the lack of it doesn't effect the value. Wheels

> bring $100 a set minimum. A nice tank $40 or more. The bags are

> actually a little rare, but also appeal to a very specific market since

> most moped folks like the clean bagless look. Probably $30-$40 each.

> Panels $20-$40 depending. Fenders a little less.

Thanks for that.

Just got a bunch of PM's about the saddle bags- I most likely will be holding onto them with the bike, since they are handy for sticking spare plugs/tools in. Or wendys nuggets. I just havent seen any of these before, only the hard ones that a person had here a year or two ago. A photo is attached

20200928_170943.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account