1975 Gitane Confort

Robert Hill /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi guys, I'm new to Moped Army.

I'm an Englishman living in Brittany (Northern France) and I own a small hobby business called Rob's Renault Rehab renovating classic Renault cars and vans.

I've just bought a 1975 Gitane Confort moped that has only done 1315km (about 817 miles) since it was built 46 years ago.

I must admit that I have very little experience of 2 stroke motors so I'm looking for some advice please.

The motor (I believe) is a Motori Minarelli V1.

She will fire right up when I pedal her on the stand, and rev just fine, but after a minute or so of running has passed she just dies and will not restart.

As soon S the engine is cool again she will fire right up again, but she will just run for a minute or so and conk out again!

I've tried removing the carb and cleaning out the float chamber (because she hadn't been run for several years before I bought her).

The float chamber gasket is good.

I removed the jet in the centre of the float and blew it out with my airline.

The needle valve that the float operates looks good.

Finally, I've cleaned up the fuel tank and rinsed her out with fresh petrol and then filled here with fresh 2 stroke mix.

I'd be very grateful for any advice about what to do next ...

20210210_135353.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account