oil injection tomos classic xl

hi all.i bought a 2014 tomos classic xl and during lockdown fitted an airsal 64,biturbo and a 15/15 carb.ive read alot about the oil injection system.when i removed the old piston it certainly wasnt short of oil supply.ive rebuilt the engine using copper brake pipe instead of the plastic and joined it to the pump using the shortest piece of plastic pipe with new clips.ive fitted a new pump drive nut but in my opinion the design of that is crap.ive mechaniced for over 30 years but ive never come across a system like this.ive not refitted the engine yet,my question is and you know what im going to ask is it that bad,thanks

Re: oil injection tomos classic xl

I'm sorry but I don't really know what you're asking, if you're asking if the oil injection system is shit then I'll just say that most people remove it. If you're changing from stock I definitely recommend removing it. On stock bikes I really think they're alright but lots of others disagree with me

hi there i know most people remove it ,thats why im asking weather it really is that bad

Delete the oil injection and do premix. It is only there for lazy people who dont want to understand how to premix gas. You can even premix right at the gas pump in your moped tank.

Nice thing with tomos when you remove the oil reservoir you gain a seat storage. You need to replace your intake. I dont think that just plugging the hole on the intake is hood enough. Plus the angle on those intake is awful. I really like my cranks pipes intake I got for my tomos.

your bike us using the later indian made internals. Not the slovenian ones. I never trust injectors, but definatly wouldnt trust the newer ones that weren't made by tomos... just plug the port and run premix or replace the intake.

Also, there isn't a way to increase oil injection ratio for your higher displacement. you're risking seizure already, as it metering for 50cc not 64. (edited)

toss it

hi there my oil tank is under the back rack.i bought a honda carb and manifold so might try to fit that too many sharp angles on tomos manifold and thanks for the advice

thanks for that advice

sounds like a good idea thanks

hi do you have a picture of your intake

click flatview on top, makes it easier. Since your crafty you can make a intake, make a flange out of brass, soldered with a 3/4 in. copper street elbow coupled with a rubber elbow from the autoparts store. I use spigot mount dellorto clones totally possible to tuck under og cover as well.

cheers but whats flatview

It's a button you can press in the upper left corner of the website. It allows you to view all posts and read thru them. You don't need to post individual replies.

What do you mean honda carb? Is it a two stroke carb?

its off a honda 70cc.its a bit more sophisticated than a dellorto.thought id give it a try but open to suggestions

> kenneth parry Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> its off a honda 70cc.its a bit more sophisticated than a

> dellorto.thought id give it a try but open to suggestions

If it's a 4 stroke carb don't use it.

it is why

> kenneth parry Wrote:

> it is why

Because they're different, you'd have to swap out all the internals for two stroke appropriate ones which you probably won't be able to find.

Also your honda intake would not work without an adapter for sure. Just visit a moped site and buy the right stuff. Lots of aftermarket intakes and carbs for you to get. Get a real one not a clone. Dont think you will save any money getting the clone. The savings cost you in time and effort getting it to run correctly.

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> > kenneth parry Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > it is why

>

> Because they're different, you'd have to swap out all the internals for

> two stroke appropriate ones which you probably won't be able to find.

Not all the internals ...

2 strokes have a lower intake velocity , which requires a different emulsion tube than a 4 stroke . That's the main difference .

Sometimes the slide cutaway is different .

Really , it's simply a matter of tuning the carb you have for the application at hand . (edited)

> P D Wrote:

> > Nick MBC Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > kenneth parry Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > it is why

>

> >

>

> > Because they're different, you'd have to swap out all the internals

> for

>

> > two stroke appropriate ones which you probably won't be able to find.

>

> Not all the internals ...

>

> 2 strokes have a lower intake velocity , which requires a different

> emulsion tube than a 4 stroke . That's the main difference .

>

> Sometimes the slide cutaway is different .

>

> Really , it's simply a matter of tuning the carb you have for the

> application at hand .

I didn't know if the dude would understand if I said emulsion tube or atomizer so I simplified

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> I didn't know if the dude would understand if I said emulsion tube or

> atomizer so I simplified

No worries . :)

Just a little definition .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account