2009 tomos lx a55 turn signal relays

Robert Hensley /

So I went led turn signals....I hooked up one it flashed correctly then I got to the end and realized I needed a relay....before I buy relays for front and back what do you suggest

Re: 2009 tomos lx a55 turn signal relays

> Robert Hensley Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So I went led turn signals....I hooked up one it flashed correctly then

> I got to the end and realized I needed a relay....before I buy relays

> for front and back what do you suggest

You just buy one relay. I suggest you look at a wiring diagram

Robert Hensley /

I have the diagram...the question is more geared towards what relay does someone recommend.

Re: tomos lx a55 turn signal relays

Robert Hensley /

I have the diagram...the question is more geared towards what relay does someone recommend.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Any gm flasher unit they have to idle hi to work right btw

Robert Hensley /

Ok thanks...I've got parts here to fix her up and trying to get everything buttoned up...we got a shit ton of snow so I cant ride but I definitely plan on 70cc kit next the lights flashing was the last bug....I want to go led head light cuz my stock light is definitely a joke

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Once you turn up the idle it will be fine there's like 75w 12v more than enough and when you upgrade to a kit you won't be blowing shit out at high rpm. Make sure the regulator brown terminal out is grounded away from all other grounds it's the overflow.

LEDs work most efficiently with an electronic flasher .

Buy one and you won't have to worry about having enough juice , as they require a lot less to function .

If your headlight isn't bright and you have a modern Tomos electrical system something is wrong. That stator should be putting out more than enough power to illuminate the road adequately with the appropriate bulb

Robert Hensley /

Thanks for the info and picture reference...huge help

Yeah whenever you kit it the added rpms and voltage will usually blow out the lights.

Robert Hensley /

So I bought resistors and they didnt work, bought this exact relay and tried it today and didnt work...I so tired of manually flashing my turn signal....I want something to work for once even if that means all new turn signals....I need more advice and or help on this electric stuff

Without a battery LEDs are gonna be tough. Honestly I've never had LEDs not flash with any relay I've tried, usually they just flash too fast. Are you sure one isn't burnt out or something?

Robert Hensley /

They all work...I'm just goin to put stock back on I'm so tired of dealing with all the extra stuff that I dont care about looks any more to be honest, I'm to the point I just want them to work and don't carry about fancy looking lights anymore (edited)

Hand signals seem to get folks' attention , whenever I ride . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account