Iso tomos mechanic

Robert Hensley /

I knowledgeable myself but hit a wall....if your in Ohio and hopefully close to port Clinton, northern Ohio please contact me and I'll let you know more details...fixed gear and clutch and now for the life of my this case wont got back on...I've fought for to many hrs...I want to ride this thing n be done having sit in my house...needs fixed n put in shed

20210220_234818.jpg

Re: Iso tomos mechanic

First off, that gear is gnarled pretty bad, second see if you've bent anything by getting the engine off, maybe it's catching on a case bolt.

First time is always the worst. Looks like minor sprag spring damage on gear, ensure theres a new one in there and all the old bits out before closing up, magnet fishing. Pretty sure installing tomos side cover has been gone thru a zillion times on MA but here goes;

There is no magic, the side cover just goes right on, no real force needed, maybe a just a couple wiggles, and a couple small bumps with your closed fist and bam. Things to look out for:

1. Ensure peanut in fully in slot

2. Ensure pedal shaft is all the way in, wiggle wiggle, twist twist, until it seats all the way in...this is your issue i believe

3. Ensure washers are all there for spacing.

4. Ensure no crap in alignment slugs n holes.

5. Ensure you have a new case gasket.

6. Ensure above and install cover straight, keep some inward pressure on that pedal shaft so it does not twist and pop out. Take side cover and wiggle wiggle, to align counter shaft and up slightly for crank shaft. Once crankshaft is on and alignment pins located then it should be close 1/4" or so. Make sure that pedal shaft doesn't slide out, push push, wiggle wiggle, tap tap, If it 1/8th or so from flush, you've almost made it, a couple fist bumps and your set. Whatever you do, do not use screws to "pull" that last bit of cover on.

Robert Hensley /

Believe me I've been very meticulous about everything....this is why I asked for a tomos mechanic, I'm not doing anything to it anymore....I've done everything and pushed pulled twisted,checked and triple checked...thanks for advice but literally looking for mechanic not advice at this point.

> Robert Hensley Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Believe me I've been very meticulous about everything....this is why I

> asked for a tomos mechanic, I'm not doing anything to it anymore....I've

> done everything and pushed pulled twisted,checked and triple

> checked...thanks for advice but literally looking for mechanic not

> advice at this point.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/branches/zeros/andyscouten/

^^^^^ try this person. He can probably help you if you can get it to him. If not you can ship it to me and I'll fix it.

Tweaker trash /

Take a breath and Post a video! It’s probably the clutch bearing in the cover that is giving U a difficult time

Make sure you didn't get a bur or slightly mushroom the end of the crank or gear shaft.

Tweaker trash /

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Make sure you didn't get a bur or slightly mushroom the end of the crank

> or gear shaft.

Yup

Robert Hensley /

Ok fella's imma check again after church maybe post a video....thanks for the bur input and the bearing problem...I was planning to ride today but after last night I'm not so sure it'll happen today.

You got this Bb

We are rooting for ya! You will get a ride in today for sure!

Ya this definitely takes a special touch. Pat gave a good run down. I fought with one for a few hours then Karl came over and over and was like all you have to do is make sure everything is lined up inside side wiggle it around and it should fall in. He did it in like 5mins that took me way to long to fail at. I still probably can’t replicate 🤣. It can be a pain if you have not done many TOMos, don’t feel bad about it. Stay persistent I bet you get it.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

2 minutes was the longest I argue with a Tomos case.

Once aligned double check function by holding pedshaft in all way and rock pedal back and forth.

Tweaker trash /

U try removing the carb? Sometimes the stock ones get in the way

If you haven't hit up Andy or the Zeros yet they're your best bet if you can't get it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account