MOPED SPRING BREAK PLEASURE ISLAND BEACH CRUISE

Yes, the rumors are true. The Moped Spring Break Beach Cruise is happening April 9th thru the 11th, 2021 in Carolina Beach, North Carolina.

And yes, to answer your question, there will be t-shirts. Registration is $25 which includes your rally pack, Saturday dinner (fresh/local caught seafood boil on the beach! YUM!), and a brand new feature just released for playing Mopedz in 2021- the “MCOPID-19 SAFETY PACK” (pronounced mack-opp-id; motor+pedal=moped… moped+covid=mcopid). Links for registering will follow soon, so stay tuned!

Y’all, I honestly just wanted to play mopeds… so I accidentally wished to ride my moped at the coast with a friend or two. Less than 48 hours later, by no control of my own, it has escalated into this.

Imagine a kid who invites to every single one of his classmates to his birthday party, to then only have one other kid show up because that kid’s mom forced him to go, and what it must feel like for that little birthday boy. Okay, so now imagine what it must feel like if the opposite happened- not only does everyone in his class who he invited comes, but his entire elementary school wants to come celebrate with him; and then not only the entire school, but another school of kids from the next county over and groups of kids from over a dozen other states! THAT feeling of excitement and moped love is what is flowing through me right now; kinda feels like I inhaled too many moped fumes.

Anyways, the next big thing on everyone’s mind (other than will there be t-shirts) is “but the pandemic” and “is this too soon?”.

I just wanted to give everyone an important heads up that with every step of planning we are figuring out the best solutions to play safe and have the best time ever. This weekend will be all about being outdoors with fresh sea breezes and miles of sandy beaches. It will also still be off season for tourism, so that means a lot less crowds and people in general; most likely the beaches will be pretty empty.

We encourage you to plan your sleeping accommodations to stay with your moped quarantine bubbles; I feel like that is something pretty standard that we did before. If you are splitting an Airbnb house with friends from out of state, try to have designated rooms and bathrooms for each crew. Conveniently, we are all meeting up in a town that was made for people to visit- that means that there’s a plethora of rental houses/condos and hotel rooms all within walking distance of each other and to the oceanfront.

When we’re not riding or napping, there are plenty of ways to socialize safely in Carolina Beach that you wouldn’t find at other rally destinations across the country. CB has a beautiful quaint boardwalk that dates back to the 1930’s with several outdoor bars, food, taco shack, ice cream stand, shops, etc. It’s the perfect place to “meet up” and wander without everyone getting stuck in one venue.

***PLEASE NOTE***

We will be implementing a COVID-19 safety plan; we encourage EVERYONE to get tested before they arrive. Be mindful and be safe during your travels between your home and the beach destination.

We know we can’t enforce everyone to do this, but, stay tuned, because instead of making a list of rules we have devised some silly fun bonus perks and incentives to motivate everyone to play safe!

I was thinking this morning- we all have no issue with wearing helmets to stay safe, so wearing a mask should come natural! Masks are the “life buckets” in the world of “brain buckets”. (Also, FYI for those from out of state- both helmets and face masks are required by law in the state of North Carolina.) Hashtag moped friends are the best friends you’ll ever have… let’s work together to keep our best friends safe! <3

Re: MOPED SPRING BREAK PLEASURE ISLAND BEACH CRUISE

Curious if the t-shirts will be available for those that can’t make the trip?

Sshhhhh, now I gotta tell ya part of the surprise plan for moped peeps who can't be with us in person! ;)

But to answer your question, yes, but not quite the same ones that will be in the rally packs exclusively for in-person attendees. This will all make more sense in due time I promise!!

This sounds like a great idea if covid wasn’t a thing. I appreciate the work y’all want to put into making sure everyone is safe — but let’s be honest with ourselves here: moped people are absolutely reckless. This is not an event you should be promoting right now, even with the best intentions.

If people do go to this I implore you to please wear masks and don’t mingle. Stay socially distanced and please get tested before you go.

I think it's great that you guys are putting so much work in to setting this up in a responsible-ish fashion.

I hate to say it but there are so many people that are just doing fuck-all nothing, including the mouth breathers in OT that still think this is a democrat hoax... A few Moped ppl getting together and being mostly responsible isn't gonna move the needle in a red state full of dumbfucks licking public toilet seats.

Is like sweating cutting up your 6pk rings when some shithead is driving around throwing monster cans out the window. The problem are filthy assholes doing 0%, I'm done sweating out the last 10% when I've been doing 90% for a whole year and half the country is doing not shit.

Thank you Graham, yeah, I think we're on the same page. Every single person I've talked to who is interested in coming has been totally on board with masking up and playing safe like its a given fact. I'm planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

Everyone just wants to ride; I can't stop people from meeting up in person, but what I can do make sure I'm providing everyone with the tools necessary to make it as safe as possible.

Here is some great general information about spring break and Amanda

I think you should wait until at least next year.

All camp spots booked until November. We’re thinking about coming but not many places to camp...... 4x4 beach has strict no 2 wheeled vehicles. I doubt they would appreciate us having bikes in our trucks....🤷🏼‍♂️ May Day trip it

Walmart parking lot is looking better by the minute....

As a general FYI for anyone coming or looking to come- I specifically rented a beach house that has a large, private garage so that anyone who needs a safe place to store their bike(s) over the weekend has a place to do so if they can't keep mopeds at their sleeping accommodations. (Sorry though, no more room for peeps; only their mopeds) Send me a message or hit me up in the instagram DM's (@sachsg3) if ya need help!

Also, here's some other relevant information-

The link to the website and registration is here at Moped Spring Break

*IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DEADLINES-

To guarantee you receive a t-shirt in the size you want, you must register by midnight on Sunday, March 21st, 2021!

Registration for the 2021 Moped Spring Break Beach Cruise closes at midnight on Sunday, April, 4th 2021!

very unlikely ill be vaccinated before this and its not worth a 4week quarantine to attend (2before, 2 after)... very smart having it well before peak season starts.

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> very unlikely ill be vaccinated before this and its not worth a 4week

> quarantine to attend (2before, 2 after)... very smart having it well

> before peak season starts.

Even vaccinated , you could still act as a transfer agent . :(

Dirty30 Dillon /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Full Tuck Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > very unlikely ill be vaccinated before this and its not worth a 4week

>

> > quarantine to attend (2before, 2 after)... very smart having it well

>

> > before peak season starts.

>

> Even vaccinated , you could still act as a transfer agent . :(

Yeah, it's the fucked up truth.

Exactly- just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you're in the clear. On the registration form I added a section to gather some covid related facts and stats. During the registration process before check out you get this-

"This year we're trying to play as smart as possible to keep all our friends safe, because moped friends are the best friends you'll ever have! In the state of North Carolina, masks are mandatory in any setting outside of your home and when gathering with other people.

These last couple questions are to help us have a better understanding and accurate gauge of what to expect at our first in person moped community event in over a year. There are no wrong or right answers, so please respond honestly!

We hope you'll help us in creating the safest possible environment for everyone in attendance. The questions are optional and will be kept private between you and the organizer of the event. We're hoping the data from this next page will help our friends and clubs across the country with organizing their own in person events in the near future! And don't worry, any data we share with them will be completely anonymous."

Its followed by a few questions asking if you will be or anticipate to be vaccinated by the start of the event, do you plan on getting tested in preparation for attending, and have you been tested previously. Also, there is a box to check to request information on how and where to get tested for free.

So far from those who have registered, half will be vaccinated before that weekend. Also, 86% of all registered attendees said they plan on getting a COVID-19 test in preparation for our event to make sure they're testing negative. Of those who answered no or opted to not answer, all but one person requested information on how to get tested.

So, based on the stats coming in, I'm feeling pretty darn confident that everyone in attendance is going to be doing their part. I have enough face masks for 1,000 people; everyone is getting a stack of masks and their own personal hand sanitizer in the rally packs, so no one will have an excuse to not be wearing a mask. Also, a plethora of sanitizing and disinfecting supplies will be readily available the whole weekend. (edited)

*****IMPORTANT*******

To guarantee you receive a Moped Spring Break t-shirt in the right size, you MUST REGISTER BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! (Sunday, March, 21st, 2021)

611953FD-26CA-4D90-B02D-CDFE865901F3.jpg

Well I wish you luck. I'm not willing to die or kill people purely for recreation and social experiences seeing as I have 23 dead dear friends but yeah. Wish you the best.

bothers me that this community would do something like this. I mean a ride, yeah. But a three day thing right now.....

Damn Aaron sorry you experienced loss like that. This past year has sucked so hard.

I think a lot of thought about peoples safety has been put into this. This is literally ONE person putting this on. Not a club. I think she has done a good job of keeping this Covid friendly. There is no giant typical moped rally crash spot to have a bunch of people camping next to people they don’t know.

The same people that are going to be huddled up in groups at this are the same people that would do it anyway in their home town. It is all about people’s comfort level.

My comfort level is low for being around anyone. However I’m back at school teaching in a classroom packed with kids. If I have to do that I’m good with going on a large group moped ride. About half of our club is going. We have camp spots on the 4WD Beach away from people. I think ALL but 2 people going from our club will be fully vaccinated by that time.

I honestly think this can be done safe as possible but there is always risk. NC numbers are dropping, we still has a mask mandate soooo......I think everything will be good.

Lots of people have been asking about still getting t-shirts if they can't be at the rally, so I have a special surprise for you. The Moped Spring Break Dream Pack is basically a beach cruise (rally) pack for our friends who can't join us in person! For $28 it includes a premium full color DTG printed black Bella Canvas t-shirt, some bonus Moped Spring break goodies, and INCLUDES shipping & handling! Order from the site today; orders will ship out after 4/15/21.

Click here to buy the shirt pack.

I wish shirt on white.png

B5EA4DAA-0ABE-4DDC-A477-1D04AF1C5BEE.jpeg

Weather is getting right and we’re getting pumped.

FYI! We have oodles of stellar prizes up for grabs! Gift cards galore, moped swag, parts, tools, T-shirts, Crank Pipes treats, and a very special RAFFLE BIKE (or 2?!)!

TICKETS ARE ONLY $1 A PIECE.

I set up several different pre-order options so you can buy your tickets ahead of time and they’ll be ready for you to pick up at check in! You can get them in 5, 10, 20, 26 ticket increments. They will be available at the event, but trying to reduce the amount of cash money and goods exchanged in person for pandemic reasons.

Buy your raffle tickets here.

Or buy this $25 deal to snag a bonus ticket!

IMG_3873.JPG

Just a reminder that registration ends at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. This is the final call!

There will NOT be onsite registration available for this event, so if you are planning on attending, be sure to sign up ASAP!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account