a35 question.

can someone give me an idea how to tell right away if my a35 transmission can be built with another pair of center cases?? thanks.

Re: a35 question.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Only if it's the same era.

A35 a35 pin type or tube. Locators. Points only or cdi casehalf. The transmissions can be used in any case. A35 transmission is one straight cut gear. one slant. The a3 crank is thicker than a35 and has a smaller wrist pin. Clutchbell s don't swap a3 a35.

Countershaft will swap but need a straight gear swapped into an a3. If the engines are close in age the chain sprockets and pedalshaft s are the same.

So if you have a pre 2000 a35 with points get cases from another pre 2000 with points. Most of the internals should swap but the electronics can be weird. There are no numbers or markers to indicate any of this, so the seller will need to know, or buyer beware.

I think it's a3 cases because only 3 places to bolt the mag. and no timing marks on the case. but I'll but I'll be running parma cdi no curve. so I'm hoping it will be ok. set of bare new cases $40 couldn't pass em up. I'd buy an a35 if I can find one complete. $500.00 I'd spend.

Lotsa people would a whole ped for 500.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's how you end up with 1 of everything...

75 dollar seized engines....

A35 cases have two big locating pins where the transmission cover fits, one right by the lower cylinder stud. A3's dont.

How can you not find a a35 for sale. They are 150-250 all day long dawg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Depends on where you are on that. A runner will get 7 or 8

A seized engine maybe.

An a3 case will not take all of the a35 bits. You gotta find another a35 case.

Did you figure out if your new cases A3 or A35?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

On the all parts won't fit.

The a3 support bearing is the only bear in the room.if you find an a35 transcase that fits your case you can run an a35 crank in an a3 using a a35 Clutchbell hubs shoes gearset are slanted but can be swapped for straight cut a35s.

Pros use off the shelf puch and Tomos cylinders and pistons. Con no great a3 shoeyness nor the added value of the a3 hubs & sturdy clutchbells

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account