so many fake SHAs out there, which one's can y'all vouch for?

I'm fixing this 50v I picked up for my partner and figure I'll ditch the gurtner since it is missing its air filter/box, choke cable etc and has sat for hella long.

There are SO many fake dellorto SHA carbs out there that i'm a little unsure which one to pickup. can anyone link me to one they have used that fit on a stock 50v bendy intake with minimal mods? hopefully for a lever choke that would run into the frame upon variation. I appreciate the help as always, stoked to ride this spring.

Also I figured i'd run 14:12 since I don't plan on doing any other mods to this bike. I kinda assume a 15 would be overkill since I'm not gonna put a pipe on it or anything. is that foolish?

172319299_10105093675026278_852056946244747001_n.jpg

Re: so many fake SHAs out there, which one's can y'all vouch for?

Dirty30 Dillon /

All the clones are fake, just spend the $55~ on a real one and not worry about it.

I only buy the ones that are $16 or less. No issues to report on the four I got for my 50V's. They run super reliable and idle perfect. I insist on only the cheapest clone for my Frenchies.

FWIW, I have a clone SHA 15mm on my SPX and it has been no bother. It is by a company called Arbeo. Looking around, they seem to get a good rep among clones.

Jesse Nordlander /

We have had no issues wth any so far. As always there's the classic Sha idle, tip in shenanigans. This can be remedied with some slide mods.

I got the Dakar from Treatland. I had to file the slide, but other than that it's been great.

Ron is right on--that's a good option and supposedly made in Spain. Working like a champ on a Moby and a Suzuki for me. A little tweak or time with sanding slides or cleaning up castings with a jewelers file and you'll be rockin. BTW, get a Malossi shortie intake with the money you save. The carb will work on the stock intake but not as well

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> FWIW, I have a clone SHA 15mm on my SPX and it has been no bother. It is

> by a company called Arbeo. Looking around, they seem to get a good rep

> among clones.

That would be because they are not clones, Arbeo's are licensed replicas made in Spain, licensed directly from Dellorto, not just copies.

> Jesse Nordlander Wrote:

> We have had no issues wth any so far. As always there's the classic Sha

> idle, tip in shenanigans. This can be remedied with some slide mods.

I modified my genuine sha slide to fix idle and mid range issues. This is just a need for sha, single circuit, carbs and not specific to clones.

Well i went with a $17 one listed as

"MothAr A35 Carburetor For Tomos A35 Dellorto Style SHA 14:12P Carburetor Targa LX Golden Bullet TX50#2FM-090-047 "

Comes with a screen filter and a 52 jet which the wiki says should be about right for a stock 50v. I will report back once and if I get this thing running.

I’ve got a couple Bikes with Runtongs on em run good just don’t overtighten dem screws dat metal soft.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> All the clones are fake, just spend the $55~ on a real one and not worry

> about it.

100%

Runtogs. Are not bad just like was stated above they are super soft metal. (edited)

Buyer beware! this MothAR carb is a joke! Huge dent where the air filter mounts. Choke doesn't disengage when the slide is pulled all the way up, big old metal burs, and to top it off the float bowl doesn't sit flush and has a bump in the plastic. The box it was in was pretty damn smashed but this is just bad! It has free returns so I ordered a replacement but I have a feeling its gonna suck too. Lesson learned, I'll probably end up with a rungtong or the real deal.

2.jpg
1.jpg
0.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

As the kids say: SMDH

I 100% would never run one.....ever. Worth not having a shut part to spend the extra money. To me an SHA is already a shit carb design. Then you weaken their worst part easily breakable clamp and easily stripped threads with super crapy metal. That is a hard no from me.

One more, what the hell is that aluminum shaving stuck to it?

730CCC18-620B-4EDC-A4B7-693BB69D0112.jpeg

(edited)

Hmm working on mopeds is basically a challenge not to whine and make it work. I mean do you think you could ship a knock off dell half way round the world to your doorstep for 17 bucks with a free return policy? Cmon man Its mopeds make it work especially if you cheep.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I have had good luck with Runtong and Dakar. Every other clone has been pure shit from a child labor sweatshop China factory.

I would never trust an sha, they are sha-dy

Jesse Nordlander /

Did you put a sharp angle on it and a few notches?

I did all recommended remedies, still has an ever slight transitional roughness.

Just to throw in, the moby will love the 15 sha and will go 40 without changing the pipe. Night and day from gurtner...

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

SHA is the perfect lazy man(Me) carb. Just one jet, and a 5 screen filter for quick on the fly mixture tuning by removing or adding layers. Also don't let anyone tell you you cannot go fast on an SHA. Almost my entire fleet runs 15.15 SHA and you can ask around how my fast mopeds go and how reliable they are.

Jesse Nordlander /

He is so right. Also Once you get the tune correct, and move up a phbg the main jet swaps over, easy ballpark tune.

up to yesterday I had a 15.15 on a peugeot 103, swapped to a 16.16.

The build: airsal 50, doppler streetcup, polini intake, normal 2 petal reed valve w composite reeds, variator mods.

Result: w 15.15 max rpm was 9920 rpm, carb size was the limiting factor.

Mounted 16.16 and instantly realized a gain in rpm to 10150 rpm.

I don't have a speedo mounted, but holding at 8500 it was exactly 39 mph with a chase car. Guaranty it's passing 50 no problem.

Carb #2 came in and looks good! Choke works this time. I put an o ring in there that’s causing the shim to stick out. Would y’all file that shim that sticks out down or just run it?

DC103200-61E3-4CF9-A6AD-368999C64E45.jpeg

Final update: This $17 carb is running well. I had to modify my treats MBK throttle to get the choke to disengage. I filed out the diagonal slide in the grip and its working well. I dunno what size jet this thing came with since its unlabeled but it was way to big. My 50v was running way to rich and topping out at about 20. I threw a 53 in there and now its running well. Totally worth it if you're on a budget and down to clean up some rough machining.

The float bowls are my usual problem, and that seal swells. So they dont seal well, or for long. But once you fix the slide same as any sha, and if you're super careful and it's not one that's got a leaky clamp they work usually mostly close to as well as a SHA. If you have an old SHA, swap the bowl and hardware and you're already 80% better

Honestly i'm pretty regularly just using old take-off SHA's from peoples old tomos's. Let them upgrade, steal the old carb.

I had a clone 15:15 i had to poke out that idle hole, it had some flashing covering most of the end, that took me a while. i've also cracked like 4 or 5, but theyre so cheap it's whatever.

Emil Kniemel /

late to the game but i had success with a runtong as well.

question to be people say SHA like shaw or S-H-A? I've been saying shaw.

Es-ay-chay all the way.

or shaw.

i use them both pretty interchangeably & also run one on my kitted tomos. they frigging rock, but only Dellorto ones. they rip extra hard with the full metal slides too

> Emil Kniemel Wrote:

> question to be people say SHA like shaw or S-H-A? I've been saying

> shaw.

Why not ShA , pronounced with a long A ?

spaco has done me well in the past. but i'd buy genuine if possible personally

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account