Re: Columbia commuter tank conversion

Will , reverse jenner ?

Damn Will am i supposed to cry because you said that..lol...actually i couldn't care less if you don't like it. Thats your american option..i put that together out of what was laying around and do with it as i see fit...you always have to blow your posts out with a bunch of YOU assumed bullshit so everybody is used to it...i might not like all about it right now and posted i was just useing things i had and that i might find a different tank in the future..let me say this though..i welcome all comments and appreciate others ideas..you posted your response just to be an ass as usual so now i know..

you could have just left the transphobic bullshit out. there's only one reason you didn't, and it's because youre a little bitch. that's all. I was totally fine not being an ass but you started this shit, on purpose, because you're fussy and small and hurt. i get it, you don't need to deny it, you only confirm it further

Bruce Jenner is very proud of the change in things...i think it is common knowledge he went from him to her and proud of it. Not sure where Will gets i am in any way wrong by my refrence to it other than his normal bullshit rants he posts..Jenner is proud of the change and i am somewhat proud of the change. (edited)

PD. ..it all goes to what i have said before ...LOOKING FOR A REASON...

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> PD. ..it all goes to what i have said before ...LOOKING FOR A REASON...

By the way Will..i'm not small by any means ..lol

What a crock . It's OK for Will , but not anyone else ?

Oh, what's OK for will? what's not OK for anyone else. To insult someone?

Nah, it's not OK for me to insult folks and be mean. I shouldn't do that. but sorry, I'll call out hateful ignorant bullshit anyway. Fuck that comment. it was absolutely intended to be inflammatory and insulting, no matter how you want to try to walk it back.

It's not like it's just this instance in this thread.

and yea pops, maybe you're not small, you are definitely being small

Not trying to walk anything back Will. I posted it and thats that..you made out what bullshit you wanted to see to stir shit and i posted back what it meant..you can think what you want if it. PD ..the comment i made was not to ve sarcastic at you ..hope you didn't take it that way and i appogise if you did

Pops ,

I saw/see nothing wrong with your post .

And , no offense is taken .

Will started with the reverse jenner comment . That could easily be taken as off-color .

Yet , he calls you out for using a world wide known difference .

That's pretty much the definition of the pot calling the kettle black .

Well ....Will does that a lot but i guess doesn't realise it...maybe he will see the light one day

Jenner? Well she is piece of shit murderer/moron

And pops is a transphobic comedy clown car moped builder

Good times!

Thanks jbot..that was the look i was looking for...i guess i'm lost on the jenner murder things...must have skipped school that day. (edited)

She was driving like an idiot and rear ended 2 cars and pushed a driver into traffic where they were killed. Not charged which was total Bullshit

Ok...now i do remember.something about that..don't remember a lot of detail but do remember it..and so you know thats the way he wanted to be so was.his choice....nothing to me ... (edited)

you probably wouldnt even kiss a hot dude

probably scared to even kiss a girl that used to be a man

small boy, big tank

> P D Wrote:

> Pops ,

>

> I saw/see nothing wrong with your post .

>

> And , no offense is taken .

>

> Will started with the reverse jenner comment . That could easily be

> taken as off-color .

>

> Yet , he calls you out for using a world wide known difference .

>

> That's pretty much the definition of the pot calling the kettle black .

I think you maybe missed the order of events?

1st pops posted a use of a pretty common ebay CG125 tank on his columbia.

then, people responded by commenting shared difficulties making those same large tanks look appropriate on mopeds

things were going well and on topic

Then pops made the comment "maybe I'll call it the reverse jenner" Which I read as "i'm making it look better, so it's the opposite of what Jenner did"

which I replied "reverse jenner?" because I didnt want that to be the answer

and he replied that it was taking a lady bike and making it a man bike, by top tanking it

which, in this context is only somewhat inappropriate, but in the larger context of difficult conversations i've had with pops, seemed a very intentional fuse - one of those "i didnt mean it like that" (wink wink yeah i did huh huh) but maybe was indeed just innocently naieve.

Anyhow, as I revisit my actions I agree that I should have been less reactionry and maybe tried instead to help pops recognize how that comment exposes his biases and the impacts that can have on others, or how that could be hurtful and insensitive, rather than immediately assuming it was another intentionally awful example of ignorance

All you wanted to do was your usual 6 page rant of how you assume i ment to say something which never makes out to be anything i said...seems you're back peddling to make somebody still think i was wrong and you were so right...don't try anymore to get me to understand anything,keep your ideas and comments to yourself and all will be fine.

Sorry pops.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> I think you maybe missed the order of events?

>

You're right . I did miss that Pops first comment . Sorry excuse for skimming . :(

So , I'll take back my comment about the pot calling the kettle black .

Dirty30 Dillon /

Comparing any person to your eye-sore of a bike, is insult.

Using someone's dead name, is transphobic.

Right on time Dillon...going to have to fill me.in on the dead name.. i thought jenner was and still alive thinking of running fir california governor....glas you like the bike also buddy (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Right on time Dillon...going to have to fill me.in on the dead name..

A 5 second adventure down "Google" lane would expose what a dead name is, and why continuing to use it is problematic and insensitive.

> P D Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > I think you maybe missed the order of events?

>

> >

>

> You're right . I did miss that Pops first comment . Sorry excuse for

> skimming . :(

>

> So , I'll take back my comment about the pot calling the kettle black .

It's fine PD..thats your entitled.opinion...as is what i said is mine...also Will.>>> my reason for posting any info other than it was larger than i really wanted or needed was to let somebody that had a purpose for a tank like that to know for the price i thought the quality and things it came with would be helpful to them...had nothing to do with how it fit.9n my ped...i said to start it was too large.but served tge purpose until.i find better but as usual you try your best to blow out context of what was really said (edited)

Well Dillon..i am not up on all the trans things you are..i don't and never have ran in that circle..if it's your thing then i am proud for you...i have nothing against it and if thats your life style then go for it...i guess my use of the name Bruce 8s what you're talking about ..well my educated read the sentence.it said Bruce Jenner made the decision to have the change..at tbat time that would be the name to use so not sure why not appropriate to use that name at that point..after it was completed and the name change came in a guess you would drop that name for Caitlyn....but was not until after the fact

I was fine with the tank discussion. I thought we had a good civil talk, sharing experiences on benefits and challenges with the tank. I did lose it at the jenner thing because it was off topic, insensitive and seemed intentionally inflammatory to distract from negative comments about the tank. If that wasnt your intent, i'm surprised you didnt expect that would piss folks off. but if it was just naievely insensitive and not intentionally abrasive, I definitely blew up. probably stemming from a well of frustration from other insensitive comments or views, which you dont recognize can be hurtful

I posted it ..i said it..it was in no way until you decided to make it that any disrespect to anybody.. you decided to change it to that...HE decided on the change and SHE is the finished product....my ped was a her and changed to a him...i actually put it that way as in conversation..i only used the name to reference the change was opposite....HE is proud of what SHE has become so i see no harm that i made a comment about it....it is all LOOKING FOR A REASON

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Well Dillon..i am not up on all the trans things you are..i don't and

> never have ran in that circle..if it's your thing then i am proud for

> you...i have nothing against it and if thats your life style then go for

> it...i guess my use of the name Bruce 8s what you're talking about

> ..well my educated read the sentence.it said Bruce Jenner made the

> decision to have the change..at tbat time that would be the name to use

> so not sure why not appropriate to use that name at that point..after it

> was completed and the name change came in a guess you would drop that

> name for Caitlyn....but was not until after the fact

I am very proud to have LGBTQ friends. If my lifestyle is "including people in my life without regard to their sexual preferences or gender identity," then I guess you could refer to it as a "lifestyle."

And it's not about when the individual transitioned. It's about respecting others experiences.

I do appreciate that you looked at this issue with an open mind.

Dillon to make a little more to.my point and not argueing..i am considerably older than any of you for the most part...i was raised and still live in small towns in ar.. in my time the gay movement was not heard of especially in small rural towns...i have no reason to know what terms are used or what is acceptable.or not. There is a couple if guys in a town i sometimes live in that live together ..one owns a florist and the other a dry cleaner...i do business with both. .they are both nice people and i see it as what they do is their business and not mine...i don't know anymore about tbe gay culture than i do the mormans or amish but sure all have their way of life thats different from mine just as yours is different from being around big city life where there is more gay people so you encounter them and learn their way of life.. i in no way ment any disrespect to anybody of any culture with what was posted...we just happen to live in 2 diffetent time frames and could almost be said 2 different worlds. So i think you should understand it was not that i was trying to be transphobic or whatever but that was just not familiar with that way of life and made the mistake rather than should be said i did it intentionaly. (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Dillon to make a little more to.my point and not argueing..i am

> considerably older than any of you for the most part...i was raised and

> still live in small towns in ar.. in my time the gay movement was not

> heard of especially in small rural towns...i have no reason to know what

> terms are used or what is acceptable.or not. There is a couple if guys

> in a town i sometimes live in that live together ..one owns a florist

> and the other a dry cleaner...i do business with both. .they are both

> nice people and i see it as what they do is their business and not

> mine...i don't know anymore about tbe gay culture than i do the mormans

> or amish but sure all have their way of life thats different from mine

> just as yours is different from being around big city life where there

> is more gay people so you encounter them and learn their way of life..

> i in no way ment any disrespect to anybody of any culture with what was

> posted...we just happen to live in 2 diffetent time frames and could

> almost be said 2 different worlds. So i think you should understand it

> was not that i was trying to be transphobic or whatever but that was

> just not familiar with that way of life and made the mistake rather than

> should be said i did it intentionaly.

I appreciate the reply, especially being honest. It's important to be open to new things, and even though the NYC Metro area is different than rural AR, I think it's easy to forget that no matter how old you are or where you grew up, the only thing stopping you from expanding your understanding is you (meaning subject, not Pops particularly). So I'm glad you're at least understanding of that and willing to listen and do some mild research.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account