vespa moped butt vibes...

i haven't been on much lately cuz my bikes run so good, i just ride them constantly and therefor get in more accidents. i'm learning to fix my own bones from the inside out using only my brain....

i only stopped riding my moped for 4 weeks and a day after last wreck. i was back on my citta, all oxycodoned up and full of staples asafp. i'm like 65 - 70% good right now and i still got 5 months of potential healing to do. but yeah. mopeds. vespa mopeds especially...

no giggling ok? this post has to do with vibrations and butts and stuff, BUTT i ASSure you it is entirely serious after this point.

the one thing about vespa mopeds that still mystifies me:

i have noticed this on several different bikes, with different motors, different setups, but they were all "kinda" fast. like 40 ish. some faster, some slower, different wheel diameters and gearbox ratios, circuits or simoninis. i think they all were variated and they probably all had little 50 - 65cc kits. my OG red ciao did it and my citta does it, as well as other peoples vespas.

so like i'll be blasting. going pretty fast/maximum fast for a while, and i feel my butt getting hot. i want you to know that i am being completely stone cold serious here. it feels like the seat is getting hot. like exhaust, or friction or something is making it feel like its on fire. this happens any time i go reasonably fast for more than a mile or 2. i'll reach down and touch it with my hand tho and its totally not hot. cool even. from being in wind. the vibrations some how get confused by my sensory organs and regitser as heat. like when your seat was sitting in the sun all day and actually is really hot. IT FEELS EXACTLY THE SAME!

does anyone else ever experience this?

Re: vespa moped butt vibes...

Nah dude. I've just had arm pump every now and then,.

ive experienced vibrations in the nether regions before, but not something perceived as heat.

you dont have a bad ground in your electrical system do ya? the coils will be generating lots more electricity at high RPMs and maybe you ass becomes the path of least resistance at some point as power output increases?

i always like to have a common grounding point thats attached to the motor with ground wires going to everything.

Matt Grantonic /

My Vespa Grande vibrates quite a butt :) , actually more like a buzz which is coming from that long belt they use. My guess it just your body reacting to it as everybody is different in that regard and not really heat. When I ride my Urban Express after the Grande the smoothness is actually eerie.

I think a microwave works by this resonance wave heat concept. To test if your vespa grande is moonlighting as a microwave tape a snickers bar to your seat and see if it melts.

Quinten Hollering /

My Tomos has the same thing. If I come to a stop and then get back up to speed it tends to go away. If it doesn't, rinse and repeat until it does. No clue what it is but yeah the itchy butt can get annoying.

Friction and vibrations on skin are often received as heat signals in ones brain. Make a floating isolation seat and you’ll never feel hot butty again

campeona del mundo /

my ciao vibrates pretty badly even though I've swapped around cranks, flywheels, etc. to try and get it balanced as best as possible. My hands go numb after about an hour in the saddle. That being said, I still need to go back in and balance the single speed clutch assembly because that might be the culprit.

Slap a sheepskin on there. Looks great, feels amazing.

09352035-2E13-4828-AA7F-F2D7381C5ECA.png

It's possible that vibration can raise temperature. There's a handful of YouTube videos about a guy trying to cook a chicken with a slapping machine. After a few revisions, there he is, eating his chicken dinner made from his "meat slapping" machine. Same principle.

Me too Will / I think it's the lightened flywheel builds?

i'm familiar with electronic shock, and it's not that. great answer tho. i rode a friends bike with one of those wooden bead seat covers once. i'll probably grab one of those eventually. the fur ones are rad too.

i'm not even totally sure i want it to stop...

my vespa citta was stolen today, so i'm actually yearning for this feeling right now.

i cried a little. same spot my 103 got took from. the cut a big heavy cable. i wish they'd have taken my sportster instead. if i don't get killed on 'em, they just get took. trying not to count how many stolen bikes i got... way too many.

i'm kinda at the end of my rope. the world just won't let me ride bikes no more. it's like a bikes = women thing. love them more than life itself, but they hurt me so bad i feel like i just gotta quit them... girls was easy. soon as i got to be like 35 and finished going through puberty. single on purpose for like 5 years and counting. i don't even fuck no more. getting almost killed every 18 months is getting old. my bike was ultra shoddy. i feel like someone stole it just to spite me. quitting bikes is gonna be hard...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account