Honda Trail CT110

I’m looking into buying a Honda Trail to add to my fleet. I don’t know much about them yet and am just beginning to research. Does anyone have any insight into these bikes, what’s a good price, would you recommend, etc? I know they were produced in the 1960s-80s and had models CT90 & CT110. What are the best years to look for? They also just re-introduced a 2021 CT125 model, but want one more vintage. Thank you.

Re: Honda Trail CT110

I just finished a ct90 build, they're cool but not $2000+ cool which are the prices in CA. Also they ain't a moped so there is that. 40mph on one feels like shit.

But the motors on them will run forever and there are plenty of replacement parts so there is that

Yeah. If you have the mechanical skill I would recommend trying to find one cheap and restoring it yourself if you want like a nice looking one. cause the prices are getting a little crazy all over. as stated once happy they will run forever. but so kinda feel like shit with the old suspension. I have a CM91 which is the Cub version of of the CT. and the front suspension is just...bad lol. I'd say a good deal these days would be a complete one under $1000. but I don't see that anymore unfortunately. If you do end up getting a basket case to fix up and need tips, let me know. my first quarantine activity last year was learning how to do a full rebuild on these motors.

im in the middle of fixing up a 1965 Honda CA100, its the street version with 50cc pushrod motor that was modified to be the first of the ct-series. Parts are expensive compared to mopeds but ive found everything i needed so far. i feel like these are less desirable cause it slow and there's no after market go-fast parts for the pushrod motor. once i get the Seat back from Maise, i'll be $1k into it. Hopefully, i wont need to buy any more parts to get it running. engine gaskets and seals are my next task.

They recently, like past 5 years got very moto blog trendy, and also transitioned into the nostalgia honda ct70 fan crowd, so prices have skyrocketed like crazy, they're going 3-5x what they were 5 years ago and definitely not worth it anymore. Still of you're diligent and willing to wait you can still find them under a grand. I'd pay up to 800 for one. But they're fetching more than twice that regularly.

It sucks cuz I love them, the horizontal honda is the most produced engine format ever, its incredibly reliable and excellent power and efficiency. There is a real almost every shifty 4 stroke under 200cc is a clone of that design.. parts are easily found including cheap clone engines (with huge sacrifice to quality)

Its really quite a perfect bike, >100mpg and 50mph, virtually unstoppable and usable for whatever tortures you can imagine.

But now you're not just paying for those superlatives, you pay a giant markup cuz collectors and cool dudes everywhere have caught on

I just picked up a 1964 ct200 trail 90 for $200 (it came with a super crusty Batavus Starflite too). I thought it was just a regular old ct90 until I got it home and really looked at it. Was going to clone engine swap it and beat it up but now that I know it’s the 1st year of the trail 90 and has the pushrod engine I’m gonna rebuild it properly.

Anyone have a seat? I don’t want to spend more than the bike cost for a replacement seat from eBay...

the solo seat?

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Sounds like these bikes are pretty cool (although not mopeds), but you’re right that they are hard to find below $1,000. Seems $1,500-$2,500 is more of the range. Thanks again.

mine was $400, but it needs a lot.

Lawfully, mines a "moped" here in VA. i understand many other states still have a bunch of complicated rules for riding things with tiny engines on the road.

edit: added quotes to reflect the term is used in the VA Code (edited)

Yeah Will, the solo seat that attached to the hinge on the gas tank. Mine is missing.

The trail 90s are super fun. The shifting is a bit odd if you’re used to motorcycles with N at the end instead of between gears and the “oh shit I just grabbed the rear brake because there’s no clutch lever”.

Here’s mine as it sits now. Headlight plastic is destroyed but I have the light and everything else is mostly there and in fixable shape.

7FDD18BB-59AE-4E7B-AE25-F3E5C294542B.jpeg

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah Will, the solo seat that attached to the hinge on the gas tank.

> Mine is missing.

>

> The trail 90s are super fun. The shifting is a bit odd if you’re used to

> motorcycles with N at the end instead of between gears and the “oh shit

> I just grabbed the rear brake because there’s no clutch lever”.

>

> Here’s mine as it sits now. Headlight plastic is destroyed but I have

> the light and everything else is mostly there and in fixable shape.

> >

Honestly they're very ridable sans seat lol

Dan just rebuilt mine and it's in the mail

I have a pan for the double, but i think it's c100, so the street cub.

Does yours have a left hand brake lever in addition to the footy?

I fuckin love those bikes a lot.

You can totally find em under a grand, but its rare and competitions high right now.

I had a vub I sold 2 years ago for like 350, running. which in retrospect was way too low but man, i had it listed forever, nobody wanted it. bad timing i guess, fall.

I’m doing a lengthy ride on it, so I’ll def need a seat. Haha

The left lever brake and the right foot brake = super skiddddzzzsss!!!

that's awesome, i dont think they all had both but i've seen em with both. Cool

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account