2002 Tomos Sprint

Clayton Griffith /

here's a video of my sprint

Re: 2002 Tomos Sprint

Probably Fred /

Let us know when you blow the transmission and or kit/piston/cylinder due to the Untuned, hi rpm pipe combination that’s lacking temperature gauge, timing and tuning information,other mods you did to it!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Why did you spend hundreds on performance parts, yet cheaped out on the tires?

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why did you spend hundreds on performance parts, yet cheaped out on the

> tires?

Brakes and tires just slow you down, duh

Clayton Griffith /

Will do, lol.

Clayton Griffith /

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Why did you spend hundreds on performance parts, yet cheaped out on

> the

>

> > tires?

>

> Brakes and tires just slow you down, duh

Exactly lulz

simple and clean, nice work.

I do think a filter's a good idea, or airbox, but I'm not worried about your choice of tires or whatever roff is complaining about.

Roff def knows a lot about mopeds, and has built many to a very narrow and rigid specifications. There are certainly many mistakes that can be made if you haven't adjusted the tuning and timing correctly, and also certainly opportunity to get more improvements by considering a kit, carb and pipe combo which match peak RPMs. But also, it's a pretty tried-and-true setup, leaning on years of experience from others, I think that setup should be totally excellent...

and OK, sure, a temp gauge helps identify problems you've missed before they get catastrophic. but also not necessary

That said, I'm confident you could figure it out, and certainly not trying to jump to the assumption that you have not.

could you run a DB test on your phone on idle? trying to get my Tomos quieter and wondering about this pipe

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A techno estroil sidebleed makes it sound stock quietest pipe I've had. Btw if the sidebleed breaks off and you run a equal to header pipe length and diameter stackpipe bottomed but not braised just the outside it will sound like firecrackers and add 10mph.

esotrils are sold out everywhere.. bumma

Maybe the MLM sidebleed is in stock? Same thing really.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account