Puch Maxi Jetting

I have a Puch Maxi Luxe.

It is a stock 50cc kit, and I am going to get a tecno boss pipe, and a 15mm Bing clone carburetor. I don't know what jets to get. Can someone please help me?

Re: Puch Maxi Jetting

roots to wings /

There is a search bar at the top of this page. And the number yiu are looking for is 78

If you do in fact get a 15mm clone you MUST get a 2.17 atomizer along with that #78 jet. Then you will be good

Just a word of unsolicited advice — don’t get a clone. They’re notoriously hard to tune, and if you have to ask what jet you’ll need then it’s not gonna be the fun kind of hard.

roots to wings /

Yes eliminate a variable in your tuning and ditch the clone plan.

Ok thanks,

What other carburetor would you suggest getting that is 15mm?

> Potenza Designs Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok thanks,

>

> What other carburetor would you suggest getting that is 15mm?

The non-clone, ie an original/authentic/genuine Bing. Sadly, Treats is out right now but Moped Division seems to still have ‘em. They come with an 82 jet, but the Tuning Spreadsheet suggests mid to high 60s.

To maximize it, you’ll want a 15mm intake and an air filter less restrictive than the stock air box.

Ok, thanks.

So, a 68 jet with the 2.17 atomizer would be okay?

Every bike is different. I’d prob go with a range of even sizes from like 64 to 72 and use the atomizer that comes in the carb.

If he gets a clone 15mm carb it will come with the wrong size atomizer but if he gets a genuine 15mm Bing carb then yes he can use the atomizer that comes with it because a genuine Bing comes included with the correct atomizer whereas the clones do not. Using any other atomizer than a 2.17 in a 15mm carb will cause idle problems

roots to wings /

A stock e50 running a bing 15 is a 78 jet with a pipe and hi flow airfikter so I imagine that’s where you’d be with a 50cc kit. I think a 14mm bing with 72 jet might run better on a mild setup like yours

I’m running a 79 jet in a 15 with a 62cc kit, velocity stack with no foam, and a Cranks pipe, so I’m not sure a 78 is really best for his setup — especially where others are reporting 66 to 68 — but every bike is different.

If he’s looking at big carbs and performance pipes, you know he’s gonna end up kitting it in a few months, so why shell out for a 14 now when he’ll want that extra millimeter in July?

roots to wings /

my thinking was a used 14 might be more available and where he is more or less stock, the 15 may not run as well as the 14 as they seem a little more finicky to tune at least on a stocker. really no need to run a 15 on a stock bike, but good to always on the lookout to score a 15. maybe his pipe and airfilter are too restricted to handle the 78, but I can't see a 15 running a 60s jet unless its severely restricted on the filter, intake and exhaust he's using. those crank pipes are that good, huh? wow. is your head milled?

I can only go from my experience, but I ran a 15 on a stock cyl with aftermarket pipe/filter for a couple of years and I absolutely noticed a power increase. Unfortunately I have no idea what jet I was using; your memory is fresher and it could very well be 70+, but I’d be really surprised if it’s just one size down from where I am now.

As to 14 vs. 15, I prob would have gone with a 14 if I’d found one, but it was a lot easier to get a 15 from Treats — then, as now, there were none on eBay and more WTBs than WTSs for them here. The 14 would have been cheaper, but I’m sure I would have upgraded again when I eventually kitted it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account