Best deal ever on a moped!

RZ Namllow /

C'mon folks. Who's the winner. Who bought the best moped for the least amount of money?

Winner has to pay $250 to his local favorite charity.

Re: Best deal ever on a moped!

RZ Namllow /
rzw OP

Bring it on🍿

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

$100 for a white cobra.

$250 for my Puch LTD #009

9D248F81-2D34-46DE-A21C-E81A094C27D4.jpeg

(edited)

RZ Namllow /
rzw OP

Wow, Sir Clip, that is an amazing deal 👌

Best deal personally was a running, driving, titled Gadabout for $175 bucks. I was very stoked on that deal.

IMG_20181103_135104.jpg

$150 for a about 3 incomplete tomos mopeds and a shit load of parts that got them running. I still think something was really sketchy about that sale.

$50 A55 tomos revival. complete. ran after i cleaned the carb and put a new plug in. sold it for $800 (edited)

$260 for the Garelli Monza GT, $250 for the Cobra, $340 for the Batavus Gran Prix

82E55A10-8E6C-4148-9F62-4F61BC371350.jpeg
AE3A0E81-E018-45E1-BB17-D0E0C006F1D4.jpeg
92F8CD25-2F29-402E-98EE-AD44548A1E6B.jpeg

Jesse Nordlander /

Price to rarity - maxi n $250 last winter. 800 miles, dealer installed puffy seat, speedo, mags, 1.5hp.

87 jawa 250 original $200

Many more examples, glad I'm not the winner. Guy w the ltd owes a round I believe.

IMG_20210326_164405383.jpg

Probably Fred /

I probably had over 200 mopeds, small motorbikes etc. I got many for free or near free. I don’t have pictures for most but here is a few I do have pictures of.

My Magnum XK was found in a construction dumpster, It didn’t have a Za50 gila set up and signals on it but I got the stock e50 running with just piston rings and a set of points, I still got the e50 cases.

14F85078-C5F2-4111-A4CF-7667C3360B07.jpeg

This Burgundy maxiluxe, garbage picked off a tree lawn. One of several of that color I had/still have, it was complete but it had a seized topend and bad rear wheel, of course I Kitted it, pipe, bigger carb, gears etc.

346CCEA2-63A3-4309-AD91-E2095DC033F3.jpeg

A running 04 a35 powered Tomos revival that had came with Title, keys, manual and tool kit, I got for $100, It was kit like fast with just a performance pipe, sprocket, reeds and filter.

A882ABBB-16DF-4BDC-8995-537DDC5BAC19.jpeg

I really liked that bike but I had to sell it to buy my current 06 revival .

Terbo Speghetti /

Mopeds are free of you know where to look

What was steve browns score, he got a derbi laguna and a c5 diablo in pristine shape - (like <100miles kept indoors pristine).I'm pretty sure it was $300 for both.

AND 3 motors.

That's gotta be the win. nothing else will ever compare. 2 of the top most deired and rare bikes in perfect shape together for practically free and 3 of the highest demand moped motors for spares? Steve brown wins.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3615941

that said he donated the last several YEARS to charity so I dont think there's any shortage on the karma balance, nobody coulda deserved that score more.

also i cannot stress how completely showroom flawless those bikes were. there's never been a score more deserving of being called "minty"

roots to wings /

Sell me one of those burgundy or black maxi luxes. C'mon.

campeona del mundo /

steve paid real money for those bikes. regardless, it was a very good deal.

i got a honda wallaroo for 200 bucks off craigslist. probably my best deal?

JCPenny Swinger 2 complete with chain guards for $125. Piston was frozen, but I had it running in several hours. Of course, engine rebuild, kit, clean and seal tank, tire party was another few hundred.

In the running is a 79 Moby 50v I just picked up several weeks ago for $200. Complete with factory windshield. 159 miles on odometer with broken cable, last plated in 89.

Eric Davenport /

Traded a free Chinese scooter for my 85 maxi sport Ls 2 speed

♣Slew Foot♣ /

71 puch N but was factory order 258 prefix had mt. Gearing like an alpine climber

Prefix 250.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Was 100

Free when HE saw how much age ravaged it.

400 dollars mostly court fees for titling w/o paperwork.

Derbi variant sport 32$

Pedal shaft cut flush on both side and missing kill switch. Cleaned the carb and bumped it. It’s awesome. Just have to find somewhere to put my feet. Been thinking about stretching then just putting them behind my head

43CB3B7A-6333-4044-9BF2-B359CFB17E57.jpeg

-$100 for a magnum mkii and moby vlx. Guy heard I fucked with mopeds, and paid me to get them out of his basement.boom

^ Awesome!

I paid 75$ for a Tomos Revival with 7 miles on the bike, looked almost immaculate. Took the good parts off the bike and parted the rest for what I paid. Whoops

Bought this for somewhere between $250-300, in 1998, ran but no idle...needed a crank seal and carb clean. Titled. Been riding it ever since, has started every spring since, I remember giggling putting the '00 sticker on the plate, thinking wow, a '77 bike still running in 2000....smiled while I put my '22 sticker on it this year. Has needed nothing but new tires about 3 yrs ago, can't remember, and I replaced the rear rim at the same time as it had a slight bend in it that had always bugged me more than it seemed to bother the bike. I think it still has the og spark plug in it, it is scaly, and I'm nervous to try and take it out, and it runs, so I leave it be, "if it ain't broke"... Could prob stand to have the exhaust port cleaned and the exhaust de-coked, but she still goes, will prob take her downstairs tomorrow as it is to be 80! :) It's not an exotic unicorn, but a bone stock runner that still drags my 210 self to 30 and holds 20 up hills, Honda, FTW. As long as I can ride on 2 wheels I will keep her. I think I did well on this purchase.

019.jpg
020.jpg

50.00 for a Cosmo Colt II with MO2 engine. Needed a carb cleaning and a chain.

^be gone with yourself you right wing d-bag, just go the fuck away.

I think the $100 Lazer top tank and the free bonus 67 Yamaha trailmaster 100 was the best deal I got. Still gotta restore the yamaha, but selling the parts off the Lazer made me about $400.

And the $75 carabela I sold for $700 was a good find.

Or the $250 cuyuna scorpion was a good deal.

Almost forgot about the $150 Puch maxi II. Made almost 10x more off that.

I'd say my $280 Ducati Piuma 48 was a great score, but I've got about a grand into that now. If the small bike trend keeps going up, that might turn into a huge profit.

Sounds like I'm into it for the money, which is partially true, but all the bikes I bought were because I liked them, and liked rebuilding them.

Except for the Puch. That was purely to flip. I was embarrassed riding such a common bike to the liquor store...

People pay me to haul away their junk.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account