Got back into mopeds

Kristian Skou /

With moped prices going through the roof in Denmark (think 1500 to 5000usd and more), and family, work and restoring old motorcycles taking their time. I thought my mopeding days were over. Until I was offered 2 disassembled original paint mopeds (a Grand and a NSU quickly) both from 1956 by a friend for 200 dollars so now with one mechanical restored and completed. I got to think about the moped army where I spend a greater part of my online time in my youth: the moped army!

20210412_160357.jpg
20210412_160401.jpg

Re: Got back into mopeds

Skol!

Very nice score! Especially considering Danish moped prices, our maxi's are shipped by the dozens to Denmark.

Kristian Skou /
skou OP

Yep Bas and you cannot legally drive them here but yeah plenty of the Dutch imports here

Do you have more info on that Grand? I've never seen one before.

Kristian Skou /
skou OP

It is a 1956 grand minor It was made by cycle factory grand which also made frames for the SCO moped factory which supplies the engine. The engine is a 38cc(34mm bore) single speed dryclutch unit based loosely on the zundapp km 48 this engine was made with small changes from 1955 to 1980. (Mine is within the first 15000 units made and therefore a bit hard to get som spares for. In Denmark there were more than 20 factories making more than 50 different brands and a total of up to 2million mopeds made from 1948 to 1984 where the last real Danish moped was made. And grand was one of the big supplier of frames and accessories

It is original paint except from the tank, engine overhauled, new replacement rubber part

If you have other questions just ask

wow

What a deal! Welcome back!

Kristian Skou /
skou OP

Yep can't wait to get started on the NSU which is same slightly rusty but good original condition and from the same year... Only slight issue is that the bucket containing all the original screws got lost before I bought the moped but NSU you can buy almost everything for but it's pricey

Wow is that a neat thing!

Is that a double row drive chain? Very cool bike!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account