Need help to ID this Tomos

Can someone tell me what year/model this Tomos is and can you tell me a little about this particular model???

30997.jpeg

Re: Need help to ID this Tomos

appears to be 95

We can if you post a picture of the whole bike. If it's a stepthru frame it's a sprint probably, I think the bullet name was gone by then. If it's a toptank like a motorcycle it's a targa, or ttlx. Post a pic, the vin will get you a year but it isn't like a vintage car, doesn't tell you everything

The blue bike is another I'd like some info on. I don't have the bikes in front of me. If you could tell me a little about the blue bike also would be great. I don't have a frame picture on that one yet

30912.jpeg
30910.jpeg
30909.jpeg

Here's another pic

image0 (5).jpeg

Tomos is a sprint. The other bike is a trac clipper! It's missing the leg shields and some plastic. It has a daielim engine, which is a Korean made psudo-copy of a tomos funnily enough. No parts are interchangeable or compatible, but daielim basically scaled down the tomos transmission by 3% and changed the cylinder angle. Very similar inside, but still totally different.

The tomos has every part available, you could build it up to a higher displacement and make it quite fast. It very common and a good reliable stock bike if you keep it that way.

The trac in the other hand us a somewhat rare, hard to find parts for bike that can be reliable. But no performance options unless you make it all yourself. Not worth as much as the tomos. Which where I live would be around $400. So 600 for both or so. Ok deal if you are willing to put in the work and know how 2 strokes work

Both are 50cc automatic shift two speed mopeds with a top speed of around 30mph

If you had to choose one, get the tomos and you can keep it running forever. The trac is a bike I wouldn't look for, but if I could get an on deal I'd buy it.

I'm assuming you don't own them....if you do. Great! Get the tomos titled and running and tinker with the trac. The missing trac plastic parts show up from time to time in the buy sell forum here. I wouldn't mind owning one (edited)

Actually, it looks like that might be a ttlx missing the top tank from the last picture. I'm pretty sure that bracket coming up from the in-frame tank was a support for the targa tank. Don't see an in frame gas cap either

Thanks so much for the info. Having said that what value would you put on the Tomos then?

Aaron I sent you a personal email . Maybe you can zoom in better to give a better idea

Yeah pretty sure that's a ttlx missing the tank. Someone else will comment, I'm not certain. Never owned a ttlx but plenty of sprints...none had that bracket.

That being said, tomos bikes kickstart by kicking the pedal backwards. If it kicks backwards freely it's not seized and I would take a chance. Could become quite the project, as you never know how messed up it could be. But they are simple.

I wouldn't do over $300. As it'll probably take $50-100 to get a tank.

All I have said are only MY opinions.others will disagree.

309111.jpeg

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this where the gas tank should/would be on this Tomos ???

> john z Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this where the gas tank should/would

> be on this Tomos ???

Yeah and there's a bracket on the back for the tank to screw into as well. You will need to buy a gas tank or make one or something for that bike. The other one is a Trac Clipper with a Laura M56 motor. I wouldn't pay more than $100-150 each.

Thanks for the help. Do you agree with other forum member it may be a ttlx model ???/

> john z Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the help. Do you agree with other forum member it may be a

> ttlx model ???/

It is 10000% a top tank and so yeah, it's a Targa LX, or just an LX, or a TTLX, they changed the name a bunch and model names don't really matter all that much in mopeds. It's a top tank Tomos with an A35 motor, that's all you really need to know

thanks much

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If it has a gold idm flywheel it was the weird stator that was recalled replace with new flywheel stator the Cdi box is a keeper it has a ramp not a curve.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account