E50 engine case screws

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Does anyone sell a complete set of replacement engine case screws/bolts for an E50? I want to change the original shitty slotted screws to allen head screws/bolts. Couldn’t find it on treats. Thanks!

Re: E50 engine case screws

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thank you!!!

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you!!!

You got it boss

Mark Younggren /

A company on eBay sells the whole engine set: intake, engine, exhaust, and magneto cover in Allen bolts.

I don't really like stainless screws in aluminum cases, but your results may vary. I usually just get them from the local hardware store in black oxide.

This^^^^^

But check out the sizes listed in that treats link for the ones you need. Ace hardware is one of the places where I consistently find those black bolts in the right metric size and lengths needed.

Black allen heads from ace are the truth.

A quick Google shows that stainless fasteners in aluminum is ok, but not the other way around

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I ordered the ones from treats. With the price of gas nowadays, by the time I drive to the nearest ACE, I could have just bought them from treats and supported a respected niche business.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account