TJT or Polini Variator

David Fowler /

Trying to decide between the TJT and the Polini Variator for my Hobbit. Anyone have any insight between the two? currently running Malossi 70 kit, PHBG 19, carbon reeds, and stock variator with some minor tuning.

Re: TJT or Polini Variator

Jesse Nordlander /

Crickets... I guess no one knows, I was wondering same thing.

There's a thread on the Polini variator in the performance section I think. Treats only very recently started selling the Polini so not many people have experience running them. TJT rocks though so...

David Fowler /

Thanks pancake. I tried searching but no luck. Much appreciated.

I've ran them all and anything is better than stock and gives you more weights to fail in. The TJT is fine, some people complain that it's to big. The stock ramp plate has a crazy ramp which can feel like a 2 speed at times and you have to use more weight. . The TJT with the Treatland ramps plate is pretty smooth with a less aggressive curve so you'll have to run lighter weights with the rumpus plate.

The polini is pretty sick and doesn't have all the play you get from the tjt ramp plate. The size is better a match to the stock rear pulley as well. Same amount of weights and tunes the same.

Top undercover tech is pretty solid too so buy whatever and play with it or buy them all like I did and take a trip to tune heaven.

ScreenShot2021-05-04at11.16.45PM.png

David Fowler /

Cheers jason, thanks!

Terbo Speghetti /

I love my polini.

I've been running it for two seasons and it's much smoother than the TJT.

If you've got the new racing bell from treats, you might want the TJT tho, it has more (possible) range.

There's too many variables to know which is best for your setup, but I know the polini fits under the stock sidecovers if that matters to you

Idk I’m not getting full variation with my new bell from treats...yet. Mainly caus lack of time to mess with it. I think I need to play with the weights and rear spring more. But is definitely awesome and gets in the powers quicker.

Polini and new bell installed. I haven’t had much time to test but seems like heavier weights are needed. Variating much much later

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account