A real china Moped???

Rosario Miller /

it's an SSR Lazer here is a link and some specs. it looks kinda funky but in a a good way.http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/moped/lazer6.php

SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE

Engine Type Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke, Air Cooled

Displacement 49.4 cc

Bore x Stroke 39 mm x 41.4 mm

Compression Ratio 9.0 : 1

Rated Output 2.8 hp @ 7,500 rpm

Fuel Supply Carburetor, 16 mm

Ignition CDI

Starter Electric / Kick

Transmission Automatic

CHASSIS

Front Suspension Hydraulic / Spring

Rear Suspension Pre-load Adjustable Spring

Front Brake Disc

Rear Brake Drum

Front Wheel / Tire Steel / 3.50 - 16

Rear Wheel / Tire Steel / 110/90 - 16

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 52 inches

Seat Height 31 inches

Ground Clearance 8 inches

Fuel Tank 1.85 gallons

Weight 205 pounds

Weight Capacity 165 pounds

L x W x H 76.8 x 31.9 x 42.9 inches

OTHER

r-S.png

Re: A real china Moped???

Rick Bergsma /

Chinese junk

The SSR Honda clone motors aren't actually that bad in my experience. They're a hell of a lot better than a Tao Tao but fall short of Honda a good deal.

Rosario Miller /

don't knock it yet. SSR might be the best Chinese manufacturer they actually make some really good bikes for the price. I haven't seen one in the wild since it just came out but I'm sure it will stand up better than other off-brand china scooters.

This peaces my jerry

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

LAZER 6 been out since 2021 since arrived lazer sport6 in usa (lazer5 discontinued 2017) now lazer 6 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

1) I can't believe it's a rigid with a sprung seat. wild

2) looks like some interesting wheels for sure, and probably pretty decent fork upgrade option - 16x3.5's = beef

#3) probably biggest deal - THIS IS NOT THE INTEGRATED PEDAL MOTOR. theyre separate and it uses looks like a generic 2 speed auto lifan.

like, that's kinda huge, you could slam in a whole fuckin anima 190, hit 80mph and still have pedals that work. not that I want that, and the shifting would be awkward maybe (tho it does have separate forward footpegs), but the lazer 5 you could not get away with that the same.

Not gonna lie, that looks neat

Where is Jim Rees when you need him?

I see you Andy.

Rosario Miller /

Does a 2-speed automatic mean it will be like a Tomos? or does it just have an auto clutch?

Overpriced Parts /

Cool lookin but Pot metal is Heavy @ 205 lb and only 165 lb capacity so why bother?

Rosario Miller /

At least it will give you a reason to get in shape. That does seem super low considering the average American is a happy meal shy of 200 pounds.

been out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out therebeen out since 12/05/09 when our 2009 arrived lazer sport 5 in usa now 2010 upgraded in looks only (same) ped looks only so if you see an 09 model it will have blacked out wheels from us in california 2010 has polished lip on alloy wheels thats it but if check prices very low compared to any other new moped parts out there no one has new since mopeds been here since 70s all are old stock lazer mopeds are newest pedal moped in usa but i promise they are here to stay jerry

Overpriced Parts /

> Rosario Miller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> At least it will give you a reason to get in shape. That does seem super

> low considering the average American is a happy meal shy of 200 pounds.

Yep but in my Building trade though One needs to be about 200 LB because everything is heavy and you need enough ass to pull, push or carry stuff that could Weigh several hundred km!

Keyboard warriors knows zero about building Or anything that requires strength and ass

It's a copy of the Honda Solo from nearly twenty years ago.

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> It's a copy of the Honda Solo from nearly twenty years ago.

Makes sense because most copyrights would have run out by then (edited)

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Rosario Miller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > At least it will give you a reason to get in shape. That does seem

> super

>

> > low considering the average American is a happy meal shy of 200

> pounds.

>

> Yep but in my Building trade though One needs to be about 200 LB because

> everything is heavy and you need enough ass to pull, push or carry stuff

> that could Weigh several hundred km!

>

> Keyboard warriors knows zero about building Or anything that requires

> strength and ass

Thanks for the good laugh Kenny.

> Keyboard warriors knows zero about building Or anything that requires

> strength and ass

I know plenty about both, but i didnt come here to eat some strength

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've never ever moved something that weighs hundreds of kilometers. You're right

Kenny boy once claimed the US couldn't use the metric system because then things wouldn't fit in an elevator, now we know why.

it's like there's a buncha words and thoughts all jumbed up in that head and they come out in no particular order

Meds..... :/ :(

Overpriced Parts /

Kg went corrected to km oh well

So one wrong Letter gave everybody a laugh? I’m laughing now too, one misspelled letter scrambled everybody’s brain so they had no clue that I was talking about kilograms, Maybe If someone did understand they would've said “oh you meant kg”

“A gramme is better than a damn.”

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> Kg went corrected to km oh well

>

> So one wrong Letter gave everybody a laugh? I’m laughing now too, one

> misspelled letter scrambled everybody’s brain so they had no clue that I

> was talking about kilograms, Maybe If someone did understand they

> would've said “oh you meant kg”

That’s problem, no one ever knows understands what you’re trying to say if it’s spelled correct or not

An old saying : " Take a man for what he means , not what he says ." ;)

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

There is a dealer not that far from me. I totally want to test drive one. :D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account