650 mile ride in 1 day

It's almost time for the 5th running of the LakeErieLoop, a 650 mile sprint around Lake Erie in one day. Read all about it in the attached file. I guarantee there's no spam, bugs, etc. in the attachment. This year I'll be riding a mostly stock '82 Honda MB5. All the money raised from the Loop goes towards programs for pediatric burn survivors. More info is available at www.lakeerieloop.com. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND JOIN US!!!

650 mile ride in 1 day

Great cause, but most obnoxious website ever

Re: 650 mile ride in 1 day

that sounds amazing. But... 650/24=27mph for 24 hours straight. Even at 35mph that's something like 18hours of riding. How would a moped do this ride?

endurance

lol that website is hysterical. Its like somoene from 1995 got out of prison and started doing web design again.

Looks like fun tho.

could do it maybe on a fast bike that was really solid, but would have to stop for gas ALOT.

Last year the record was set by a rider on a Honda CB175. He did it in 10:19. A few years ago someone did it on a Vino 50 in about 28 hours. I forget his exact time. If I average 35mph it'll take between 18-19 hours. My goal is to finish by midnight, we leave at 6AM so I'll have to do a bit better than 35mph.

hahaha HOLY SHIT MOUSE TRAILING FONT

that is old school and it smells like rain

hahaha!

650 mile ride in 1 day

hope you have a mega turnout, great scenery.

>>"could do it maybe on a fast bike that was really solid, but would have to stop for gas ALOT."

Yeah, I think you'd be better off on a stock bike. You probably would only have to gas up 6 or 7 times, plus it's probably less likely to break down.

Bryan from Myrons has a lot of experience with long distance rides. Not sure what his one day milage record is though.

I don't think I would even trust my o1 tomos on a 17 hour non stop trip. Forget about my old 70's/80's bikes. Your a better man than I.

Don-Ohio took part in this a few years ago. He didn't try and do the whole ride but did go about 300+ miles.

i just played with that mouse trail for 5 minutes.

Sorry, I don't have mad skills when it comes to building websites. I should stick to fixing bikes.

A true moped never has. You would be the first. The smallest bike to complete the Loop was a stock Yamaha Vino 50. It took him 24 hours the first year and 26 the second year. The Vino tops out at about 35 mph.

fish_SHARK /

it looks kinda cool man. but you wouldnt find me riding for that many miles

OMG, that's the second dis on my lame web design. I suck.

Dude thats actually not a Dis on your site. Its so old school i think its kinda excellent.

As an adverising tool, it worked perfectly, i checked every page!

This is really fun event and all around the campground there are some really beautiful, well paved, two lane, country roads. I think there's also going to be a scooter rally going on there at the same time and they're supposed to be organizing a shorter ride. So, even if you don't want to do the Loop you might want to come out and check it out.

The moped could do it, the real challenge is for the driver.

Riding at night is a challenge with oncoming cars blindingy bright .. I suppose dak shades would help at times.

If I lived out that way this would be an event I would have to attempt. I think I could build a really solid puch that went 50 mph maybe faster that could do it. I've got well over a thousand (given not in one day) on my puch setup now and just put 300 on it last weekend, without an issue.

wow a real racing challenge. A couple creatures where talking about a race cross country on peds. maybe organizing something shorter but like this event for peds would be cool tho. stock bikes defiantly have just as much a chance of winning as kitted.

I'm really excited about that ride even tho I can't attend, its sick!

yeah, tommy could f'n win the thing on that magnum.. haha.

it would be fun to do on a stock-mod MB5

The wind in your face coming and going

Watch the treads blur

I've done the Loop twice on a '74 Honda CB200. This year I'm riding a '72 Yamaha RD200 but I just picked up an '83 Honda PA50II that I may run in '09. There's a guy that's supposed to try it on a Whizzer this year and we have a few horizonal Hondas that are preregistered.

Yep, I'll be there! Just working on a few bugs but otherwise she feels so;id.

1210206960_whizzer_chopper007.jpg

Nobody beats the Wiz. That thing is beautiful.

Thanks John. I hope to ride with someone on a slower bike like a moped. I still don't know what I'm going to do about a support vehical if I break down. I'm receiving absolutely no support from my family on this project so far.

Bob,

Your best bet is to not bother trying to find some one that will follow you. It would too painful for them to have to drive a car at your pace and you really aren't going to want somebody sitting back there on your tail the whole ride.

Riding with some one else isn't going to help much because neither one of you will be able to haul the other back if you break down.

Best bet is to find some one that will commit to driving out to pick you up if you break down. Worse case would be you break down on the other side of the lake in the middle of Canada. It would only take about a 5-6 hour drive to come get you. You might have to camp at a hotel overnight and then a search party would get under way first thing Sunday morning pick you up around noon and you'd be home by dinner.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account