16mm BING

does a 16mm bing exist? im kitting my Sachs G3 and i want to keep a bing carb, all my friends have dellortos...but i wanna keep mine BING!

Re: 16mm BING

dude, get a 17

You do realize your friends are much smarter then you....

hell no they aren't!!! you are you own enthusiest and you do what you feel is best for you and your bike. i am sticking with bing on my maxi. i love them more then any dellorto that i have ever seen. i just bought a 17 last week. you should check out handy bikes they have some 17mm bings for like 99 bucks brand new. they also have the manifolds there i think. good luck man.

my friends are much smarter than me? are dellorto carbs that much better than bing? i assumed the aftermarket carbs were comparable...anyhow maybe i will go with the 17mm bing, is it very complex? i heard the 19mm dellorto had like 3 jets in it...im not looking forward to something that intense...

Just don't waste money on an Amal, that carb is weaksauce.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Just think of the 17mm bing as a big version of the old 12 or 14mm stanby. The design is the same overall, just bigger, and it has a widemouth air scoop like the dellorto SHA carbs.

Theres nothing wrong with the Amal carb other than the price and rarety of parts. I'm getting 2mph faster speeds with it over a Mikuni. On a stock cylinder no less.

Anyone ever try one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16MM-CARBURETOR-CARB-MOPED-ATV-MINI-POCKET-BIKE-CHOPPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ006QQitemZ160238908804QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Are there readily available jets for these? They look lame, but the price is right.

never have, but the 17mm bing is the exact same setup almost except for the air intake and the banjo bolt. it is bigger, and some parts are interchangable. i am finding out wich ones are as we speak.

there are a few diefferent 16mm bing carbs

im thinking maybe ill go to a 17mm bing anyone know anywhere that carries em?

Eh, bings are ok. They get the job done. Although some do have that annoying ass Bing Leak.

There isn't a huge increase in performance from 16 to 17. Be sure your intake manifold is matched along with your intake hole.

dellorto direct got brand new Dellorto 16.16. SHA for $65.

Easy to tune, jets are cheap and readily available.

handy bikes has 17mm bings for 99 right now and the manifold is 19.99. that is if you feel like spending 120 on a new carb. treats sometimes puts this thing called a prty pack on for sale. it has a delortto and manifold for 100 i think. i almost went that route, but i need my bingaling!!! yeah they do have different styles for the sizes. they make square and round i think. then the round one even has 2 diffrent styles on the 17mm. i just found that one out.

i may be able o work a trade for an 18mm bing with someone...what do you guys think of the 18mm bing...dude says it is off of a hercules which is a sachs model, is the 18mm overkill for a 70cc kit...and would i need to get a custom manifold? geez!!

well i fond out that there are 3 jets in the 18mm bing which is a little more complex than i am looking for..

We're still much smarter than you Brandon... get an f-ing phone or we will assassinate you.. and did you see the Manny play against the Indians!!!!! ahahahahha...

oh and ask about that exhaust problem.. or why you could be loosing compression (we should grab Joe's compression meter and see if that's actually the problem)..

doh! did you just jack my thread!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account