OT: Disco isn't dead

It isn't.

I keep hearing more and more of it these days.

Re: OT: Disco isn't dead

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I will have to dig out my Donna Summers tapes and my leisure suits. Jim

Well, polyester does last forever..

toe fur threadkiller /

disco's momma should have aborted that mistake of a musical child.

there's actually a huge resurgence among djs in underground disco and particularly italo disco

the history of disco is really interesting. how it started out as black, gay, underground (and very good), and ended up as white, homogenized, terrible mainstream yuppie music.

also the whole "disco sucks" term had a double meaning as it was meant to offend the gay community at large. the huge "disco demolition night" that spawned the disco sucks phrase had incredibly racist and homophobic undertones to it as well.

disco didn't die, though. it went back underground and was reborn as chicago house music.

and there's your geeky music lesson for the day. all that to say, don't hate on a genre until you really understand it.

Vimy Ridgeway /

There's this subgenre of dance rap that started in Baltimore and hooks into the disco thump and bass. In Toronto and Montreal, one of the better examples is Thunderheist.

david, are you talking about b-more (or baltimore club)?

god, i love some b-more.

Vimy Ridgeway /

B-more for shore.

Lance applewhite /

I went to some dance classes on a cruise.Top knotch teachers.I learned to lead and twirl.And why mom always said stand up straight.Left foot first gentleman.:)

Lance applewhite /

I like a disco beat and practicing with a partner is the fun part, but I like listening to cajun music and ROCK AND ROLL!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

zydeco is making a comeback!

I love disco/techno/trance :D

Chicks make fun of the disco part but deep down they love it :D

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account