What do you guys think of this look?

I want to make my grande look more sporty, and I was youtubing some moped vids and came across this guy showing off his piaggios. His grande looks a bit funny to me but it is sort of the style that I was getting at. I want to remove the rear fender, and put on a magnum like seat/cowling with the brake light and turn signals in the cowling. I don't want to do a top tank, but I was planning on putting cafe bars on it too, and keeping the stock front fender without the mudflap. What do you guys think?

Re: What do you guys think of this look?

that looks like the shitt for that type of bike id ride it and like the style

Thats the coolest grande ive ever seen.

whats the name of that video

Frankly, I think it looks dumb. I don't get how just because it has some performance parts on it that people think it looks cool.

Looks like a faggy jamboree of colors to me.

Gotta say.....Not so much. Looks kinda dumb. I guess I am kind of a vintage kinda guy.

I agree with you ogt92. Thing with me though, I'm taking mine to university, so I don't want to restore it completely, and I'll need it there too so I can't keep it until I finish uni. I agree that this one looks dumb and like Zack described it. I just used it as a bad example I guess lol. What about my description though?

thats the vid.

I think that is the dopest Grande that I've ever seen...

i like it but the polini seat is no longer available, and I think you could find a cooler one anyways. I really want to build a grande stripped down kinda like this, different more cafe style seat. I hate the way grandes look stock. Also I think the look could be improved w/o all the crazy colors moving the upper mounts for the shocks more forward to give it a more aggressive stance, and building a custom birdcage style sub frame.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Looks awesome, but I'd lose the snowflakes fo' sho'.

I will be putting cafe bars on my Grande in the next few days...Ill take a picture. If I hate them they are coming of an going on the Benelli.

put a head light on it, it will look better.

it would be sweet if the handle grips and like maybe tires were like bright green or something.

if it's what YOU like, it's your bike.

_different spokes for different folks_ as I always say.

on a side note...

how do you do a frame capture from a vid like that?

Well, it depends on what yours looks like now. I think the "Strip it and throw Cafe bars on it" has been over done. A nice looking stock would probably look great with those bars though. I never cared for those polini seats either. If your bike is missing it's covers and looks it's age you might go the custom route but covers and a re upholstered seat might not cost any more.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account