$50 Kamasura...

oh god.

should i even bother? it apparently turns over.

i cant believe how many of these have been coming out of the woodwork around here, unless the same one has made the rounds on craigslist three times already this year.

Re: $50 Kamasura...

I don't know, they look cool but how good can a Chinese copy of a Sachs be?

horrible, but thats kind of the appeal.

doesnt somebody on here actually have a running one? i'd love to see that in action...

wiffle has one.

Id buy that shit for 50 bucks but no more.............

I think they are kinda neat.

I'll give $60 bux right now!

I would just be afraid of having to put money in that rather than other more deserving bikes.

youve got a point...$50 could buy a lot of oil, gas, and spark plugs alone

For 50.00 I would buy it.

It has like 48 gas tanks.

OK possibly more than one.

I'd like to see one for real.

im pretty sure they have two, one where it looks like it is, then a bonus one under da seat

i dont know, im gonna go look at it tomorrow. the guy also has a titled newport thats pretty jacked up, but he wants $350...yikes

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

i'm torn.

on the one hand, shitty copy of a sachs

on the other hand, i've heard these do 30-35 stock

i would get it if i thought i could get it back on the road with the usual tricks, but if its seized, or missing stuff, or feels like its gonna fall apart, i would pass, but only after a really long run on sentance.

See around here it would be safe to buy, i guess, since you could always resell it for prolly over 150-200 but i dont know what your market is like if that is only going for 50.

im pretty sure this thing has traded hands a few times, for no more than $100 at a time. some guy recently was trying to sell the thing for $100 for a few weeks, always reposting, i think he just got sick of even trying.

i even emailed him and told him everything i know about kamasuras, but he kept listing it as "unknown moped" after that, so fuck it.

although he used "puch? honda?" in the description which is why i kept checking it out. haha

either way, im pretty sure it turns over, and if its the same one, its pretty complete too. if i got it i'd strip it down and just use it in the woods...if its even possible to make a non-running kamasura run.

my question is: would a 505 bolt right up to the frame? its a pretty decent LOOKING bike, kinda....why hasnt anybody done that yet?

i dont know some of the engines that were already shitty like sachs were copied by the chinese and made better

so it cant be any worse than a sachs already is

To me it looks too cool to goof around in the woods with. Really, if it turns over and maybe sort of works, how bad could it be? It would be nice to see one with an engine swap.

I've never seen one in person and don't know a lot about them. I'd get it because it's out of the ordinary.

theyre pretty bad. i rode on that used to belong to jeff from sHs. when you pedal-started it, the torque your legs put on the engine made the engine twist at least and inch in either direction.

I want a kamasutra moped ... ha ha ha ...

Mopedjay, that is a very cleaver suggestion. It would be worth a shot to see if the Chinese outdid Sachs in their own engine design.

its posible...

am I the only one that thinks the seat is a direct copy of the FA50?

You couldn't pay me $50 to take one...

well the chinese sure as hell make a better homelite chainsaw than homelite did themselves

some chinese companies beef up other companies designs look at the GY6 scooter engine that was a copy of the old honda elite 125 engine which was total crap but the chinese take one and copy it and make it awesome them engines are die hards almost impossible to kill

id buy that kamasura for $50 any day but if i see a motobecane for $50 i stay away from it i always stay from anything french but i actually like chinese bikes

Haha! he used a pic of my bike in the add! 35mph stock though

Well, my opinion on Kamasura is that it's not that much worse than other mopeds. The frame is kinda cool, the plastic parts are terrible. The wiring is more complicated than most, but does not take long to figure out. I ripped the turn signals off of mine and was then able to eliminate the battery system. You can not put Sachs stator parts on this bike. Most everythign ales appears to be the same. If my engine ever gives up, I'm throwing a ported 505 on it and carrying on.

Nick Edgerton /

I have one and love it!

IMG_20191008_180914699.jpg

Nick Edgerton /

I own one. Great bike

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

You’ll be more comfortable if you install a seat. Wouldn’t hurt to put a gas cap on the tank either.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

That's a lot better than the one that look like an AMF but hey 450 bucks man that's good all day

But right section town Heap big lady? make you Kamasutra $50 good time fortune cookie with happy ending jahwn...

Show me a picture of the clutch! super curious. Maybe they solved that Achilles heel.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account