Gloria Intramotor Owners Unite!

I feel so left out. I got my first moped during the winter season and now that spring is here I have started giving it some love. It is a 1978 Gloria Intramotor Verona.

As I was looking online for information I found Moped Army. I was so happy! But now that I have been looking around I see that these peds are in the minority.

So if you have one of these beauties chime in here!

Re: Gloria Intramotor Owners Unite!

Garodney Gentzel Motor City Riots /

How about a pic!!!

Here it is. I have no idea what I am doing yet, but I hope to do stuff to it to make it faster and cooler! LOL

It has a Dellorato SHA-9. I think that means it is a 9mm bore. When it is not running some gas leaks out through the choke/air filter. I think that the float might be messed up.

I'm thinking of replacing with a new/bigger carb in hopes of better/faster, but as of yet I have no ideal how to go about it or if that is the first thing I should do to get the most improvement for the $$$.

I will be fun to learn and tinker. I'm already on the prowl for another one!

1270784916_ped.jpg

Morini Franco's are strong engines.. there are plenty of cylinder kit parts available at 77, or at least there were.

There's a variety of people out there on the forums that know about Morini's so don't give up hope..

I know somebody in Memphis who loves his Blanco. It's a beautiful bike too. If you look at the videos from the Dead Peds rally you might spot it.

that really does look cool. it feels the most like what i used to think a moped was kinda of a mixture between toy and motorcycle. it would be pretty amazing to make that thing go fast.

Yes, fast would be good. Right now I can get going about 22 or 23 mph out of it.

That is an Intramotor Gloria Scout - not a Verona. It was made in Verona Italy and they're all under 25 mph bikes. Mine 1977 Intramotor Gloria is green and even though it doesn't go fast it's one of the coolest looking peds I have and fun to drive. These are lots of modifications you can do to a Morini and it seems there are more parts available now then there were just a few months ago.

1270823283_intramotor_gloria_scout.jpg

How can you tell if it a Scout or a Verona? On my tank decal it says "Verona" but now I wonder if they all say that. Then it also seems there is a motor called "Verona." Now I'm getting a little identity crisis!

i have a scout as well. but not as nice as simonsez. the first thing i did was bore out the intake. that thing is tiny! getting 35mph out of it now.

Here's my 74

1270830482_img00121201004052130.jpg

I'm no longer part of the Gloria club. Sold mine today. Now I have to get to work on my Bianchi!

Robert Ciesielski /

Just bought a 77 gloria blanco and am having trouble finding part need a exhaust intake and bigger carb but can't seem to find any parts please help ive looked everywhere!!!

Blanco has a Minarelli V1 used on literally hundreds of makes. Any V1 stuff from Treats Dos and all the others will fit just fine

IGMinikid3.jpg

As long as he has dredged up a 10 year old thread... let us not forget the smallest of the Gloria line, the Intramotor Minikid

Most advice I read was these bikes are much harder for the novice to restore vs the puchs and hobbits of the moped universe. But it looks like you have a pretty compete one so enjoy. the reality really is that 25 in many situations is just fine. Sure you ain't gonna keep up with heavily modded mopeds that kick into the 50s but even 30 on a moped is fast if you start actually thinking about the technology you are embracing. Slow ain't bad. Slow is often more fun because you stop worrying about the consequences of mechanical failure.

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Blanco has a Minarelli V1 used on literally hundreds of makes. Any V1

> stuff from Treats Dos and all the others will fit just fine

Except some fans and housings are different sizes(magnetos too). Know before you order.

Size of some of those rear sprockets is too big(climbs hills, but no top end). Most Morinis don't need large rear sprockets like Minarellis.

@triped Dave. There were some Blancos that had a Morini motor. Someone posted one on MA a little while ago but it seems like most were V1s

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account