rev-limiter on yamaha zuma

Rayn Kozikowski /

where is the rev-limiter on a 03' yamaha zuma. i herd there was one on the back of the cdi box and you clip the green wire it will take the rev-limiter off. then i know you can put something on the belt drive that gives u more torque and top speed. is there anything else i should know?????* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: rev-limiter on yamaha zuma

dude Im sorry but your all wrong. I own a really fast zuma and know whats up. there is no rev limiter in your ignition. A reputable parts dealer will verify this. there are three limiters.your exhaust pipe, it is rectricted.your carb, it work just fine but the diameter is also a limiter. and the variator is the BIG-ONE.IT IS IN YOUR TRANZ. look it up at alvertano.com there like 50$ you can top it out all the way but if you dont upgrade it you wont get over 55mph. I hope that helps ! if you need more info just ask.

Do zuma's have the washer on the variator to keep if from opening all the way? I am guessing if you pulled off your exhaust you would find a washer welded in there.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

This is a moped site. You might get more info if you go to a scooter site.

Hay bud, there is a washer in the variator i dont know how much it improves the top end, if it did it was verry slight,because it is verry thin. it dosnt help the git up to remove it . and the only thing on the exhaust is a exhaust gasket, it resembles a washer but it will only hurt thr bike to remove it.

Dude I dont know ware your from, But in america the Zuma is considered a moped, no offence .there all verry similar mechanicly and this sight has helped to futher my understanding.

Actualy the zuma is a speed limited scooter which fits under moped laws and regulations in some states. No pedals, Large leg shield, single unit motor/drive system, enclosed motor, single swingarm and tiny wheels, Upright "toilet" seating position = scooter.

Grey

Um no it isn't. A zuma is a scooter.

Some states may classify it as a "moped," but it doesn't fit the definition at all.

Anyway, if your scooter is anything like a moped, there probably isn't a "rev limiter" that you can just pull off or drill out. Speed will be restricted by port size/location, carb, jetting, air filter, exhaust, intake manifold, displacement, gearing, et cetera. You can upgrade bits and pieces to gain performance.

You might have more luck on a scooter oriented site though.

Actualy some scooters do have rev limiters built into the cdi, you can replace them with an adjustable rev limiter.

Grey

I have several hopped up zumas and there is no rev limiter. You can get performance CDI modules that will allow the timing curve to retard at higher rpm's however.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

i think we all need realize that scooters are lame and mopeds own

people who drive scooters and people who ride mopeds will always be at odds with each other. it all comes down to rideability you sit on a scooter you can ride a moped

You talking about the yamaha zuma yw50fx?

1602648560755422654316528028432.jpg

Possibly, but the response was 15 years ago!

Mopedwarehouse, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Scooterarmy sucks

Wild to see this 15 years late - did off topic exist in 2005?

Anyway I know exactly what the OP is talking about and he's not far off. The Eton Beemer which is probably the most common Zuma clone, as well as the Adley scooters had a 5 pin box with a green loop wire that could be cut to derestrict the scooter. Unlike the zuma, that was pretty much the only restriction, so cutting that made them go like 40-45. They were also restricted on a washer in the CDI.

This is NOT true of the Zuma's but spot on for the early 00's clones.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Wild to see this 15 years late - did off topic exist in 2005?

It's been dug up and moved from Performance

washer on the CDI, ha type too fast. variator washer obviously what I meant

Fish tits Krauthamer /

Eton Beemer looks kind of good. I was tempted to get one a few weeks back. I got a half chubs for Chinese minarelli clones.

beemer was my first 2 wheel vehicle. which is the only reason I know all this. it was awesome, I offroaded it and drove it 40 mile commutes occasionally but usually just 7 mile roundtrips each day to a carpool's house. Rode 2 up everywhere. It was always great til somebody stole it, and I wound up getting into mopeds while hunting for a replacement. zero complaints about that thing.

Cutting the wire thing is real, on mine (Hyosung) Korean thing....it is the blue wire, it was cut when replacing the destroyed from attempted theft key switch, could have ordered a new one, but why, got the bike for $100.00 as "damaged" and I had a toggle switch in a drawer...there are a few other mods that make stealing it impossible unless you know the sequence...lol, LOVE junk! Anyway, the engine HOWLS now, even with stock pipe, and it's a 2 stroker, so no worries about floating valves, a Suzuki clone, could not be happier with the performance, def in the 40-45 range, prob faster if I was thinner, only downside, is that it guzzles fuel. I can live with that! :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account