Re: delete the OT forum

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ /

Shaun was reminiscing about the old days....

Say this repeatedly in a loud creaky cartoon voice while trying to read

and type. (my phonetic take)

Whuut! Segway to new pack-gammon...

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

that suit totally got me a hired in my simulated client meeting, so you can just shut right the hell up.

Edward Richardson /

The OT: burn it down and piss in the ashes.

Remember when Howard Stern went to satellite radio? He went from being perceived as an edgy badass that was butting heads with Clear Channel and the FCC, to just some pervy old dude that no one cared about. I imagine that is how Jaym will feel without having Leo, Queenie or the other idiots to argue with. Deleting OT will make you irrelevant Jaym. Leading you on a downward spiral of depression and worthlessness.

Hey everyone! come watch me argue about politics on the OT!

See what I mean? Its in your best interest to keep it around.

Personal attacks aside, I gotta say in Jay M's defense, there has been a lot of worthless crap posted on here lately. Pics of violence posted just for shock value, pics of turkies being stuffed in new ways, and I think what set him off was a post by TippyToes ranting AGAIN about the United States shooting the wrong villain. Worst of all, repeated posts from Canadians criticizing U.S. politics. That would only be fair if Canada had any politics of their own to criticize. HA! Does everybody have to take comments so personally?

I had a really long response to this, but it was kind of mean, so I decided against posting most of it.

The two things I will say are:

1) I'm glad we have the OT forum, because otherwise all this crap would be poisoning the genforum. I remember before we had the OT forum, and it was getting hard to sift through the crap to find the good stuff. Now there's a dedicated place for people to type out their mindfarts.

2) The OT forum COULD be a place for us to share funny stories, actually discuss politics, post cool motorcycles/cars, talk about other interests/hobbies we have, ask for advice about non-moped things, and generally learn/talk about whatever the hell we wanted. But instead it is ... what it is. Some of what I mentioned already goes on, but there's also a lot of "make 20 posts that all have the same words in the title" and "post 3 lines of my uninformed political opinions just to be a troll" and "lol-poop-butts-farts-omg!" and so forth. Seriously, go through the posts on the first page and mentally categorize them. About half are pointless, stupid, or unnecessary. If we could get rid of that half the posts, this wouldn't be such a bad place. I don't know how you'd get rid of that half without rules and increased moderation though, and I'm sure there'd be a big uproar from people not wanting their "free speech" (aka: their right to post stupid stuff) to be stifled.

Whatever though. As has been said, if you don't like it, don't click on it. Usually I don't come over here unless I'm realllllly bored, and even then, I try not to stick around for long. I'm still glad we've managed to contain the infection to this section of the website.

I suck at posting videos. But this is what OT needs more of!

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lulz ^^^

dude

i worked in 5 star hotels for 20 years.

i know how successful people dress.

they do not wear suits like that in public.

kick it up a notch

you must have been reallly bored since you posted that on friday night

at 2AM

Andres Edward Felix /

Poisoning, crap, mindfarts, uninformed, pointless, stupid, unnecessary, infection.

I feel your pain.(edited)

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

Leo,

Working around successful people doesn't make you successful. But I'll remember to ask you where the best place to get a steak in Sheboygan is and whether or not I can get a late checkout.

i already called top

you strike me as being a bottom.

(edited)

Jay M will never be irrelevant, and if YOU were more informed you would realize that photo looks nothing like him.(edited)

Who caaaaares? Wart on the public face of what the who? It's a forums website about mopeds. Stop taking shit so seriously.

yo kelly, im going to blow your mind and flip this shit around: between the two of us, only one person is taking this seriously (hint: its not me).

> Jay M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i thought it would be a good idea. instead it is the worst thing in the

> world.

it just keeps getting worse and worse as the median IQ of the current posted keeps getting lower and lower, both with new posters, and other mouth-breathers who have been on for years.

that said, the answer is not to delete it. the answer is for me not to pay attention, and not to engage with idiots.(edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

waah....waaah, snivel

Quote K-evil: ` and not to engage with idiots.'

Too late fer that, K-evil...………..you were TRAINED by idiots. LOL!

wow yeah its wild to look back on our complaints then at the 30 people with 4 or 5 people's shit stinking up the room. now there's just like 8 of us sitting in a room that's been filling with our own crap for 3/4 of a decade, unwilling to step out and take a dump outside, we just keep packing down layers of ever more feces. sexy

The sun has gone to bed and so shall I....gooodbyeeee

Seriously tho, I do get sad sometimes when I think about how active the site was back in the day... before Facebook..and all that jazz

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> I do get sad sometimes when I think about how active the site was back in the day...

It's interesting that you have this perspective. The website traffic data shows that there are way more people using the site today than ever before.

Josiah Radebaugh /

OT should be a link to Reddit

> Simon King Wrote:

> > Aaron Blair Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I do get sad sometimes when I think about how active the site was back

> in the day...

>

> It's interesting that you have this perspective. The website traffic

> data shows that there are way more people using the site today than ever

> before.

Really? I would have lost that bet...but you would know, and i'm glad I'm wrong. :)

Wow that's odd. I remember like 14 years ago when I was in high school this site was bustling...like 40-50 posts an hour. Tons of new threads everyday. Huh, maybe it's just nostalgia...coulda sworn tho.

Well, the traffic number I’m talking about is total viewers. I would need to do some analysis to determine number of posters. I might try to find some time to do that.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account