The China Scoot experience

Speaking in the other thread of china bikes masquerading as Italians, I've had this thing kicking around for a few years now.

TNG "Venice" CS50QT-9 ('Vino' anyone?)

[CL]1E41QMB Geely (Suzuki TB50 clone) - vertical one-speed, wet clutch, chain drive, oil injection. Can be swapped with horizontal minarelli or GY6 clone (later models came with horizontal minarelli).

Just couldn't let it rot in my friend's back yard with only like 35 miles on it (x-roomies gf won it in a raffle, laid it down, and didn't want anything more to do with it, and so it sat for five years). Got it in trade for helping him out, brought it home, cleaned the carb, and it promptly fired up wanting to live. Stared jumping the hoops to get it titled. Took a closer look and found out it's a weird-ass chain-drive one speed, bummer, it's like the worst of both worlds...but a challenge nonetheless. I mean, I can't sell it as is, right?.. Ditched some unnecessary crumbling rubber bits, the intake snorkle that was falling apart, and the air box, threw on a uni pod I had kicking around. De-restricted the exhaust, and flowed the reed block. Found that the "Mighty" carburetor will accept Dellorto SHA main jets I already had, score, no drilling! Jetted in it has decent take off, does a solid 30+, and actually goes up hills with me on it now (if they're not too steep), though could use some clutch tuning.

It's nice to have around for that extra person that always seems not to have a bike, and a great motivator to get one. Also not that easy to kill. The plastics break easy specially the mounting tabs, and the oil will seep through the pump and flood the case if you leave it sitting too long, so I put an in-line petcock on the oil line, and sometimes I forget to turn it on. You could beat on it (and you pretty much have to) even when it was so lean from the broken intake snorkle it would die if you gave it full throttle from a stop. I really need to get rid of it before I actually strip the plastics and weld on some random chamber etc not just joke about it...and forks, it really needs real forks, the trailing links design makes it suddenly bottom out when you apply the brakes before any actual slowing is done, which provides maximum excitement to first timers! (edited)

2001_TNG_Venice.jpg

Re: The China Scoot experience

Some info in case someone out there is looking, it's not that easy to find:

TNG Venice CS50QT-9

Engine: [CL]1E41QMB (Geely chain drive, Suzuki TB50 clone) - vertical one-speed, wet clutch, chain drive, oil injection.

Like:

D1E41QMB*/1DE41QMB; H1E41QMB and 1E41QMBs. Qingqi: QM50QT-B2/QMQT50-B2

[0-3 characters] - Manufacturer code

1 = Single Cylinder

(blank) - vertical cylinder (meaning is diminished and no longer always accurate)

E = 2-stroke

41 = 41mm bore

Q = Forced air cooled

M = Motorcycle engine

B = 50cc

Can be swapped with horizontal minarelli or GY6 clone as found in later models.

Plug: (NGK) BP7HS, BPR7HS projected tip sparkplug (designated by a "P" in the number).

Gap: 0.6mm-0.7mm (0.24”-0.28”).

Mighty carburetor, accepts dellorto SHA main jets.

Idle (Air) Mixture screw; clockwise/in-richer, counter-clockwise/out-leaner.

Trans fluid: ~350ml of HD-30 or 10W-30/10w-40 motor oil.

Put an in-line petcock valve on the oil line for easy starts.

Grind down the welding in exhaust flange.

Info and Parts:

http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/geelyscooters

https://whidbeyislandmoped.com

http://www.livefromhawaii.com/geelyscooters

http://www.scooterpartscatalog.com/50cc-d1e41qmb-2stroke-scooter-parts.html

http://www.scootusa.com/d1e41qmb_2_stroke_Repair_doc_listing.htm

http://www.scootusa.com/569.htm

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com

http://scooterbrokers.com (edited)

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Not a thing wrong with Chinese technology .. they'll probably be the first on Mars.

Wasn't saying there was. They have been developing some crazy shit, while some 'world leaders' rely on the Russians for rides to the ISS... but if You want cheap they'll make you cheap too :).

Andrew Squiggman /

tldr. short version please

don't worry, it's not that interesting

I know that most everyone here on MA hates China bikes, but so far, mine runs fantastic. Only problems: replaced battery (the ones that some with the bikes are shit), and had to fix a flat tire. Other than that, now complaints, and it does get ridden quite a bit. My brother bought the same kind at the same time, and he still has the original battery and zero problems with his. I do ride mine more than he does his, but when we ride, it's usually 25-30 miles at a time, up and down country roads. Lots of fun.

I still want a Revival for a second bike though!

Oh yeah, the batt was toast on this too, but so will any after years of sitting. I don't know why people rag on the lazer sports so much either, probably cause that one guy kept trying to push them here in a real annoying way lol. A four-stroke moped's still a moped as far as I'm concerned (see indian).

the qingqi d1e41 is the best engine china ever made

i bought this one for $60 from some guy that let his kids beat the shit outta it it cost $300 in 2002 brand new and now has 42000kms on it(ran great till i killed it)

it didnt like me putting a TB60 top end a pipe and a 19mm mikuni on it and push it to 70mph it responded by catching on fire

the stock mikuni clone carbs are kinda crappy but they work just gutta loktite the screws or they will fall out

if the cdi/coil burns out which it will you can use a tomos 2 wire cdi/coil or one for them stupid china 2 stroke bike engine for $6

get rid of that oil injection cause its a fuckin joke to think that suzuki designed that is amazing wtf hmm lets have the oil pump run off the final drive gear aka axle fuckin dumb

run it mix keep it going in the low 30s and it will run forever

people say theyre crap but think about it they cost less money in 2002 than some mopeds did in 1978 so the fact that they even run is believable

my daily rides are yamahas and hondas but i like fuckin with these cheap china scoots cause they are fun and when one of the classic japanese scoots break down i still gut scoots to ride

I have a 4 stroke China 50cc GY6 clone bike. It will run to the end of time, but good god is it cheap. everything plastic on that bike breaks with a little force. Hence, I am selling it before I make it look like a cushman by using old 70s wood paneling. I am sticking with japanese scoots from now on.

rip all the plastic off put knobbys on and go woodsing

that pretty white honda elite 250 in my pic behind the qingqi looks like this now and breaks 100 too

all scoots were meant to were meant to look like this cause plastic just doesnt stay on unless you ride like an old fart

That's strange that you say they are mostly plastic. My Lazer 5 is all metal except for two small covers on each side, one covers the battery compartment. Believe it or not, it is built very solid.

the lazer aint a scooter though

i have a shitty chinese scooter all naked and retarded looking. it just rolled 4444 miles

not alotta work really, no more than vintage mopeds, i always expect it to break down and it never does. kicker was the biggest repair, and a broken belt was the only time it ever truly stranded me.

often issues with wires disconnecting, or hoses, like the vacuum for the fuel petcock. valves have been good. i beat it up alot. kindof expecting the frame to break soo, lotta flex but cant find any cracks

recently got a 2 stroke euro scooter though, worlds better. fuck it's fast too. and SOOOO much more solid, all around, brakes especially

Now that's really pushing the poor thing, and on that front 'suspension'! this one is flexy as hell too. oiling only while moving is a joke, and so is the plastic rear sprocket.

i think i need to find a beat-up old scooter pipe to weld on, nyone have?

Moped Jay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> rip all the plastic off put knobbys on and go

> woodsing

>

> that pretty white honda elite 250 in my pic behind

> the qingqi looks like this now and breaks 100 too

>

> https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7318/12565232164_78

> efeeba58_b.jpg

>

> all scoots were meant to were meant to look like

> this cause plastic just doesnt stay on unless you

> ride like an old fart

I've been lucky enuff to receive that geely and quinqi. They are both long gone hacked off what I needed and the rest in the trash.

I don't know anything about either. :P

From some classy new motorcycle shop's opening party. had a photobooth and alotta dudes with really nice bikes. and me with "the apocalypse"

whos the sexy model

I dig it ^

dragged another home last night linhai vog 260

people is always lookin at me funny when im riding

scooter sledge /

In this old thread you mentioned about the cdi buring out on a 1E41QMB 49cc 2 Stroke. I have

traced the wires all the way up to the handlebars / front of the scooter and can find NO CDI Box.

There is a little 4 pin Black Starter Relay near the Starter and up front there is a 12v Alum Finned Regulator. And that's It!!!!!!!!!!! There does not seem to be a pickup around the Magneto/Flywheel & from what I can find in photo's online there is only a Two Coil Stator under the Magneto. The Magneto puller threads appear to be of an odd size. Not 24mm /27mm as most pullers are. But with an inside caliper I measure ~ 25mm peak of threads & ~ 26mm extrapolated valley of threads......... but don't know if they are 1.00 or 1.25 or 1.5 pitch... I cant get the damn thing off to do any further testing... Does anyone Know the Exact Threads so that I can find the right puller for this 1E41QMB China 2 Stroke?

> Moped Jay Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the qingqi d1e41 is the best engine china ever made

>

> i bought this one for $60 from some guy that let his kids beat the shit

> outta it it cost $300 in 2002 brand new and now has 42000kms on it(ran

> great till i killed it)

>

> https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7397/9528218827_dd517ea3a8_b.jpg

>

> it didnt like me putting a TB60 top end a pipe and a 19mm mikuni on it

> and push it to 70mph it responded by catching on fire

>

> the stock mikuni clone carbs are kinda crappy but they work just gutta

> loktite the screws or they will fall out

>

> if the cdi/coil burns out which it will you can use a tomos 2 wire

> cdi/coil or one for them stupid china 2 stroke bike engine for $6

>

> get rid of that oil injection cause its a fuckin joke to think that

> suzuki designed that is amazing wtf hmm lets have the oil pump run off

> the final drive gear aka axle fuckin dumb

>

> run it mix keep it going in the low 30s and it will run forever

>

> people say theyre crap but think about it they cost less money in 2002

> than some mopeds did in 1978 so the fact that they even run is

> believable

>

> my daily rides are yamahas and hondas but i like fuckin with these cheap

> china scoots cause they are fun and when one of the classic japanese

> scoots break down i still gut scoots to ride (edited)

Probably Fred /

Yeah does it really matter what puller to use, the threads are pot metal and will just pull right out before the magneto pops free.

Take the hunk of junk down to the recycler get the 31$ worth of money and put it towards something that is not a piece of China crap!

scooter sledge /

Listen Jerk If you aint got anything helpful to say then don't reply. I am not interested in your BS! Fkn Troll! (edited)

Dude, he isn't wrong. It is junk. But! They can be fun to screw around with. Also, at least it's not a four stroke so it has some potential. Probably a jog clone or somthing.

I'm very suspicious that little four wire thing is the cdi box. But who knows. Maybe trace back from the spark plug if you hadn't yet.

scooter sledge /

I came here seeking actual useful info about what thread size & pitch puller to use and CDI / noCDI Questions. But as usual with any forum its always some troll that has to pop off with useless opinions

about what junk I have, and how I should just throw my stuff in a land fill! It Never Fails.

I Bought this thing in 2003 and it has ran for 18 years without issue. The Engine itself is Fine as far as

gearbox piston crank bearings etc... It has a spark issue! Not uncommon for any small engine to have

this happen at some point and time. Besides us Americans distane for China "JUnk" This thing has

been more reliable than many Italian Scooters & there are plenty of others who say the same thing!

The D1E41QMB Engine is not a horrible engine and the Mag is not Pot Metal The center of its Hub is

almost identical to an old 84 Suzuki FA50 That I have a puller for and works just fine only problem its

different threads.

Using a few tools this morning like a Tap set's Thread Pitch Feeler Gauge

I have determined the thread pitch is 1.5mm & actually the thread size

appears to be at least 27mm but may actually be upwards of 28mm.

I did find I can order a 28mm x 1.5 Puller...

But it would be nice if someone who knew would chime in.

There are other forums that suggest this motor may not have a CDI But simply excites the coil when the mag passes a certain point on the Two Winding Stator. I can get that stator Cheap if it is whats failed. Its just a matter of getting the dang magneto off! (edited)

Sounds like you shoulda bought a Vino instead

Dirty30 Dillon /

Posting a photo would def help ID the stator. As far as telling you what size puller you need, you may just have to get 26/27/28x1.5 and test them out.

scooter sledge /

Yep cheap scooter lasted nearly 2 decades should have bought something else!!!!! OK

I had an Italian car once! Was the worst piece of Crap ever built!

Got a 90 Honda Accord with 385 thousand miles on it Still Runs as backup Car!

Like some of you all ain't running something made in China!

& BTW Most People who have had the threads give way trying to use a puller were simply

using the wrong size thread Puller out of Ignorance of the correct thread size!!!!!

O and before someone suggests it I have already tried that! and That! with other types of pullers! (edited)

magneto-rotor-148-198-14.jpg

If it was a Vino the puller woulda worked

scooter sledge /

Listen Crack Head drink your vino and STFU!

Also Yes the 4 Pin Relay is Definately The Starter Relay! Its wires come from the starter Button on the HandleBars to it and on to the Starter! If you remove it the Starter no longer works! Plug it back in the Starter works again. It is Not the CDI...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account