Happy Fathers Day

Just want to wish a Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there. Enjoy your day with friends and family, and have fun. A simple call can mean so much.

Re: Happy Fathers Day

@ Terry ~ Wow , tuff crowd ... must be a bunch of dead beat Dads posting today ...

Hey Don, Happy Father's Day to you. Maybe they just don't care!

no one of covfefe /

bump

They seem to remember Mother's Day and not Father's Day.

Don Wayne (Ofmc) /

I had a father's day-week of travel and fun...courtesy of a nephew I mentored long ago...no phone no computer allowed...took a few planes trains and automobiles and a yacht on the high seas this past week...the boy turned into an honest hard working fine young man...despite being a highly trained killer for the US Army... good thing he's on my side lol....assured me he'd take care of some niggling little problems around the place too

All I did was encourage him to think for himself and I didn't forget about him while he was in Afghanistan...or after he got back either

Overpriced Parts /

Don Wayne (Ofmc) Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had a father's day-week of travel and

> fun...courtesy of a nephew I mentored long

> ago...no phone no computer allowed...took a few

> planes trains and automobiles and a yacht on the

> high seas this past week...the boy turned into an

> honest hard working fine young man...despite being

> a highly trained killer for the US Army... good

> thing he's on my side lol....assured me he'd take

> care of some niggling little problems around the

> place too

What's some niggling little problems mean?

> All I did was encourage him to think for himself

> and I didn't forget about him while he was in

> Afghanistan...or after he got back either

Don Wayne (Ofmc) /

I was being redundant

English

Etymology

First attested in 1599. Origin uncertain, but likely a borrowing from Norwegian nigla (“to be stingy”), ultimately from Old Norse hnøggr (“stingy; miserly”), related to Old English hnēaw (“stingy; niggardly”). More at niggard.

Pronunciation

IPA(key): /ˈnɪɡəl/

Rhymes: -ɪɡəl

Noun

niggle (plural niggles)

A minor complaint or problem.

(obsolete)

Small, cramped handwriting.

Verb

niggle (third-person singular simple present niggles, present participle niggling, simple past and past participle niggled)

(transitive, obsolete) To trifle with; to deceive; to mock.

(transitive) To use, spend, or do in a petty or trifling manner.

(intransitive) To dwell too much on minor points or on trifling details.

(intransitive, chiefly Britain) To fidget, fiddle, be restless.

Derived terms

niggly

bump

Overpriced Parts /

> Terry Gerker Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> bump

4AC4B804-BDF4-43A8-88B9-BA0821DC377D.jpeg

Happy Day to all Fathers

every day is fathers day. i've always tried to teach my daughters (24, 35) to not buy into hallmark holidays. societies pressures. its a useless drain on your soul, and the hard earned money better used......the oldest daughter is a school teacher in Chicago...the youngest, this spring graduated with her masters in the education field.....erday is fathers day.....i get rando "i love you", texts year round the way its supposed to be.......sooooo happy random day erbody.....woooo whooo

This is true! We should not be slaves to holidays and expect gifts at certain times. Give your gifts all year long and anytime you feel like it.

Yes indeed, "hallmark Hollidays" are a bit of a scam...but it is nice to celebrate, but one's parents should be honored all year long. We would not be who we are, for better or worse without them.

Two of my 7 kids went with me to watch a big screen showing of my favorite movie, "Field of Dreams". We drove a few miles and went to a restaurant that the older daughter and wife had been to several times. We barely sat down when every phone in the joint went off indicating a tornado warning. The staff evacuated everyone to the basement for 20 minutes while AN ACTUAL TORNADO passed overhead. We came back up to start/finish the meal. During the meal, the Cleveland Indians pitcher threw a complete game shut out against Detroit. All in all, a very memorable Father's Day.

My dad's birthday is on the 13th of June and father's Day is always on the weekend closest to the 13th of June so we never celebrate father's Day, and for that reason we also don't do mother's day. My parents know i love them and that should be enough.

About 6 years ago my parents were in town for my brother's daughter's graduation. I convinced Dad, 6 of my 7 kids, one of the kids' friends, and a female friend to go to a Friday night Indians vs Washington Nationals game, 2 days before Fathers' Day. Dad was 83, I was 49, and we had never been to a ball game together. On the way there, he tells me about going to the 1948 World Series and paying $4 for a bleacher seat. We won the game with a walk-off bases loaded wild pitch. I hope my kids will remember going to that one game with their grandfather. It meant a lot to me that he and the kids went. He passed away 3 summer's ago.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account