Re: What Horror Movies are you watching

Still, the news. :/ Nothing more horrifying than what passes for reality these days. Our wonderful country is going the way of the Roman empire. :( I hoped not to live long enough to see it, but I fear I will. Industry influence on politics has corrupted the system beyond repair. No one gets elected to serve the people, but only to serve those who pay to put them in office. Unless you are in the 1% not a 1%er mind you, clench up, the gov. is about to get deeper in your pocket than ever before, they are struggling as they have stolen so much they are running out of "credit".

Oh yeah, FUCK Trump. He is a national disgrace. You got room over there Bas? :)(edited)

Although it is p lame to repeatedly suggest the news as your choice pick a fuggin movie pal!

White Christmas. Makes me want to dig my eyes out and shove them in my ears.

Maybe use your big boy words and explain why you don’t agree that it has a classic reputation, or I suppose don’t comment at all ya fuckin jagoff

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I watched all the SAWs since they were on Netflix and even the final one in 3D.

I'm going to out myself as a gigantic fucking nerdo, but I've REALLY gotten into "Shot On VHS" horror. That is to say, all film predominately made by amateur directors with limited distribution on VHS. The commercially available VHS camera lead to a litany of these films in the 80s/90s. They're like proto-Troma films, but nowhere near tongue in cheek. All practical effects, some of which manage to be somewhat terrifying, if only because of the uncanniness of the format.

Some highlights include:

The "Violent Shit" series

Possibly In Michigan (Short film)

The Japanese "Guinea Pig" series

The Burning Moon (personal favorite)

Sledgehammer

The Dead Next Door (actually shot on Super 8)

> Fi$ha $weet$, Treat From The Streets Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Some highlights include:

>

> The "Violent Shit" series

>

> Possibly In Michigan (Short film)

> The Japanese "Guinea Pig" series

“Flower of flesh and blood” is one of those films that changed my life forever when I first saw it. “He never dies” definitely was one of my favorites too in that series! Guinea pig only touches the surface especially when you hop over to Korean cinema and explore what splattergore has to offer. “Phone”, “suddenly at midnight”, “whisper in the corridors” etc.

There’s a famous practical effects school outside of the city here that I used to hang out at a lot back in the day and these sorts of movies were popped in daily, “Men Behind the Sun” is a fantastic example, it’s a hongkong horror-war atrocity exploitation movie that surely fits that mold. Haven’t seen possibly in Michigan but I’m adding that to a list as we speak. Troma always will have that corner of my heart, and full moon sublets that corner as well haha.

Pittsburgh is a humongous horror hub and so many movies have been filmed or at the very least spawned here so if anyone is to visit there’s a ton of cool shit to do and see in that respect.

recently watched The Black Coats Daughter. I liked it- reminded me of The Witch.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I'm sure old ass movies and shot on VHS stuff looks way cooler on a projector inside a moped shop than it does at home on a TV.

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Fi$ha $weet$, Treat From The Streets Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Some highlights include:

>

> >

>

> > The "Violent Shit" series

>

> >

>

> > Possibly In Michigan (Short film)

>

> > The Japanese "Guinea Pig" series

>

> “Flower of flesh and blood” is one of those films that changed my life

> forever when I first saw it. “He never dies” definitely was one of my

> favorites too in that series! Guinea pig only touches the surface

> especially when you hop over to Korean cinema and explore what

> splattergore has to offer. “Phone”, “suddenly at midnight”, “whisper in

> the corridors” etc.

>

> There’s a famous practical effects school outside of the city here that

> t I used to hang out at a lot back in the day and these sorts of movies

> were popped in daily, “Men Behind the Sun” is a fantastic example, it’s

> a hongkong horror-war atrocity exploitation movie that surely fits that

> mold. Haven’t seen possibly in Michigan but I’m adding that to a list as

> we speak. Troma always will have that corner of my heart, and full moon

> sublets that corner as well haha.

>

> Pittsburgh is a humongous horror hub and so many movies have been filmed

> or at the very least spawned here so if anyone is to visit there’s a ton

> of cool shit to do and see in that respect.

Fuck Men Behind The Sun. It's a visually repulsive film, and one of few I've probably only seen twice. It does what it intends to do but good lord is it a slog to get through all of it. The frostbite scene and the pressure chamber scene are particularly horrifying considering all that shit actually happened.

@Count Olav

I bet it would, although there's a certain nostalgic pleasure in the format is almost like finding bargain horror movies back in the 90s that you would only purchase because of the cover and run back home to put in your VCR late at night so your parents wouldn't find out.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I'm saying I bet it would be boring at home but awesome with cheap beer and fronds.

I guess I haven't gone back since I no longer rely on rural tv reruns for programming. I focus on new horror.

That time of year again, let us know what you’re watching!!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That time of year again, let us know what you’re watching!!

Good freaking question. Id love a fresh, actually well made zombie film but those seem dead these days. Might just rehash some older ones like Day of the Dead and 28 days later. I still need to finish the Walking Deads last season and i never watched Fear the walking dead.

is it just me or do all newer horror films suck?

I watch Return Of The Living Dead at LEAST 2 or 3 times a year but this time of year I'll always watch the original Suspiria (that remake is pure shit), Haunting of Hill House, Basket Case, and last but not least, Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein.

If you're into dumb colorful sloppy cheap goofy horror movies, I done made this for you:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZZC6G1/

Overpriced Parts /

Swing blade, not a horror movie and pretty predictable is a pretty good movie !

“Ain’t got no gas in it”

Lol, swing bwade

I just watched "the girl with all the gifts."

Not really scary, but a pretty well done, different take on your standard zombie movie.

And for stupid campy-ness, check out "I bought a vampire motorcycle."

Satanic panic. Horror comedy, interesting ride. Not top ten but worth a buzzed up viewing

Dead Snow. With Nazi zombies. Can't go wrong.

Hellavator. F'd up Japanese film.

Almost every film by Takeshi Mikke.

Hellraiser II

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

society

Hellraiser

Im always watching cabin fever and trying to catch up on american horror story. has to be some other tromaville residents here too.

^ ;) :D

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Bubba hotep and John Dies at the End are currently my favorites

Does my wedding video count as a horror film?

"Don't do it, don't go in there, don't say "I do""

I totally forgot about "witching and bitching."

Awesome Spanish movie. The cosplay gunfight in the beginning is friggen hilarious.

Train to Busan is a great zombie flick.

Man, my gf makes me watch american horror story. I was drunk while admitting that on a public forum. Just wanted to clear my name. I do love the classics tho. When i was a wee lad i had this awesome baby sitter that would rent a horror classic every time she was fortunate enough to look after me. Her name was kelly and the time and place was late 80's lakeland florida. Ily kelley plz hmu on insta if your reading this and happen to have a heart for a guy who refuses to work so it doesnt cut into his tracking of treatland orders.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account