What Horror Movies are you watching

Let's hear 'em

Re: What Horror Movies are you watching

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

"Night of the Living Dead"....the original flick from 1968. A bit campy, but still the best one.

Being from Pittsburgh, Romero is king, when he passed away (RIP) all of the movie houses played the original for free, the Japanese edit too. It was a bittersweet sendoff

The Car c1977

James brolin! That's a good one. Man we're diggin deep in the past for these. I'll list several that we've watched the last few days:

- Bride of Reanimator

- Snuff

- Basket Case 3: The progeny (personal favorite anthology)

- Hell Baby

- Jack Frost 2

I also have to say that the IT remake was disappointing. I had to say it.

The news.....

The horror movies of old seem to be the better bunch but, if we are talking current horror movies......... I don't think I've seen many.

More I think about it, the more I feel like lately I've only seen Sci-fi movies with scary/horror undertones.. minus of course the newest rob zombie film (31). His films always crack me up

MA OT and the slaughter by the Trolls.

Dude as much as 31 was energetic and entertaining I think it was the weakest of his films simply bc it ended like a wet fart, there was so much action and intensity to the overall idea of the game 31 and I expected the resolution to answer questions and maybe provide a little more story but it just.. ended. I'd watch it again maybe but house of 1000 corpses will always be gold star number 1

American Horror Story is doing their homage to that as we speak. Not terrible either as of the 3rd episode

no one of covfefe /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The news.....

^

Bump IT'S OCTOBER 10th YOU FUCKIN JAGOFFS

LETS HEAR WHAT YOU'RE WATCHIN!

So far since last updated we've managed to watch

- jeepers creepers 1&2

- They look like people

- Mother

- Citizen Toxie (TTA part IV) (featuring hank the angry drunken dwarf R.I.P)

- beyond reanimator

- from dusk til dawn

- Demons

Throw up what you're watchin even if you think it's basic or whatever, october is for dat spoop yo

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I didnt know George Romero died, thats sad i always liked his zombie films.

I barely get to watch movies anymore but one of my favorites was Day of the Dead, the orginal. Also, either Dawn of the Dead movies is pretty good. When it comes to horror movies i tend to like zombie themes. But be warned, there are alot of very, very terrible zombie movies out there.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I just watched "They Look Like People" again. I like that movie. It's pretty slow, but it makes me rather uneasy the whole time. P good.

The Orphanage (El Orfanato) is one of my favorite horror flicks. it's spanish but w/e

Session 9 is good

Clown is hilarious and worth a watch.

Audition is a pretty fucked Japanese horror movie that i also recommend.

it's hard to find horror movies that don't blow

Alright THIS is what I'm talking about. So I KNOW that TLLP is the type of movie that would totally piss a lot of ppl off but I loved it, lately I've been much more satisfied with movies that leave shit up for interpretation although that one's ending leans way more to the concise idea that shit was in his head, no rather, I thought it was good. The invitation had the same kind of slow under the radar creepiness that I dig.

Mother was incredibly cerebral and did not aid at all in helping the viewer understand the message but I find that it made it much better that way, I have to see it again before I totally stick to my guns on the message I believe it had tho.

Audition is sex. I love splattergore films so this fit right in when I saw it what seems to be forever ago now. Glad it's back on streaming my girlfriend has yet to watch it.

I've yet to see the orphanage but another amazing Spanish horror film is the devil's backbone it was one of Guillermo del torro's best imo.

Clown was also fantastic I recently picked that up on DVD, I will say however that Eli roth best be careful with what he puts his production name on. Films like clown, green inferno, and the sacrament are great and carry his style well through the voice of good young directors BUT BUT BUT his shot by shot remake of cabin fever was a PIECE OF LITERAL SHIT DICK. It was unnecessary and a waste of time. Bring Ryder Strong back

Yes it's been a somber couple of months here for Pittsburghers. He was one of our most important persons to say the least. Personally nothing beats the original NOTLD, dawn is great too, the remake was fun for the early 00's but wasn't anything special. I think 28 days later is a perfect zombie movie. I think zombieland and these hyper self aware zombie movies are played out and definitely contribute to what you're sayin. Shaun of the dead is the only exception, Edgar Wright executed that movie flawlessly

'Born in the U.S.A. .. with a vacation in Canada.'

Both places, horrors.

The Human Centipede 2 , Desent 1 and 2

It was pretty good although the book was better. Stephan King is always a good watch.

I Cnt ever remember the titles although that is one of the few things my wife and I have in common.the one with the Ouija board was great and send me to hell or something, always the ones were they rent a cabin out in the woods. or the geico commercial. chainsaw massacre is a scary watch. something by rob zombie.

The Descent movies are dope, the first one is gritty and classic i remember seeing it in theaters and i was really obsessed with it for a while after. I thought Human Centipede 2 wasn't nearly as good as the First However in it's defense it was also a completely different style of film, and i liked how they deviated from it. I actually have yet to see the third one but from the snippets I've seen it looks like they're back to the photography of the first one but more exaggerated.

Cabin in the woods was excellent, super spot on with the satire; I actually haven't watched that in like a year or two now ima have to pop that in soon.

and Texas Chainsaw Massacre is easily one of my favorite franchises of all time. Monti actually just donated a fresh VHS copy of The Next Generation to our shop the other weekend, commence zellweggershitshow2k17.

Isn’t there another/ new remake of Texas chainsaw massacre?

I feel like I saw a 2017 copy available for download on yify.am.... can’t remember though and don’t feel like lookin

By far, the scariest movie of all time

Yes! not only did they relaunch it in 2003 (The well known relaunch) w/ Jessica Biel (babe), but they threw a new reimagined adaptation in 2013's Texas Chainsaw, which was advertised as a mainly 3D release, Tre Songz was in it, it wasn't memorable, decent practical effects but it lacked heart (yuck yuck). they were attempting to capitalize on the recent re imaginings of friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St. at the time; and THIS year they made Leatherface, which acts as a Prequel to the original movie, not to be confused with Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, which happens to be my personal favorite after the OG. Leatherface came out on demand and on streaming platforms

I like to think of it more as a Netflix or HBO series, bc if it was a movie it would be over by now... -_-

yer dum link dont work Bob.

It’s scary cuz yo shit don’t work, right?

Looking forward to this homage

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account