Trick or Treat

I had far less trick or treaters this year than I ever have. Is it just here, or has anyone else had a decline as well?

Also, when I was a kid, we were out going door to door until about 10:00. It seems people shut their lights off around 8 or so. ...what fun is that for the kids?

Re: Trick or Treat

Same here, no kids trick or treat anymore! That reminds me i have a gaint bowl full of full size candy bars... (edited)

yea I didn’t get the memo that Halloween was over by 8. Same thing happened here and I’m still confused..

We didn’t start trick or treating until it was dark when I was growing up. Now I don’t know anyone that has dinner before taking their kids out.

Crazy.

0 trick or treaters this year.

There no need for kids to go out and work for it when they can get it by asking in their own living room. Besides its too hard to operate your phone with ghoul gloves on.

Fuck a bunch of walking around in the cold when I can tell my single mom to drive my overweight privileged ass to get fast food before the Kardashians come on.

Can I get an Absolutely America?

Overpriced Parts /

I usually have 60 or more kids, this year only 17, it was a bit cooler (low40s) then many past years but weather was fair with no rain.

Construction going on in the main drag of my development taking away some sidewalks and making main road into one lane in spots may have come into play for lack of people but my friends in other neighborhoods all said the count was down for them too.

Had 72 kids. From 6-7:30

I'd say I had 60-70. That's up from last year's 40. This years weather was great, no rain and temps in the 50s.

Seemed to be more kids than ever but it also seemed that the night ended earlier than ever.... everyone was back home sorting candy before the time I’d even go out as a kid.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Peanut allergies, kids not liking chocolate, trunk or treats during the day, kids just not wanting to do it, dentists giving kids money for their candy, have all lead to the decline in Halloween trick or treaters. Seen it decline in my area too over the years.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

We've been here 21 years, and we've yet to get a trick or treater. Maybe it's because we live on a fairly busy street and don't have sidewalks.

0 this year , looks like Shelly might have some more gummy bears coming her way this Xmas ...

8 kids. Trunk or treat is way lame.

dafuq is trunk or treat?

Maybe parents are getting wary of dodgy folk around and would rather their kids stay at home or go to an organised Halloween party. Or maybe kids would rather play on their phones or watch tv.

^ Prob on to something there, but here it was the coldest it had been in years, there are a lot of organized activities for kids anymore, it is not the free for all it used to be that is for sure. I like going to the grocery store or shopping in general this time of year, a few days before Halloween, because you get to see the really little kids who wear their costumes for days before because they are so excited. :)

0 trick or treaters for us this year and we're in the city in a very large neighborhood. It was over before it even got dark and I hear everyone went to the mall to get their candy. WHO THE FUCK GOES TO THE MALL FOR TRICK R TREATING. I think this is a dying practice.

> MOPITT no nips Al Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 0 trick or treaters for us this year and we're in the city in a very

> large neighborhood. It was over before it even got dark and I hear

> everyone went to the mall to get their candy. WHO THE FUCK GOES TO THE

> MALL FOR TRICK R TREATING. I think this is a dying practice.

Same! Granted I got back from work late and might of missed the younger kids; that aside, I got ZERO. And this is Boston, right next to a subway stop.

Maybe parents (and cautious kids) just don't think it's worth the risk, ya know? Why chance walking up to Buffalo Bill's door and becoming a lampshade for $2.00 worth of candy (if your lucky). Might as well play Xbox.

Or turning up to Kevin Spacey's house and he has a box of Haribo resting on his lap, with a hole in the bottom.

The current world is teaching youth, "Satan is NOT fun."

Overpriced Parts /

> Yucka Plant wrote

Here I am relaxing with my peeps:

0744A545-518C-4FC3-BFE6-C28F41DBB313.jpeg

That's a whole lotta peeps.

I'd smash the one in the middle and the one on the bottom left.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Or turning up to Kevin Spacey's house and he has a box of Haribo resting

> on his lap, with a hole in the bottom.

Hahaha... That move's a classic.

It was cold and rainy here in Texas but I still had 31 show up,gave them all extra candy. I have a whole bag of candy bars to eat.

I had about 35 kids and normally see anywhere from 80 -100. I have a crap load of candy left....maybe I should try trunk or treat and see how many kids I can collect ! :)

Overpriced Parts /

Very windy but most of the rain held off during trick-or-treat hours (6-8 pm) but a fair amount of kids came out for candy, around 55 of them

08006CC5-36E9-4327-A41A-E0438676B54B.jpeg
91EF83D1-CD9C-43E0-B61C-0FFBD65C6E9F.jpeg

0 kids-31 yrs in a row.....i live in the same neighborhood that i collected candy in. we would leave our neighborhood, and flock here because mo money, better candy. as times are a changing, people here now just don't do halloween. if they do, they go to a rich neighborhood like we did. haha....the more things change, the more they stay the same. if anything, the parents here that are involved with their kids. load them up, and go to church. its a cultural difference, and thats fine with me. i haven't observed halloween since i was a teenager anyway.....i mean after all, everyday is a potential drinking holiday.....doh! forgot to buy beer. oh well tomorrow, and saturday's, and an occasional tuesday ladder 11 open mic are my uber, lyft, beer nights. happy oct. 31st.

^wins.

We went to the popular street, its chaos but molly loved it. Her and her friend eleanor were like crazy maniac excited and it was super fun

Plus our friends live a block over so we hung out there a bit too for adult enjoyment

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account