Purchasing my first "new" bike in 32 years

I have a love for vintage bikes and love to buy and flip and add to my "Keeper Collection" of bikes. My collection spans from a Honda P50 to a 1986 Honda VFR750. I sold the wife's 250 Ninja a few years ago. But she misses riding and riding with me 2 up like we did back in the day on the VFR. Most all of my bikes are not good for 2 up riding. I hate to say it but riding the VFR with a passenger is rough on the hands with minor carpel tunnel. At 55 it is hard on me alone! LOL!

Back in 2014 we looked a the Honda CB1100 as a possible candidate for the new bike. At $10,900 it was a little to rich and we were buying a house at the time.

Now three years later the 2014 models are still on the show room floors and the deals are amazing. I will close on a new 0 miles 2014 Honda CB1100 for $5,700 out the door.

I am excited!

Re: Purchasing my first "new" bike in 32 years

Wave 3 K in their face they'll take it.

It's four years old, they need to get rid of it.

It is a write-off for the business at this point.

Say that to the owner's face he will sell it.

Lenny

It will not work. LOL!

The last one they sold on eBay went for 6200. There for 5700 cash was the best deal I could make. Worked hard to get that deal! LOL!

Still it is an amazing deal I think. Look on Craig's List and there are some selling for higher! One guy is asking 9500! I just laugh at that one as it has been listed a long time.

Still excited. Love the looks of the bike.

I hope it comes with lube and a kiss.

Lenny

Great price, enjoy!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Great price, enjoy!

you wouldn't pay 500 bucks for a bike Stephrn.

^not for a moped! ;)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

5700 sounds pretty fair for brand new bike... well newish. I agree, im not sure they will go lower. But you can always try.

sounds fun.

Pretty sure the '14 is a 5 speed. The newer ones a 6 and a hair faster if I recall. There's a 15 I've had my eye on that was at the $7k mark for a while but since last year it's been sitting at $10k at the same Santa Rosa dealership.

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

CB1100 is a true gem!!! Sweet bike. Congrats. Make sure it comes with the Honda warranty. Excellent price too:)

Dealers pick up all the old inventory from the warehouse for peanuts.

Then they do an ad sing a new blah blah blah for so much.

They just don't put in the ad that the bike is 4 years old.

Then they try to sell you the new one.

It's a game and you got played.

Go to the dealership at the end of the month when they need to have sales on their books.

If you had walked in there with 3-g in your hand and another 1500 in your pocket.

The little bickering and counter-offer.

Then spread out 4,500 on his desk.

Tell him he's got 10 minutes or you're walking out the fucking door.

After 10 minutes you roll up the cash and walk across the parking lot to your car.

They will run out and try to say they can go down to 5000.

Just smile and let out a small giggle laugh and start the car.

And Wham-O you get it for 4,500

That's how you work a dealer on Old Stock.

Lenny

The 2014.. black one is the 6 speed. I would not do the 5 speed.

Sounds like a cool score, but I'd be cheeky enough to try to get it for less, too.

They're great machines. Enjoy!

How can you complain at roughly 1/2 off?

In 1984 I could have bought a brand new DeLorean for $8,000.

Lenny

^ and this has what to do with anything?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ and this has what to do with anything?

This is the off-topic Forum dude what's your problem.

Lenny

> Ian Kilmister Wrote:

> In 1984 I could have bought a brand new DeLorean for $8,000.

>

> Lenny

If only there was some way to go back in time.

Just thought I would up-date this one for those that love these bikes.

When I got home late December I went to get it in the snow. I wrapped it in blankets and plastic wrap for the trip home in the trailer. It made it untouched by the crap on the road.

After I got home it turned so cold here and has not let up yet in any way. Right now we are in the middle of blowing snow. Just nasty. There has been no chance in hell of getting a ride on it.

So... I decided to make it a little better. I bought the Yoshimura pipe for it. I also got a Dart Fly screen for it to complete the look I was going for. I think it turned out great.

Now I am hoping the weather will clear for a ride before I go back to work in March but it is not looking good. I get back from work the end of June and that will be my first chance to get a ride on it.

I am so excited to get my first ride and take the wife for a ride too.

I hope you all enjoy the picture. So hard to get the pipe fitted but worth it.

P1010010.JPG
P1010002.JPG

Very sharp!

> Mark Booth Wrote:

> Just thought I would up-date this one for those that love these bikes.

>

> When I got home late December I went to get it in the snow. I wrapped

> it in blankets and plastic wrap for the trip home in the trailer. It

> made it untouched by the crap on the road.

>

> After I got home it turned so cold here and has not let up yet in any

> way. Right now we are in the middle of blowing snow. Just nasty.

> There has been no chance in hell of getting a ride on it.

>

> So... I decided to make it a little better. I bought the Yoshimura pipe

> for it. I also got a Dart Fly screen for it to complete the look I was

> going for. I think it turned out great.

>

> Now I am hoping the weather will clear for a ride before I go back to

> work in March but it is not looking good. I get back from work the end

> of June and that will be my first chance to get a ride on it.

>

> I am so excited to get my first ride and take the wife for a ride too.

>

> I hope you all enjoy the picture. So hard to get the pipe fitted but

> worth it.

> >

Beautiful .

And , that Yoshi ... I think you'll like that sound .

no shit i went with 2 other moped friends on saturday tpo look at the cb1100s and the one they'd had just sold. tax money already? i dunno - none buys bikes in february in cleveland...

they also brought up that honda overproduced the 2014's though and you can still find those brand new 0 miles. seems like a sweet idea.

I thought I would up-date you all on what I have accomplished with this bike. The Yoshimura exhaust is amazing. It is nowhere near as loud as I was expecting. It creates a very nice exhaust note though.

But it was not enough I knew there was more to be had from this bike. 84 HP out of an 1100 is pretty sad. So I hit the internet to see what else was out there.

A company called TSR makes an Air Filter Snorkel eliminator. They also make a set of Intake Funnels for the Carbs that fit inside the OEM Air Filter Housing, after some slight modifications. Possible gain of close to 20hp after install and reprogramming of the CPU. I sent the CPU out to be done by a group that has already dnyo this set-up and they only needed the CPU to be sent to them. They removed the Speed Limiter, raised the Red-Line by 500 RPM and of course changed the fuel map to compliment the modifications done.

I also added a set of what are called Pare Plates. These block the excess air to the exhaust for emissions. It stops the annoying popping as you decelerate.

I also added some nice Carbon Fiber to it for looks.

So how does it ride after these modifications? It is not even close to the same bike. Lots more torque and power. It is a lot smoother too. Basically it is the bike it should have been.

The Silver Funnels are the TSR items the Black are original! What a difference!

P1010012.JPG

In this one you can see there is a straight flow right to the Throttle Bodies. How nice is that. No turbulence just a nice smooth bore to the intakes.

P10100022.JPG

Here we have the Intake Snorkel eliminator and K&N Filter. Yes the electrical connectors still need to be tucked away after the picture.

P10100052.JPG

Pushrod Fifty /

Awesome bike. Honda did a good job meshing the classic style with the modern day. Brought a new in 2016 CB500F. Not a powerhouse but it rides like butter.

20191020_121449.jpg

wow that intake is a huge difference. nice!

Damn lenny you remind me of my older brother and my dad! They taught me to be that way. To think think think before makin snap decision. 4 year old bike left back on sales floor any sale whatsoever is profit because its a write-off at that point. They wouldn't turn down 3gs because they won't chance it! if they are smart business owners.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account