Made it To Germany, bought a Romet Ogar 202, shifty 50.

Bet yall in the states aint ever seen one of these puppies before. Btw it rips and does an easy 60kmh (around 40mph) which is more than enough for Hamburg streets.

Re: Made it To Germany, bought a Romet Ogar 202, shifty 50.

Hot piece. GreAt pic

Nice! Int Romet polish? And do they still make em?

honda z motor clone? thats pretty cool, definitely keeping more of the classic style than most of the asian import stuff.

i assume the engine is china/taiwan but what about the rest? any of it made in europe? maybe assembled for tariff reasons.

i was just talking to some friends about this today, the grom has made a huge splash here, maybe we'll see more of these bikes now , like the kymco k-pipe or other more classic looking variants.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> honda z motor clone? thats pretty cool, definitely keeping more of the

> classic style than most of the asian import stuff.

>

> i assume the engine is china/taiwan but what about the rest? any of it

> made in europe? maybe assembled for tariff reasons.

>

> i was just talking to some friends about this today, the grom has made a

> huge splash here, maybe we'll see more of these bikes now , like the

> kymco k-pipe or other more classic looking variants.

Have you seen Kymco's new 150cc bike? Here's an article about it.

I sat on one at the American International Motorcycle Expo and it was comfy. I'm trying to decide between one of these, a k-pipe and a Grom for my reliable daily city transportation

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

How did you register it? You got schengen citizenship or something?

Looks a bit like a Honda SS50 clone.

Benelli have a Grom-a-like out too in the guise of the TNT 125.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Have you seen Kymco's new 150cc bike? Here's an article about it.

Looks like a rebadged & higher priced Lifan Pony.

i like the k-pipe better than the grom, better specs, simpler. but the grom's definitely without question gonna last longer and hold value better.

the romet is sweet, how'd you register it? I was in germany for 2 months in '16, I wanted to buy a moped but I was technically on a business trip, so not a resident, and thus couldnt have registered it.

We also toyed with the idea of buying bikes in india and riding them with our friend aditya for some long trip, but same issue - how to register (although in india i'm sure you could get away with it, but germany? no way)

I just wound up renting a kymco scooter for like 15 bucks a day and touring around on that (i put just under 1000km on it in one weekend, the rental dudes charge mileage on every other bike but never expected me to go halfway across the rhineland and Baden in a weekend on a 35kph scooter...)

is that an actual clutch or the semi-auto slammy? 3 speed?

Although i doubt these are still made in Poland their retail price in Poland is only 780€ thats pretty cheap!

those k pipes review pretty terribly. most people hate the big wheels. suspension and brakes are supposed to be pretty bad too.

I have a residence here and I was able to get insurance and a plate/reg through my work here and since Im applying for a Blue Card I can ride it legally here with my American license for 6 months and up to at most a year if they believe I am not staying longer. The rules here regarding "mofas" is a little bit different to mopeds. Mopeds are 45km/h my mofa does 60km/h. Yes they are indeed still made in Poland mine shipped directly from the factory there. The motor is indeed a honda clone but Im unsure if they actually used a honda motor for it or if they manufacture it to the same specs. They are a big name over here, on par with Simson and have been around a while. They also make a 150 like the kymco.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

> s a d b o i Wrote:

> I have a residence here and I was able to get insurance and a plate/reg

> through my work here and since Im applying for a Blue Card I can ride it

> legally here with my American license for 6 months and up to at most a

> year if they believe I am not staying longer. The rules here regarding

> "mofas" is a little bit different to mopeds. Mopeds are 45km/h my mofa

> does 60km/h. Yes they are indeed still made in Poland mine shipped

> directly from the factory there. The motor is indeed a honda clone but

> Im unsure if they actually used a honda motor for it or if they

> manufacture it to the same specs. They are a big name over here, on par

> with Simson and have been around a while. They also make a 150 like the

> kymco.

Well fuck.

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> those k pipes review pretty terribly. most people hate the big wheels.

> suspension and brakes are supposed to be pretty bad too.

U right, Yea i was actually thinking of the KP lifan one. it's cheaper and more powerful than a grom and simpler being aircooled carbureted but yeah, definitely not as nice. KP mini. more power more torque still double disk and 5 speeds.

the k-pipes definitely do NOT have better specs lol. I do kinda like the k pipes though, when i rented that scooter in germany I almost rented a k-pipe instead but they'd just put it on the sale floor and werent renting it anymore. bigger wheels look better IMO, more mopedly, or like an underpowered ktm duke

SSR makes a gromclone too called the "RAZKULL" which is the most juggalo shit ever. good for riding to the mailbox and back.

that romet is rad tho.

Actually Mofa is limited to 25 km/h, and mopes to 45 km/h.

You are allowed to ride 60km/h only on Simson or Jawa (3-speed model) which were registered in east Germany before 1991.

Otherwise one has to register a moped as a motorcycle. :)

Exactly what Max said. I mixed up the words and meant to say Mofa where I said Moped. Although mine allows me to reach 60km/h with the licensing I got. I think theres a few different levels. Mines considered a Mokick?

Love that Romet. I'd want a 150 if I was going to ride something with that layout, but it's still awesome.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

check out the m1nsk from belarus...

Quick update, Im now +500km in on my Romet Ogar 202 and Ive only had one issue and that was the side cover (this little round piece of threaded metal) fell off and I had to order a new one, but besides that the bike is running amazing and has been getting me to point A and point B as well as doing some long country rides. Id highly suggest this bike, it honestly makes me wonder why more people are not buying these, for the price and the driveability you get an amazing moped worth it 100%. With gears let me tell you that can climb hills and rock and roll.

well, no one buys em here because 1) obviously not available, but they're not available cuz theres no market for em. Even the cities in the states seem much more built to accommodate cars and are very spread out. getting around is most easily connected by throughways and those require higher speeds an often do not permit small motorcycles.

Couple that with the fact there are no benefits offered to riders of small motorcycles - you still need an mcy endorsement insurance etc -all the motorcycle laws apply- it makes too much sense for people looking in that realm to bump up to something highway capable. Either you keep it stupid small and simple (which winds up being most often a scooter) or get a motorcycle (in which case you get something capable of motorcycle stuff, like a 250)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, Romet was never something that was offered in the states, so it makes sense that no one would have them.

On the other hand, people in this community covet shifty-50's for the same reason you stated above, albeit there are just way less examples of them here.

Romet's an old Polish company that built two-stroke mopeds ('motorower', in the local language) and small-bore motorcycles during the Soviet Era. The brand has a cult following in its homeland.

I think the modern ones are a re-badged Chinese machine, hence the Honda-like engine.

Enjoy getting out on the roads - hopefully the weather will be less rainy than it was when I was in your neck of the woods, last year.

No rain here, for about 2 weeks, I think itll have one last downpour than summer.

I guess more of my question is why do people here in Germany not buy them rather than getting a shit scooter. Im sure you are all aware how different the scooter/moped "community" is here. Scooters are peoples main form of transport and alot of people dont have cars. Some scooters cost upwards of maybe 1500-4000euro and I think its funny when I blast past one of those guys or see brand new scooters having issues going the speed limit or broke down on the side of the road. Im not talking about the nice scooters, im talking the Chinese crap that looks like a sketch a 2 year old did while on acid scooters.

Since it is a Mokick, technically any moped with gears here is a Mokick or Möfa no extra license is required for anybody as long as you have a standard drivers license even for the Germans, although German license cost way more than in the US and is much harder to get. Once i bring it back to the states it will be registered as a moped with a moped plate and I can use my standard drivers license. Also here and in most of Europe one big advantage to having a moped or scooter is sidewalk riding when there is traffic, youd get a stern talking to by the politie if you were to ride your moto on the sidewalk.

I have had no problem getting anywhere in Hamburg on my moped. Hell Ive gone on 100km rides and had no issues even in 70kmh or 80kmh zones.

Im not sure if the motor is a Chinese knock off but even if it is similar to the "lifan" type motor, those babies run forever and I believe my Romet will be around for a long time.

I love the older romets, so cool, they make me think of a slav drinking a 40oz while smoking a cigarette and riding down some dirt road.(edited)

Sent you a PM sadboi :)

> s a d b o i Wrote:

> Bet yall in the states aint ever seen one of these puppies before. Btw

> it rips and does an easy 60kmh (around 40mph) which is more than enough

> for Hamburg streets.

>

> https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/bef31bf1-ddaf-4982-8b6e-834b9aa149a3.png

Reviving an old post,but here's the point:

Hey, no need anymore to separate something like this from Gen. Discussion, SadBoi. Beautiful bike BTW!

Scooters (blech) are being welcomed to Gen. Discussion now, so yours outclasses them 10 to 1 on being more moped-like. LOL!(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

There isn't a single fucking scooter in this thread Don.

CHILL

Never will be,Dirty…………...you guys have made sure to pollute the Gen. Discussion with snail slime, so NO NEED to put them here where they belong.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Do you even know what a scooter is?