Is it a Sin to Ride a Chinese Moped / Scooter?

I want to know how you feel about Chinese mopeds and other 50cc two wheeled vehicles. By Chinese mopeds and scooters, I'm talking about TaoTao's and Jialings.

Re: Is it a Sin to Ride a Chinese Moped / Scooter?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

stupidity is a sin

"Whatsoever is not of faith is sin." NT.

It takes a lot of faith to ride a moped or scooter once the oil injector has been removed. Chinese won't remove the injectors .. they're far too smart.

> Drew Willis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I want to know how you feel about Chinese mopeds and other 50cc two

> wheeled vehicles. By Chinese mopeds and scooters, I'm talking about

> TaoTao's and Jialings.

It is a sin to contaminate any forum but the OFF-TOPIC forum with pothole-diving snails.

Since by owning one of these, you're sinning against yourself, it is not a mortal sin my son . LOL! don-ohio

Yucka Plant, my Sprint came factory without oil injection, am I a sinner? lol

Yep, off-topic is off-topic, I respect that

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Drew Willis Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I want to know how you feel about Chinese mopeds and other 50cc two

>

> > wheeled vehicles. By Chinese mopeds and scooters, I'm talking about

>

> > TaoTao's and Jialings.

>

> It is a sin to contaminate any forum but the OFF-TOPIC forum with

> pothole-diving snails.

>

> Since by owning one of these, you're sinning against yourself, it is not

> a mortal sin my son . LOL! don-ohio

since you made the inquiry about “sin”, arrogant christiandouche don ohio would of course chime in.

stfu don-ohio (edited)

I feel riding a Chinese scooter is like wearing a hair shirt or self flagellation. It’s a form of penance for your past sins. Everyone should do it once in a while just to remain humble.

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> I feel riding a Chinese scooter is like wearing a hair shirt or self

> flagellation. It’s a form of penance for your past sins. Everyone

> should do it once in a while just to remain humble.

God does not want us risking our newly bought helmets on the dangerous pothole- divers. Just cover yourself occasionally with dust and ashes.

don-ohio

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>

>

> > I feel riding a Chinese scooter is like wearing a hair shirt or self

>

> > flagellation. It’s a form of penance for your past sins. Everyone

>

> > should do it once in a while just to remain humble.

>

> God does not want us risking our newly bought helmets on the dangerous

> pothole- divers. Just cover yourself occasionally with dust and ashes.

>

> don-ohio

Only third world countries have potholes.

Only lil countries with lil tiny cars and snails don't have potholes. LOL!

don-ohio

My honda nhx110 was made in china and it looks like a slightly larger TaoTao. I could tell you how I feel, or you can go read the review that convinced me to buy it, http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Elite110/Elite110.html

Its very practical and far superior to my mopeds... but it is technically a motocycle (edited)

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Drew Willis Wrote:

>

>

> > I want to know how you feel about Chinese mopeds and other 50cc two

>

> > wheeled vehicles. By Chinese mopeds and scooters, I'm talking about

>

> > TaoTao's and Jialings.

>

> It is a sin to contaminate any forum but the OFF-TOPIC forum with

> pothole-diving snails.

>

> Drew Willis Wrote:

> Yucka Plant, my Sprint came factory without oil injection, am I a

> sinner? lol

Well, it's a sin to respond to one of my comments. Ask anyone on MA. They hate me. Except for Don and Don, and .. uh, a couple other guys, and .. the Mods let me on once in a while.

I have nothing against scooters, riding is riding after all, scooters are dangerous where I live, not 3rd world but our temp extremes vary from -20 to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit some years, very hard on the road surface. So pot holes, so many in fact it takes all summer to get to them all, and then it is time for winter. The few I have looked at, Chinese, have had very poor build quality, cheap fasteners, poor casting, general pot metal, the plus side is they can be had for almost nothing when they quit. Almost gone for it a few times, but lay down until the feeling passed. Put it this way, I would rather have any year Honda ch-80 with 10k or more on it that a brand new Tao-Tao. There was a thread a while back where someone listed some of the better quality Chinese brands, but they use mostly the same engines...so you pay your money and you take your chances. Honda, Yamaha or Kymco if you want a scooter. I did see a pretty cool Hobbit clone, Jailing? Never seen one in person, if I did would give it a shot if it could be titled. (edited)

It's obviously considered a sin to a number of our more forthright forum members, but I'm sure you're more than capable of making up your own mind...

If you're asking about quality and reliability, Chinese mopeds, scooters and motorcycles can be quite variable in the standard that comes off the assembly lines. The usual issues are switchgear of a poor standard and crappy electrics, which is a shame, as the engines are usually pretty good.

One should note that Piaggio and Peugeot, along with the Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese, have shifted production to China for their low-end models. Quality on these are better than the badge-branded models that have proliferated, globally.

I've worked on a number of Chinese scooters and there are a few good brands, especially those that are owned by companies outside of the People's Republic of China.

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

Weed/soft drugs and prostitution legal but you can’t put a performance pipe on your scooter! What a nice little socialized country !

LOL! No performance pipe?

don-ohio

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The few I have looked at, Chinese, have had very poor build quality, cheap fasteners, poor casting, general pot metal

i agree with this for the most part however i have got very good quality bolts off cheap chinese bikes. Alot of 6mm bolts. So basically the bikes can be good for robbing bolts off of but otherwise suck.

Put it this way, I would rather have any year Honda ch-80 with 10k or more on it that a brand new Tao-Tao.

Tao-Tao is the prime example of garbage... there has yet to of been a Tao-Tao worth buying. Complete garbage. Now Kymco would probably be worth riding if bought for a cheap price.

There was a thread a while back where someone listed some of the better quality Chinese brands, but they use mostly the same engines..

So alot of the engines are copies however it does matter which Chinese company builds the motor. Lifan actually puts ok decent stuff... zongshen is ok i if my memory serves right. I had a Panda (honda Z50 clone) that was really nice quality - that might have been zongshen build.

Stephen, I saw one of those Jialing clones on CList. It's called the Jialing CJ50. It's a kick start PA50 really.

^ I've only seen pictures, but would give one a shot, Hobbit pedals are only really good for starting it anyway. Could prob title it from a junk Hobbit VIN....

Andrew Squiggman /

The more you read OT, the more you see Ohio is a shithole. (edited)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

sin is a device used by the cults known as churches/religions to scare the mindless herds.

hybrid best of both eh?

coming, going and home

xwing.jpg
tail.jpg
stand.jpg

This was one of mine. I sold a friend a tomos for $250 plus his old non-running "big chief" GY6 50 scooter.

Over time it got more and more ridiculous, eventually kitted, I had it forever, fixed tons of shit on it. heaping pile of garbage (literally - it was heaped with garbage)

everything that was on it was found shit while riding, even the paint was from unfinished cans left by a graffiti'd wall.

It got passed all around, for a while it was the loaner for those with broken bikes and sometimes named the "all-a loaner" but mostly went by the name scrawled across the back of whatever seat was on there at the time - "the apocalypse"

it could carry so much shit, put a whole DR motor on there.

fucking epic beast. when I finally left Atlanta I gave it a Viking funeral and set it off to sea. sortof. I left it in the hood, still running.

apox.JPG
3.JPG

Ive had a few. theyre cheap as shit because they break all the time. haven't seen many make it past 500 miles.

which means you can pick em up for nearly free - all of mine have been free or less (less as in one I bought for 50 came with a general tank I sold for $80)

yea theyre shit. buying one "new" would be idiotic. but if you're willing to fix shit they kick ass. riding anything is fun. have fun.

> Yucka Plant Wrote:

> "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin." NT.

>

> It takes a lot of faith to ride a moped or scooter once the oil injector

> has been removed. Chinese won't remove the injectors .. they're far too

> smart.

Bas, I don't understand what that video is about. Did the scooter bloww uP? Did it fall off the Dyno? Whats going on here? Whats with the guy laying on the grass with his pants down.

Please explain this whole video.

According to the video the transmission cover of the scooter blew up on the dyno and one of the coppers got a shard of metal in his leg.

> Yucka Plant Wrote:

> "It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive" The Boss.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account