Re: Fishing

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Been fishing most of my life. It's a good time. I generally run tackle that is the bare minimum for what my target is. It's more fun when i have to actually fight the fish.

Fly fishing from a kayak is fun in all kinds of water

Holy crap Mike ! Good catch!

This weekend I may go Muskie fishing!

3- 4 years ago they put musky fingerlings in my Lake and they’re pretty good size now!

So I’m here trying to catch one or two of them! We will see!

Anybody get out on the water yet? Had a few great days already!

IMG_1757.JPG

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_1759.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/19 08:28AM by therealmiked.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Where I live we have one of the nation's only naturally reproducing rainbow trout stream we also have a Shad run every year

Thats some nice bass!

I haven't gone fishing yet as it's still pretty cold and rainy right now. Hopefully weather will improve soon.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

There's also eel weirs on the Delaware...

We have the Lehigh river and it meets the Delaware in Easton.

The bamboo fishing rod was invented there...

Crayons silly putty and bamboo fishing pole

My heart attack is overdue by about 28 hours

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I want more fishing spot pictures please! I like your spot Bas, seriously take more pictures. I like seeing other parts of the world that arent the typical post card pics... and that river was pretty.

Im not really a fisherman but i like to take nets down with my nephew and catch frogs, minnows, snakes, etc at creeks. I caught a soft shell turtle a couple years ago that was about the size of a half dollar. He is much bigger now and still thriving in my fish tank. I can put a dozen feeder fish in there and he will bag everyone in about an hour.

This is another fishing spot i used to fish a lot when i was younger, i cycled past it yesterday and took these pics.

IMG-20190411-WA0014.jpeg

IMG-20190411-WA0016.jpeg

Its an artificial lake they dug to obtain sand to build the neighborhood you see in the back.

I mostly just like trolling. online.

Touchet Ruver running high and fast coming out of the Blue Mountains right now. Spring runoff is gonna have to slow down before I can get a line wet.

Yeah people are already fishing on the lake and in the channels where I live for bass and for Muskie/muskellunge fish

16B577E9-A270-44DB-8466-FCB2DE8C7B5E.jpeg

E37FC668-7881-4A60-BC47-2246470E150E.jpeg

I hear the Muskie (A very fierce pike family fighting toothed fish) are big this year,

I basically only have light to light/medium tackle and fishing rods so I can’t even try to fish for one of those, basically you got almost use a small saltwater rod set up.

Don’t know if they’re this big but they can’t get this big :

D04A056E-B805-45A0-8F27-5430909C8A28.jpeg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

We have deep water lakes here that are freshwater and there are huge muskies in Pike dad there are so many fishing spots I could spend the rest of my life taking pictures of all the places in Pennsylvania I've been that you could get some good fish I mean the only place you're going to find better fishing as in Canada love the Bethlehem Steel had purchased the Lehigh River and it has been maintained along with its canal it is freshwater and it has natural trout that reproduce but it also is stocked with fishery Fish Hatchery fish there are Bass Sonny's muskies catfish Pike gar and all sorts of fish here in PA this was part of Pangea and it was a central section they found it extinct fish in the Lehigh well they thought it was extinct they also found a species of plant they thought would extinct before the dinosaurs they found it inside a. Patch of cow itch there are like almost 6,000 types of trees it is one of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet it is really amazing everything from ferns the fruit bearing plants the Urbz the grasses everything it is not three trees in your Zone it is not dominated by any particular trees if you had to you could feed yourself in the forests here there are plenty of berries nuts and other plants that you could eat there are number of drug plants here to everything from Belladonna and Northern caps to gypsum weed and other native remedies slash hallucinogens

Rick Bergsma /

40 inch long Muskie caught in the French River in French River Ontario

Nice fish ^ what did you catch it on ? a large top lure ?

Rick Bergsma /

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Nice fish ^ what did you catch it on ? a large top lure ?

You can see my lure near my right foot in the pic . It's a Muskie Innovations Bulldawg and it's a swim bait .Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/19 06:41AM by salient.

Weather is getting a lot better this week so i went looking for some nice fishing spots today. The canal i usually fish at is kinda busy these days.

IMG-20190415-WA0006.jpeg

And i'm pretty certain i can find fish there

IMG_20190415_154242.jpg

Anyone wanna trade Fishin Stuff for Moped Stuff ?

Anyone wanna trade Fishin Stuff for Moped Stuff ?

I'm in Michigan. FreshWater Rod & Reel Gear.

kevin Smellaflange /

Bas Autousedtowas goes fishing but doesn't eat fish?

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

kevin Smellaflange /

DON KNOTTS and ties flies....lol

Just got back from spending four days at Wallowa Lake in Joseph, Oregon. My back is F’d up so I let my wife do all the fishing this time while I relaxed and took in all my surroundings. She caught trout every time we went out, but we only kept enough to eat fresh. We kept eight beauties, and didn’t end up eating any of the food we brought with us. Fresh trout every day. She had never been trout fishing before, and now calls herself the Trout Slayer. Says she likes fresh trout more than salmon; who’d a thunk. They are good, cooked rare in butter & onion. It was a good time. Here’s an average sized one:

163717AF-55C7-4F41-A247-4AA8B3C14010.jpeg

3F432F22-71E0-4AA2-B44D-12C7F02B9DAE.jpeg

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just got back from spending four days at Wallowa Lake in Joseph, Oregon.

> My back is F’d up so I let my wife do all the fishing this time while I

> relaxed and took in all my surroundings. She caught trout every time we

> went out, but we only kept enough to eat fresh. We kept eight beauties,

> and didn’t end up eating any of the food we brought with us. Fresh trout

> every day. She had never been trout fishing before, and now calls

> herself the Trout Slayer. Says she likes fresh trout more than salmon;

> who’d a thunk. They are good, cooked rare in butter & onion. It was a

> good time. Here’s an average sized one:

> >

Your Wife is Is as lucky or more than my wife, when we would go out in Lake Erie, middle basin 14-15 miles away from shore and she would limit out on walleye In a hr hour or so before I would limit out, When I would limit out mine were always a pound or two bigger per fish most times but she would limit out in like five minutes like clock work and then be able to kick catch a lot of perch to add to the collection”!

But she didn’t know how to catch channel catfish, white bass, rock bass, all kind of stuff The huge in the great lakes have to offer!

I don’t know how she did it but I was a more then a good, fisherman, my walleye were sometimes 6 to 11 pounders size which what she never got! Fish were fish until I tried to catch fish on whatever tackle were usually only catch and release per tackle, my wife on the other hand could put a bare hook in the water and she would catch a fish but Way smaller than any fish I was trying to hook by a lure or live bait because she seemed to be so lucky !

The great lakes of the USA are the best fresh water lakes in the world lately and I don’t know why !

sold my lake boat the other day, sad. used to go out to irvine lake and fish for trout n cats till they got sued by idiots that drowned, and had to shut down.

That looks like an amazing trip, Seth! I really need to get out and catch some trout one of these days.

Been hooking up with a ton of bass recently, still looking for "the big one"

IMG_1837.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/19 11:36AM by therealmiked.

^^ Nice! There's a nice lake on the Elk River in Idaho that is supposed to have some great bass fishing. Think il take a few days and check it out next month.

Anyone else been fishin lately?

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/19 11:46AM by therealmiked.

Nice!

And no I haven't, but vacation is coming up next month.

« Go to Topic — end of thread