Fishing

To keep up with the new OT trends, i'd like to talk about fishing.

I'm really curious if anyone on here also enjoys fishing, and what kinda fish you catch in America.

Aint got much to show as my past few fishing ventures were not that successful, so here's a small brim.

IMG_20180515_180322.jpg

Re: Fishing

thats cool. i go fishing sometimes for bigger fish like striped bass but i mostly spend my time doin other stuff. some guy rode his scooter to the beach and fished from his scooter. it seemed like an interesting idea. i think he even attached pole holders to the bike

Re: Fishing

Overpriced Parts /

I like to fish, mostly for the white or black crappy with light fishing tackle if I’m gonna eat them.

I also like to fish on a nearby lake for perch and it’s nice when you get into school of them,

650E92CC-FCCE-47C2-B2AB-35C81F51EE95.jpeg

This fish picture is not mine for I don’t have many pictures on this device I’m using now but that’s the kind of fish I like to catch and eat at my lake.

8BA1A289-0849-40D1-BD5C-F0215F28F496.jpeg

Beginning in year I use a moped most times to go fishing cause I don’t bring much tackle just a couple Lures and small foldable fishing rod, because I go for largemouth bass which are only catch and release until 15th of June on my lake.

I’m only like 2 km from my favorite fishing area, my bike barely warms up by the time I’m there

B2E49FD4-9013-47A7-AF9A-0DD395831784.jpeg

Re: Fishing

Damn very cool. I've been wanting to go fishing this year.

Re: Fishing

I love fresh water fishing. This year I bought a plot of 'leisure land' next to the River Charente in France. I was there today in fact, but only caught a few roach. Here are some pictures from last year. The 1st is my brother who came over to visit. He caught a lovely big carp and my little boy just couldn't keep his hands off! The 2nd is me and my little boy with a decent sized carp, caught on the last cast of the evening.

20170830_182442.jpg
20170929_200807.jpg

Re: Fishing

Overpriced Parts /

I hate accidentally catching a big carp at my lake because it usually breaks my light tackle fishing rod in half but when I do use bigger tackle/rod and try for big carp I have found that That they love McDonald’s french fries as bait.

Re: Fishing

IMG_20180521_164238.jpg

My usual fishing spot, not catching much but the weather is good at 86f and sunny.

Re: Fishing

i used to fish as a kid when i lived in ohio.

in AZ, it just seems far too contrived, and i lost interest.

Re: Fishing

Polluted fish we catch in America .. and that includes South America and Canada too .. eh. Ain't much clean water or fish left bud .. anyone fishing is asking to die from poisoning of their gills.

Re: Fishing

I dont eat fish so getting poisoned isnt much of an issue. The problem here is the water is getting so clean that fish cant live in it, so the amount of fish i catch nowadays is nothing compared to 20 years ago.

Re: Fishing

Overpriced Parts /

> Yucka Plant Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Polluted fish we catch in America .. and that includes South America and

> Canada too .. eh. Ain't much clean water or fish left bud .. anyone

> fishing is asking to die from poisoning of their gills.

You ^ live in Canada how would you know ? heck the last time you went ice fishing you caught 10 pounds of ice !

I could eat almost any fish caught my small inland lake even the catfish for it is clean, there are no gas pumps so there is no accidentally spilling of gas in the lake, you have to take your boat out and fill it up at the gas station or use the portable red tanks if you have an outboard motor,

Lately the Great Lakes fisheries are way less polluted you could eat the fish in there depending on species.

Lake Erie perch is good eatin! but yeah any fish you shouldn’t eat every day and wild caught fish are better to eat then farm raised,

When I was a Lake Erie boater/fisherman in the middle basin I would eat the jumbo yellow perch, white bass and some walleye but not too much walleye because it’s fun to catch the 8-10 pound walleye but those aren’t good to eat, The 1-2 Pounders cleaner better tasting ones but no fun to catch,

Many times when I was perch fishing a big 10-12 lb pound walleye would come from the depths and swallow or bite the perch I was reeling in half for they have teeth like pike and they like to eat perch, man that was scary

Re: Fishing

I like bass fishing a lot ( especially sporting lunkers, that's my claim to fame). My dad drags my trout fishing, I hate it but it's fun when we try fishing for browns chilling in heavy brush it remind me of bass fishing.

I hate live bait*

I went fishing today and only caught a small lil bass, it was a good fight though. It's difficult to find ponds with low pressure but that's where the big boys sleep

Re: Fishing

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Yucka Plant Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Polluted fish we catch in America .. and that includes South America

> and

>

> > Canada too .. eh. Ain't much clean water or fish left bud .. anyone

>

> > fishing is asking to die from poisoning of their gills.

>

>>

> You ^ live in Canada how would you know ?

i don't know if you are aware that America consists of two continents, which include 35 sovereign countries.

one of those sovereign countries is Canada.(edited)

Re: Fishing

07ED5840-F8A6-4B60-8885-33B024D596AD.jpeg
5A1C8FF4-FDF8-4310-A916-EB01581323A5.jpeg

I caught this little trout up in the mountains when I was dirt biking. What I really like though is ocean fishing. I went to Cabo San Lucas last year hoping for a marlin but all I got was a mako shark that I released.

Re: Fishing

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Yucka Plant Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Polluted fish we catch in America .. and that includes South America

> and

>

> > Canada too .. eh. Ain't much clean water or fish left bud .. anyone

>

> > fishing is asking to die from poisoning of their gills.

>

>

>

> You ^ live in Canada how would you know ? heck the last time you went

> ice fishing you caught 10 pounds of ice !

>

> I could eat almost any fish caught my small inland lake even the catfish

> for it is clean, there are no gas pumps so there is no accidentally

> spilling of gas in the lake, you have to take your boat out and fill it

> up at the gas station or use the portable red tanks if you have an

> outboard motor,

>

> Lately the Great Lakes fisheries are way less polluted you could eat the

> fish in there depending on species.

>

> Lake Erie perch is good eatin! but yeah any fish you shouldn’t eat

> t every day and wild caught fish are better to eat then farm raised,

>

>

>

> When I was a Lake Erie boater/fisherman in the middle basin I would eat

> the jumbo yellow perch, white bass and some walleye but not too much

> walleye because it’s fun to catch the 8-10 pound walleye but those

> aren’t good to eat, The 1-2 Pounders cleaner better tasting ones but no

> fun to catch,

>

>

>

> Many times when I was perch fishing a big 10-12 lb pound walleye would

> come from the depths and swallow or bite the perch I was reeling in half

> for they have teeth like pike and they like to eat perch, man that was

> scary

This^ Lotsa clean eating fish here in the States.SOME lakes not so clean. Gotta do yer due diligence. Farm ponds are nice.

When I was a young lad, the rivers here in the Midwest and east states were in bad shape, due to zero regulation of some really BAD chemical discharges. My uncle and Grandpa owned 500 acres of great woods and farmland in KY and their ponds were full of nice clean fish. don-ohio

don-ohio

Re: Fishing

I’ve fished my entire life. Fishing was my father and grandfather favorite thing to do.

In the 1960’s my grandpa had a homemade cabin on the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Located on Lincoln Highway ( route 30 ) that runs across the United States. We could big catfish, carp, and snapping turtles. This was before the epa and the cabin was downstream from Quaker Oats and their sewage made big fish. We’d dig for worms/night crawlers with flashlights at night and catch minows and crayfish from the the local creek to use as bait.

In the 70’s I fished in Lake Michigan in holland Michigan. Mostly caught sunfish, blue gills and perch.

In the 80’s I lake fished on Lake Michigan north of Chicago.

Took a guys trip with dad, brothers and in laws to Arkansas for bass. That was in 1995.

I lived in Lake Tahoe and fished both Tahoe and donner lakes for trout. 2001.

Dad and I fly fished in Vail when I lived there. It was the only time he’d ever done that. That was 2004. We both caught one. It was cool.

From 1974 off the Florida coast.

61183C6B-8C72-45DD-8C8A-76F76FA07542.jpeg

Re: Fishing

Glad you didn't `catch and release' that shark, Boot!

Re: Fishing

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Here in the North Pole we love to fish. We eat a few but release at least 90%.

Enjoy the photos:)

072.JPG
100_0206.JPG
47cm pickerel!!.jpg

Re: Fishing

Got any snakeheads up there, Paul? Bet you wouldn't `catch and release' them?

don-ohio

Re: Fishing

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

No we don't. LOL!

Re: Fishing

I used to LOVE fishing when i was 5 to 15ish, grandparents took us to Cisco Lake Resort in the UP Michigan for a week every summer. then i got into skateboarding & punk rock. but i never really liked eating fish, just the excitement of hooking one, especially a big pike while casting off the pier at night. snagged a muskrat one night, all that was left of the lure was the head where he chewed it off, poor guy...

Re: Fishing

Josiah Radebaugh /

About 30 minutes ago I got back from a short fishing trip at one of my favorite places. It's off a bike path bridge in the Hocking River. Caught a small bass and lost my favorite lures on a rock. I later caught a pretty decent size catfish.

Two days ago I got back from Rodanthe on the outer banks and had no luck fishing there.

Good to the rest of ya though!

I'm probably going to go back tomarrow.

Re: Fishing

Caught a couple mud cats the other day

IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG

Re: Fishing

^nice fish.

Re: Fishing

Caught a couple big mouth bass yesterday. First from a canoe, second from the shore

[attachment 184049 IMG_1134.JPG]

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG

Re: Fishing

Being from Michigan, USA. I'm surrounded by fresh water. I was raised Summer fishing & Ice fishing.

I was stationed in Hawaii & did a LiL fishing there too.

Here is a pic of the 35 1/2" 15lb SteelHead I caught. People couldn't believe I didn't have it mounted.

The SteelHead Steaks were excellent & were enjoyed by many.

Being in need of reliable transporstation i just put a Bunch of my fishing gear up for trade /for sale on Craigslist (lookin for a Tomos)

0709181337-1.jpg

Re: Fishing

3inch.jpg

I really like taking rainbows and brookies in El Dorado National forest. Every once in a blue Ill catch a cutthroat, but only in reservoirs. Fair amount of Lake trout in some of them too. Lately Ive been packing in my ultralight setup into the back country and playing with smaller hooks. I nabbed this little guy with a #4 I think... and yes, I know its not great for the slime coat but I insist on petting if I am not eating.

Also love dropping pots for "freshwater lobster"

crays.jpg

These guys came out of beautiful Lake Tahoe, just over the drop off in about pretty deep water around Homewood.

Re: Fishing

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

I get out when I can. Caught a shit load of bass this year.

2018062295082513.jpg

Re: Fishing

Andrew Squiggman /
F9195F8D-D37C-4B9E-AAF4-9B986660483C.png

Re: Fishing

Couple good ones from last week

IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

All caught and released

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account