Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ` Mopar or no car in that era is in my opinion' Ken said.

>

> Gotta take issue with you on that,Ken. The `big three' ALL had great

> t muscle cars if you could get the money together. The big Pontiacs of

> 72 were not good cars though,after they got some miles on them. The GTO

> was just fine. Hurst Olds and Mustangs galore!

>

> don-ohio

Nope The hemi configuration of the nascar and top fuel in if the NASCAR against Chrysler product because only GM wanted to win as well as GM purchases of cars! In the early 70s nascar made them have a restrictor plate or 500 more pounds to complete in nascar (as well as fort with their single overhead cam engine)

if this bullshit was allowed could you couldn’t even imagine the horse power and economy of the cars have nowadays!

Christ through a biuilt 4 dual overhead cam he is that were over 900 horse power could be added to directly to normal cars we would’ve have had double overhead cam hemi that would’ve blew everything away known to mankind!

you guys know nothing about the Chrysler powered vehicles! Which were sleepers of the time and because of Brocker see the missions and all the other bull crap one week to the wayside !

I do know because I’ve had inside information wasn’t for Chrysler we may have lost world world war two because they created a way of plating nickel coating To enrich uranium hipthat would work for atomic bomb

they also made a six cylinder car engine engines for a tank!

if it wasn’t for regulations USA would be most world domination Country in the planet!

and we would own the world, which really would be a good thing but there’s people on the upper top of the government that are greedy and we’re kind of screwed!

a shame these young engineers and everybody have a good chance to change the world but because of the old greedy SOBs we’re kind of screwed!

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

I had a 72 Catalina back around 1980, same color as the one in this pic. 400ci/400t. I think i paid 2 or 3 hundred for it. Beat the piss out of if it but it didn't care. I miss those big ole boats.

Used to do neutral drops while drifting backwards on a hill. It would go through all three gears and peg the 120mph speedo while still rolling backwards, spinning one tire, which would mean that tire was spinning over 240mph, and it wasn't none of that Z speed rated tire stuff either. Lol. Fun stuff.

P.S. Budweiser will work as transmission fluid in a pinch.

(edited)

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

I miss those tanks too.... :)

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

if this bullshit was allowed could you couldn’t even imagine the horse power and economy of the cars have nowadays!

Yeah because all progress on motor vehicles in the last 50 years was all due to group of North American car manufacturers wanting to win a "drive in a circle" race.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Josiah Radebaugh /

Alright... Instead of starting a new thread... So I was reintroduced to the idea of getting one of these little trucks. I've always thought they were neat little things but after some research.... The Grumman llv... Take a read and decide... I feel like Mail trucks are almost a perfect 'Moped of a car' https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/heres-what-its-drive-grumman-llv-mail-truck-every--269192

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I love the grummans they Are the moped of small vans. I, however vote that the pelp50 is a moped embodied by a car.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well yeah. I'd live to get a p50 I'd probably remove it's subframe rear assembly and put a Speed in it and try to get as much out of it as possible and then put a metropolitan in it. P50s I feel like are pretty moped except for the fact that they are one shiny peny.. Modern reprodutions https://p50cars.com/ I'd daily it..(edited)

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

VW Bugs...air cooled, inexpensive, every teenager - college kid drove one.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

80's Dodge Omni's were a moped car. Slow, ugly (I think they only came in brown,) parts fell off, got no respect from anyone, anywhere.

Then they made the Dodge Omni GLH turbo, powered by Shelby. Still ugly (black with red interior,) and parts fell off, seats were uncomfortable, and no one respected it, even after you smoked them on the street.

The GLH was like kitting a stock Omni. Still lame, but it went fast.(edited)

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Andrew Squiggman /

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 80's Dodge Omni's were a moped car. Slow, ugly (I think they only came

> in brown,) parts fell off, got no respect from anyone, anywhere.

>

> Then they made the Dodge Omni GLH turbo, powered by Shelby. Still ugly

> (black with red interior,) and parts fell off, seats were uncomfortable,

> and no one respected it, even after you smoked them on the street.

>

> The GLH was like kitting a stock Omni. Still lame, but it went fast.

I would agree, except people didn’t buy them. I

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

For ONE thing,mopeds aren't ugly. If you wanna compare the OMNI to a snail scooter,that would fit. LOL!

Squiggy says mopeds are ugly...….what a troll!

Sweet! Cool! Beautiful! Wonderful! Magnificent!...………..THAT'S how we see mopeds. So think of a car that fulfills those word descriptions, but still has mechanical limitations.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For ONE thing,mopeds aren't ugly. If you wanna compare the OMNI to a

> snail scooter,that would fit. LOL!

>

> Squiggy says mopeds are ugly...….what a troll!

>

> Sweet! Cool! Beautiful! Wonderful! Magnificent!...………..THAT'S how we

> we see mopeds. So think of a car that fulfills those word descriptions,

> but still has mechanical limitations.

I have nine mopeds, 6 of them in very good condition, and I wouldn't use those words to describe any of them.

But I still love them, most of the time.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

ALL mine are cool and beautiful. Sweet? Just the top-tank runners are sweet in my stall.

Magnificent? Yeah, the StreetMate is and the Sebrings. No snail is magnificent, but they are maleficent. LOL!

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 80's Dodge Omni's were a moped car. Slow, ugly (I think they only came

> in brown,) parts fell off, got no respect from anyone, anywhere.

>

> Then they made the Dodge Omni GLH turbo, powered by Shelby. Still ugly

> (black with red interior,) and parts fell off, seats were uncomfortable,

> and no one respected it, even after you smoked them on the street.

>

> The GLH was like kitting a stock Omni. Still lame, but it went fast.

They came in blue too, had a Horizon miser, 1.7L VW engine, 4spd, no options, car ran way longer than I wanted it to, GLH are collector cars now.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 80's Dodge Omni's were a moped car. Slow, ugly (I think they only came

> in brown,) parts fell off, got no respect from anyone, anywhere.

>

> Then they made the Dodge Omni GLH turbo, powered by Shelby. Still ugly

> (black with red interior,) and parts fell off, seats were uncomfortable,

> and no one respected it, even after you smoked them on the street.

>

> The GLH was like kitting a stock Omni. Still lame, but it went fast.

I had an omni! I like tiny cars.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Not too surprised that some moped guys also owned Omnis. That pretty much proves my point...

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

♣Slew Foot♣ /

My classic car that equated to a moped would be 1974 Mercury Bobcat wagon it had a 4-cylinder engine and a single barrel carb and it was an inline 4 so you can run it on just one piston

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

Yes,and it was rear wheel drive and cute. Didn't look cheesy like a scoot.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

♣Slew Foot♣ /

it looked like an exact replica of the vehicle used in The Blues Brothers movie by the clan members

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

75 to 79 triumph spitfire, bare bones and fun,not real fast but would corner like a rat in a water pipe,still cheap down here.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It was oxidized red and I used to park it under a telephone pole where all the pigeons used to s*** and then on top of it I had a whole bunch of Spencer's Gifts stickers that were bullet holes so look like it was strafed on both sides man I miss that vehicle I got 200,000 miles on it

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It was oxidized red and I used to park it under a telephone pole where

> all the pigeons used to s*** and then on top of it I had a whole bunch

> of Spencer's Gifts stickers that were bullet holes so look like it was

> strafed on both sides man I miss that vehicle I got 200,000 miles on it

Bobcat...…….another nice RWD car.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

1964-1969 Rambler American. The base-model 220s and 330s. You can still get these cheap, especially 4-doors and wagons.

My dad had a '65 220 wagon. It had a 195.6 OHV I-6 and a 3-speed manual trans with OD. He took it in trade for a job. That's how my sister and I got to school when we were little. We also took road trips in it. He drove that thing well until I was an adult, it still ran, and he wound up trading it for a '67 F100, which he still has.

I loved that car, and if I ever see one for sale in my area, I would buy it.

My dad said he would get 35 MPG with it. First car I ever drove. My sister and I could drive that car before we were 13, and he taught me how to work on it. To this day, it's the easiest car I ever worked on.

Re: The Moped of Classic Cars

kevin Smellaflange /

my 1969 white subaru 360...van...single cylinder

''injected'' ..lol

18'' steering wheel

tire was about 18'' from edge to edge

...my fugliest was my king midget 1955.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account