Re: Shit you find on the roads

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

> __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1531091380325516&id=100002740065744

The people giggling and shouting are funnier than the kick-off! LOL!

i was walking around with a girl the other night. "no way!" right? i found a few nice washers, and when i picked them up i said "50 cents, 50 cents, and that one's probably 75 cents." she giggled and looked at me silly, like "those aren't money, what are you doing?" i told her that's about what they go for at home depot in the nuts and bolts isle. she already knows i'm a motorcycle addict. it's cool.

Yeah, Lowe's just ripped me off for washers,stainless acorn nuts, and rubber insulators to mount the windshield on the StreetMate. Oh well...….

Josiah Radebaugh /

What's that? You don't want to pay 98 cents for one 10mm nut?

Angry Hipster /

I forgot about the 50" Sony Rear projection TV, it had a sign that said free and the guy helped me load it up.

I had an integrated circuit chip replaces and soldered on to the power supply board.

It's been working great about 4years now, it's at my dad's house.

1080i. Not p, but who cares. Also note it's a rear projection TV, much better than the giant old fuzzy ones.

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> What's that? You don't want to pay 98 cents for one 10mm nut?

Nah, the Ace Hardware might charge SOMEONE that, but I wouldn't pay it.

Rand Jacobson /

I found a dog one time. He was a dirty beagle mix. Named him dingo and took him home. Best thing I ever found. Besides the fleas, he was a healthy boy.

Mostly just trash usually. I found a snap on 10mm wrench one time. Im sure some mechanic is pissed but made my day.

Keep your eye out for stuff that rolls off utility trucks,etc. at RR crossings and bumps in the road.

Picked up several tools that way.

That reminds me! Years ago on the R.R. we were following a utility truck.... a tool box was sitting on top of rear box.. he made a left turn onto an access ramp . The tool box just slid freely off the top! We pulled over , waving , he kept rolling, we divided up the tools.

> Les B. Wrote:

> That reminds me! Years ago on the R.R. we were following a utility

> truck.... a tool box was sitting on top of rear box.. he made a left

> turn onto an access ramp . The tool box just slid freely off the top! We

> pulled over , waving , he kept rolling, we divided up the tools.

Yeah, I lost a whole toolbox one day because I ran without a tailgate on my F-250. I crossed a rough turnaround on the Appalachian Hwy. and the toolbox came out the back.

I was a sorry SOG for quite awhile til I got my tools built up again.

Overpriced Parts /

Just found a like new quality made USA portable air tank that still had air in it on the side of the road in the weeds/bush, Tied it to the book rack and brought it home,

6EBD5F41-2BD6-46BC-A0B2-D88BBFA97142.jpeg

Fills up easy, holds pressure and air chuck works great!

If you left it where you got it, the original owner could have back tracked and found the thing that fell off his pick up. Now he’s fucked. Nice job roff

> Peter Fondue Wrote:

> If you left it where you got it, the original owner could have back

> tracked and found the thing that fell off his pick up. Now he’s

> fucked. Nice job roff

I guess the dumbass should have secured his load. Lucky it didn’t bounce thru a windshield. Shit falls off your truck around here, it’s at least a $1500 fine for failure to secure a load, plus littering. If it causes injury, it’s jail time. Then he would be fucked. Consider the $40 air tank a cheap lesson.

^^ there is another post about this he rode by it for a week or so, then picked it, don't assume, plus if you don't tie your stuff down the loss is on you.(edited)

He didn’t ride past it for a week. He picked it up.

Read the other post, like it matters anyway.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Complete fireman gear.

A USPS truck chock cane...

A herd of 17 deer...

Overpriced Parts /

> Peter Fondue Wrote:

> If you left it where you got it, the original owner could have back

> tracked and found the thing that fell off his pick up. Now he’s

> fucked. Nice job roff

No it was there for a while, well off road barely noticeable,

I’m not like that, when I find something like a wallet or key sets/fobs (which happened to me a few times over the years) I make sure the owner gets everything back the way I found it if there’s any identification, if there was any identification on it I would’ve made sure the owner got it back,

I think somebody got pissed off and threw tank in bush when they tried to fix their exploded tire from a chuck hole/jagged pavement on the side that dumb distracted drivers hit all the time and make worse

A brand new guard rail was installed farther down the road by a culvert and it was scraped several times by the next day And completely bent/damaged/wiped out a week later,

Almost every Cager/motorist check their phones on that road and other similar roads then runoff the side of the road causing the pavement to break and get jagged,

The edge of the roads gets damaged pretty quick even though they’re pretty wide now that they painted double yellow lines on many of the roads out here this year because in the past people were hogging the whole road while they were looking on their phones Causing or almost causing head on collisions,

F032C18C-C617-45A0-9224-FD8C6A93D9BF.jpeg

Air Tank was well off the road, It didn’t have one dent or scrape in it,

If it would’ve fell off someone’s truck it would’ve hit the pavement or stones and be scraped or dented, gauge damaged, this was almost buried in the middle of nice soft brush and high grass off the ground,

I rode by it several times that week thinking it was just like a Deflated plastic ball a plastic sled or shopping bag, It was probably there for at least a week maybe longer,

over a decade ago i found this location scouting up in the desert north of LA behind an old truck junkyard

Hawk Hauling.jpg

My current knife and my prior favorite pocketknife were both mopedding roadside finds. The current one is a kinda cheap Schrade folder but the old one was a Case Sodbuster with the classic etched logo on the blade. it was a really pretty knife, I loved that thing. it needed to be sharpened kinda often but it got silly sharp. eventually I think i lost it while riding... circle of life.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Road score today circa 1912 20 Ton screwjack / wratcheting lever. I hurt myself driving home I had been at the qtowm farmer's market grabbed about 60lbs of odd scrap. Add a pair of sias a Hercules 3 speed shifter. 2 pairs of bobos.re chucks

After 100 miles my neck is a mess. I found the Jack on the way there so I lugged it all day got pulled by a cop with a plate reader wrong plate on the bike. I am so glad it was congenial. Ripped up Mylar vin tag he was puzzled I said I can carve one on there..

My record comes up A1A

Means nothing. No arrests in 10 years clean motor vehicle record not even a parking ticket

He asks me the trick questions. Wow that is neat. How many ccs

I bet it goes pretty fast...

I go well it displaces 49cc

On level ground it does a solid 25.

Technically if you took a graduated cylinder to church it 49cc stock intake and carb..

But man I hit a slight incline the gearing makes me do 40.... I chuckle...

Have any weapons on you?

No

Wait o yeah I got a pair of sais from q mart.

I am ok tho I have a certification of above black belt...

Well you have a good day and be safe.

Get the right plate on it. I showed him 6 reg. Slips 4 6 plates. I lost track of which were active. I could've sat in jail a few years if he searched me. I had a 1/2 oz of crystalline shatter. And a 1/2 oz of bud. My med card expired on 1.11.20

But hey free Jack

I am gonna fab a20 ton press out of it.

663884AA-0D0F-4FF5-AEB0-52707C4DC8F9.jpeg

So we had a tornado roll through here a few months ago. I was out walking some fields looking for arrowheads. I came across this keeper laying in a tree line wind break.

/\ have you looked in to where it has travelled from?

we lived on a road with a train crossing....lots of crap would fall out of trailers and pickups as they bounced over the crossing. Still have a 2ft level from over 40 years ago, also found a 1-1/4 open/closed ended wrench. it was huge probably for a trailer ball but I saved it and about 10 years later actually needed it when changing my timing chain in my old dodge van.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> /\ have you looked in to where it has travelled from?

i have not....i'm not sure where to start to find out. don't know if it was a legit business, or a gag sign. really there were no businesses in the area where the tornado's ripped their paths. just houses, and farm fields at that point. it's plexi glass, and could be back lit. i just thought it was funny, Craig's List Krapp dealer??? there was all kinds of debris in the fields, and hedge rows. i'll be back hiking those fields to see what other KRAPP i can find :)

Picked up all kinds of crap over the years. Maybe the best was a Victorinox multitool with all the cool bits on the exterior so you don't have to open the tool every time to use whatever implement of destruction you need. It was in the middle of the road but perfect condition no one had run over it yet. Leatherman only just recently came out with the same style setup.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Oops fumble thumbs I reported you by mistake 1rst time I ever reported anyone...

I found an old timely screw Jack that some one painted. I think I will fab a press with it. Before that a broken watch but it has a good digital chronograph. Add a candy dispenser a shipswheel earring w topaz stone. A Boston hockey gumball ring the ravens left me for feeding them ...

freescoresJack~1.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account