Re: Surgery Required.....

Just don't take too many painkillers. That stuff they prescribe in the States is bad for you.

So Blaine how many holes did they poke in your shoulder I think they put five or six holes in my shoulder when I had it repaired and tuned up.

but you're over the pain hump now that first 3 days after that surgery fuck hurts like hell.

be sure you set your alarm clock up so you take your pain meds at regular intervals don't make the mistake of waiting till it starts to hurt.

If you do the pains going to Peak for an hour or so before the oral medication can do its thing.

In a couple days you should be able to cut some of your pills in half and slowly reduce the pain meds you should be able to feel some aching if you feel too good you're taking too much that's the big problem with those pain meds creating addiction everybody wants to be in la la land.

It's best to have a little discomfort not quite pain but at least data to two or three level this will prevent you from accidentally trying to do something with the arm or move it in a way that might do tissue damage so take care and save those pain meds for future use when an injury occurs.

at this point you should be doing the warm pack cold pack switching back and forth cold to reduce swelling and inflammation and warm to promote circulation and healing.

just make sure you don't try to do anything with that arm and keep it as mobilized and close to your rib cage as possible for the first two weeks then slowly start moving it around while holding it with the other arm.

Make sure you squeeze that little foam ball at least six or seven times a day for about 5 minutes that will keep things circulating in the lower portion of your arm you don't want anything weird to happen.

Good luck.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/18 12:55PM by all_hail_sean.

@Bas— it’s just getting worse over here. Almost like there’s a bigger picture or plan or something........... a drug 10X more potent than fentanyl was approved recently even though physicians, the president of the FDA advisory committee, and consumer advocacy groups had urged the FDA to reject it.... Lord!!!!!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/02/663395669/despite-warnings-fda-approves-potent-new-opioid-painkillerEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/18 01:01PM by jayson_sumpter.

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> @Bas— it’s just getting worse over here. Almost like there’s a bigger

> picture or plan or something........... a drug 10X more potent than

> fentanyl was approved recently even though physicians, the president of

> the FDA advisory committee, and consumer advocacy groups had urged the

> FDA to reject it.... Lord!!!!!

>

> https://media0.giphy.com/media/14nJpITpJAtNjG/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b5c1935746e52655673c8b375

>

> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/02/663395669/despite-warnings-fda-approves-potent-new-opioid-painkiller

yes it seems very insane the only reason they were able to get that drug approved as they said it was to be used in combat situations for instant pain relief after half your body has been blown away.

But when you consider that fentanyl is so powerful that it basically small Pinhead of it is a lethal dose of Fentanyl

This Niche it sounds more like a medical weaponization all you would have to do is aerosol this and fly around with a drone and you could have people dropping like flies pretty scary shit and you think about it.

Reminds me of Pink Floyd song Comfortably Numb

Sean, I think they give you colored silly putty to squeeze now. That's what they gave me after my neck. Different colors for different stiffness. Great for restoring grip strength. I just about killed Rosie.

> Seth B Wrote:

> Sean, I think they give you colored silly putty to squeeze now. That's

> what they gave me after my neck. Different colors for different

> stiffness. Great for restoring grip strength. I just about killed Rosie.

Rosie was in reference to the palm of your hand as in Rosie Palm.

So what you're saying is you've named your junk Rosie.

Must be a bit embarrassing when your girlfriend hears you hollering come on rosie come on Rosie.

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> @Bas— it’s just getting worse over here. Almost like there’s a bigger

> picture or plan or something........... a drug 10X more potent than

> fentanyl was approved recently even though physicians, the president of

> the FDA advisory committee, and consumer advocacy groups had urged the

> FDA to reject it.... Lord!!!!!

>

> https://media0.giphy.com/media/14nJpITpJAtNjG/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b5c1935746e52655673c8b375

>

> https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/02/663395669/despite-warnings-fda-approves-potent-new-opioid-painkiller

I'm aware of this problem, its pretty ridiculous.

For simple surgery you get very little painkillers here, barely enough to fend off the pain, but we also have very little drug addicts.

Pain can be a nuisance but its always better than becoming a drug addict.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

I haven’t had an oxy since Sunday. Finally was able to shit yesterday even though i was taking a laxative since Saturday. Like I said before, I don’t get the fascination. I guess it’s just not my drug of choice.

They have seriously cracked down on the stuff. 40 5mg pills to last 1 week, and i was to take 2 every 4 hours. Do the math.

Just make sure you don't take any anti-inflammatory medications.

I know lots of people who have had issues and would take anti-inflammatories continuously the big problem with them is that they reduce circulation to reduce inflammation and swelling.

This reduced circulation reduce is Flushing of dead tissue reducing or even preventing healing in the injury.

Don't get me wrong anti-inflammatories are a good thing but you only need to take those for the first day or two until the main swelling goes down on an injury then you need to let it heal.

Oh one thing I found it help me a lot was putting a hot washcloth in the armpit with a cold pack on top of the shoulder.

Another thing I would do is fill a sink with very warm almost hot water and with soak my forearm in it while squeezing the ball or putty in your case with ice pack on shoulder.

Hey Sean Wayne (that's pronounced John Wayne with a French accent), Rosie was my house cleaner, you perv.

When I was yelling "come on Rosie" I was performing CPR.

Had my followup appointment today. He said he had to use 4 anchors to reattach the supraspinatus and one of my bicep tendons was trashed too, so he did this procedure while he was in there.

I’m not superstitious, but would 13 staples be considered bad luck?

67F835F4-0727-4D96-8754-1B6A37C97994.jpeg

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> I’m not superstitious, but would 13 staples be considered bad luck?

> >

No you will be fine! I don’t mind the number 13 or Friday the 13th even, kinda interesting the accidents I would see on that day though, A Friday 13th few years ago on freeway I saw a guy in a new BMW fly across 3 lanes only to miss his exit, try to correct and take out a large next exit sign. He damaged his car bad but he kept going, spewing plastic parts and fluids everywhere.

Then when I got off at my exit I came to the next intersection and saw a car upside down on it’s roof still moving/spinning.

Funny though! Most hi-rise office buildings I worked in had no 13th floor, The elevator buttons went from 12 right to 14 no 13!

Got the staples out yesterday and some steri-strips installed. Glad to have the wad of gauze and plastic sticky blowout patch off. My skin was becoming irritated all around it as you can see. Starting therapy Wednesday. Follow-up appointment in a month. I’m done with the oxys. I wish i could still take them occasionally for the pain, but i just spent three days in labor delivering a 7 pound 8 ounce baby turd, so screw that. I’ll just deal with the pain.

1D06DE5A-746A-47D0-A14B-3D4270C11356.jpeg

try miralax before every meal man. its a passive laxative, not a stimulant laxative. pulling in moisture whilst the hamsters are transiting your colon.

seriously, take the pain meds if you need them...you probably should man. just mix some miralax with ur juice or whatever and you wont be shitting coke cans.

speaking from experience here. worked for me.

I’m in the same boat as you I can’t take pain meds either ,

This may help but it didn’t for me but I didnt take them very long either.

https://www.movantik.com

636483A3-A813-4CB2-9755-9EE06883801B.jpeg

Special medication because opioids make you constipated... Maybe try opioid free painkillers?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Special medication because opioids make you constipated... Maybe try

> opioid free painkillers?

Well, i tried, but acetaminophen and ibuprofen don’t make no never mind, so i don’t even bother.

I guess once i start therapy i’ll chug some miralax before i go and a few oxys afterwards.

« Go to Topic — end of thread