Re: Opinions on Hondas that are not mopeds

^^I know he's the father. You ain't pinning that one on me. I'm done with child support.

Now that bull, those are some balls. They'd drag for sure.

Wow, gang!

Helpful opinions, we got to know each other a little better, no fights, positive humor...

Am I on the correct site or fourm?

Ringo was right, "Peace and Love"

Thanks a lot.

Happy Holidays.

And Don didn't get to delusional in this thread either.

Wonder if he forgot to pay his cable bill....

This must be the WFFF if everybody's getting along.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've been hung up on Minarelli V1 bikes for the last 40 years.

It's time to move on

Rd250 yes. Yamaha makes the funnest motorbikes, though I am partial to the honda ns50. The new bike I'm hunting for is an fzr250r, they're actually pretty cheap on yahoo auctions.

i like them. mb5 to cb750. all pretty good.

i never really considered myself a honda guy until recently i realized most of what i have/had and ride is honda's -_____-

they just last... built well and run great. makes me wish ktm was in the small engine/moped game back in the 70's/80's.

besides my hobbit i have a '82 ES200 big red 3wheeler which is a tank! a scary tank, but a tank!!! pull start and doesnt smoke, the granny gear will walk up anything (just keep weight centered)

i also just picked up an '83 aero50 for my gf as she wants to get into riding... it runs and rides GREAT! pipped and jetted, does about 40 all day

Recently i just sold my '70 cb175 cafe, i've taken it to a few rally's and it's been nothing but reliable. a slew of other honda bikes, mopeds and quads through the years too, they just did things right!

I love my RD250 and my Honda NS50f. Bothe rev to the moon and are like little snowflakes.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_6342.JPG

^ Beautiful examples of both!

I’m down with them even for a four stroke.

I race a 1965 Honda s90. I bought a lot in Florida of tomos parts and there was a s90 frame in it. I googled it and fell in love.

C4A2089F-73F3-428B-9F17-AF49BF7EA6CB.jpeg

> Matty Bell Wrote:

> I’m down with them even for a four stroke.

>

> I race a 1965 Honda s90. I bought a lot in Florida of tomos parts and

> there was a s90 frame in it. I googled it and fell in love.

that aint no tomos.

honda-camino-parts 4you.nl /

these one are very good and nice have them all 3 :-) the honda x8r and the honda sxr50 or also called dio xr baja

10494531_918716331475636_8045212081124320833_n.jpg

bikepics-1426412-full.jpg

images.jpg

My 2 stroke honda snowblower is pretty well made.

Cant say the same for my toro

My honda lawnmower is nice too.

Really hate mb5s, including the one i had.

Like CBs, TLs, and sprees.

I one day will absolutely own a TLR200 reflex as soon as i spot a clean one. Fucking sexy bikes, those

bb8dca2435f01193e636cebd39e3ed47-preview.jpg

Baron Von Hamilton /

I know someone who has one^^^

Screenshot_20190101-151739_Messages.jpg

Friggin dick

Baron Von Hamilton /

The worst......

My opinion: Honda’s are some of the best built bikes. There’s a saying that with fresh gas and a small set of tools you can have a vintage Honda running in an evening.

I owned a Honda Passport C70 and recently sold it to buy a new enduro bike. Great bike, very solid and easy to work on. I loved it but it had to go.

I still own a 1975 Honda CB500T (pictured) and I ride the hell out of it. It’s a fantastic bike and easy enough to do all my own work on.

It seems like you want to stick to a lower cc bike. They are a lot of fun and if you get a single you’ll be able to easily work on it.

I’m 17 and just got into bikes at the beginning of 2018. I own a Suzuki, Yamaha, and a Honda currently. I owned multiple Suzuki’s and man are they hell to work on compared to Honda. I am currently restoring a 1965 Suzuki T10 250 and it’s a blast.

64F8F2F5-9714-4008-9A4B-6032122E8B6D.jpeg

ct90s are also great bikes although they are heavier ,they are cheap and parts are easy to come by. I have a spree also that the kids ride and the electric start might be a plus for you.

I'm gonna concentrate on getting all of the mopeds I have running this year before I invest in a motorcycle or 2. I wouldn't mind a Honda c70 (Passport), Cb 125, cb175, or something up to a 250cc.

I'm only 5'6", so I wouldn't want to start off with a huge, heavy bike.

The wife is pissed with all of the mopeds I have, so I figure it wont matter what motorcycle I get, she's gonna get upset anyway. She's got an insurance policy on me anyway, so if I get killed, she can cremate me, throw a party, and sell all my bikes.

just picked up a '17 grom from a lady who wanted to be the next fooligan... she put 67 miles on it and couldnt pass her motorcycle license test so she said F motorcycles and sold it to me for a great deal ($2700). hey im happy, beats the hell outta dealer costs and this is new. not practically new, okay 67 miles shut up, it's still new.

it's a blast, putting a full exhaust on it and some stiffer clutch springs and a billet clutch plate

GROM.jpg

The CB175's are pretty good, they are 5 speed and will get up to about 60-65. Super easy to work on and good weight/ handling/etc. They are slow heavy turds compared to a lot of other stuff but around town they are nice and easy to ride.

If you want to do 'almost' highway speeds, i'd say the 350 is the bare minimum from those 70's era hondas. The 450-500's are nice but they are a lot harder to work on.

Gotta say, i'd go yamaha DT enduro every time for bikes in that weight/size/power range. My DT250 is lighter, faster, funner than even a CB350 and you can ride it off road. Goes 80 (if it has to) and two strokey smokey fun. The dt175 is another one that is barely highway capable if geared up, and light and tons of fun to blast.

Pretty much everything honda from that era is heavy, overbuilt, well engineered but not always the easiest to work on. Great bikes if you get one in good shape but they can be real money pits if you get a bad one to start with.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> The CB175's are pretty good, they are 5 speed and will get up to about

> 60-65. Super easy to work on and good weight/ handling/etc. They are

> slow heavy turds compared to a lot of other stuff but around town they

> are nice and easy to ride.

>

> If you want to do 'almost' highway speeds, i'd say the 350 is the bare

> minimum from those 70's era hondas. The 450-500's are nice but they

> are a lot harder to work on.

>

> Gotta say, i'd go yamaha DT enduro every time for bikes in that

> weight/size/power range. My DT250 is lighter, faster, funner than even

> a CB350 and you can ride it off road. Goes 80 (if it has to) and two

> strokey smokey fun. The dt175 is another one that is barely highway

> capable if geared up, and light and tons of fun to blast.

>

> Pretty much everything honda from that era is heavy, overbuilt, well

> engineered but not always the easiest to work on. Great bikes if you

> get one in good shape but they can be real money pits if you get a bad

> one to start with.

so i had a '70 cb175, it was a 4spd and would do 70ish almost topped out. awesome bikes non the less, easy to work on and simple as hell

I like Hondas, I also like the enduro idea. every individual bike is just so different (and also in so many ways often the same) that it really depends what you're looking for.

what I mean by the same, if you've gt really any bike from the 70's or 80's in the 400-1000 range you can take it places and will have to fix it sometimes and parts are available but not always easily and it will be cheap but not very cheap, but realistically the things you can go do on it aren't gonna be much different if you're on a Honda or a Yamaha or anything else.

What I mean is, you can't make decisions on brand or model alone. used bikes especially older ones the differences get so subjective, there's the style, but how has it been modified or maintained? or the price could be so varied, it might be worth getting a cheaper bike even if it needs more parts just cuz in the end you'd have a better bike for the same deal. and at that age even just condition is probably a better indicator of reliability than the brand or model. an XT350 isn't gonna be much more or less capable than a DR350, there's nuances but they're all smaller than the differences in cost and condition for individual bikes or sellers.

it's no longer apples to apples when some you've got apples coming from 50 different people and some of the apples have worms and others are well kept and polished

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> it's no longer apples to apples when some you've got apples coming from

> 50 different people and some of the apples have worms and others are

> well kept and polished

What if that apple is a CX500 that you thought was free but in the end you paid more than any dollar amount?

YA GOTTA MAKE DA_FACE !

My Snapshot_11 (2).jpg

> Ian Freeman Wrote:

> My opinion: Honda’s are some of the best built bikes. There’s a saying

> that with fresh gas and a small set of tools you can have a vintage

> Honda running in an evening.

been struggling with a 68 c102 for over 2 years...

I mean it's always back burner but man was it fucked. got it, no spark rewired the whole thing and new battery and all and got it sparking and the throttle in the carb was all the way locked in place. took so much shit to get it out the carb wound up essentially totaled so got a new carb and try to start it, still nothing. filled it with oil and the oil bolt drain hole was half cracked off. had to rebuild it with some epoxy.

reworked all the valves, turns out PO had the cam timing gear in wrong so open the clutch to get in to mess with that and the PO had wrecked the castle nut on the clutch entirely. I had to dremel lil notches in and smack it off. finally got that all together correctly, and go to push start it (didn't mention - but of course the kicker shaft was snapped off) and it wouldn't go into gear. So I finally did get it started with a drill, helluva a rush to finally hear it start. but wouldn't shift.

had to fully rebuild it, the shifter drum had gotten cocked or some shit, I dunno. After it all got back together - this is like a year and a half later, waiting parts gaskets whatever else- and it runs! it works! I rode it to work for a week, slowly dialing in timing and jetting (not stock filter and I had to build a pipe) and it was going fast too! mid 40s, such a good feeling, but short lived...

Coming back home, at a stop the rear wheel locks up, somehow 2 gears in the transmission had tried to engage at the same time? best I can tell is it had the wrong washers in there. There was also a little screw on the end of the shift drum that'd fallen out? anyhow it exploded one of the gears into 3 pieces, tooth broken off another. rebuild again. new gaskets all that shit.

I started going through the washers and some had been replaced with wrong sized ones again by PO, so I got a scrap parts bottom end with complete internals, only a bad (rusty) crank, no topend. I combined the two so I have new complete internal gearset, a good kicker shaft, not cracked case oil drain. Then not paying attention I cracked the piston skirt while turning the clutch. FUCK! Tried to use the one from spare motor and turns out the original c102 has either been overbored or has some totally different marked 55cc topend with 42mm bore that you can't get parts for. EXTRA FUCK! so I then had to get a new "complete" top end because I couldn't find just the 42mm piston and it turns out the new piston is missing the bottom oiler ring! so waiting on rings now. Then I can reassemble it, put it on the bike, rewire cable and chain and all the shifter kicker stuff back on, then I gotta retune everything since it was setup before at 55cc, and HOPEFULLY then it will finally run and ride reliably. worst it doesn't have a title and cant be registered in my state anyway if it does work, but I can maybe pretend its a moped like I did before...

it has totally shredded my impression of these bulletproof engines haha, it's been broken every which way. but I've had lots of other experience with others, c100 s90 ct70 and even some of the china clones and the Honda stuff is great, this particular bad actor could almost all be attributed to the fuck awful failures of whatever asshat owned it before me.

TLDR: it has taken a FUCKLOAD more than a bag of tools and fresh gas to fix my "simple, bulletproof old Honda", but most of it is due to a laundry list of fuckups by a previous owner

Oh lord, you certainly got the worst of it, let me fix my answer lol. A Honda that doesn’t have the equivalent problems to being thrown off a fucking cliff will start with a couple tools and fresh gas. All in good fun, best of luck with that bad boy!Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/19 12:25PM by ianfreeman.

Haha brief update- the cranks are different, barely. Which I didnt realize til both were back together. So I got em both split and the right cranks, and one of the centrifugal clutch rollers fall out. That shouldn't ever be possible so i take a look inside the clutch, plates are wholly wrecked, springs broken, and the roller tabs somehow got bent down which makes no sense. So new clutch pack next... fuuuuxk this bike!

received_757911561250244.jpeg

I recently got myself an honda metropolitan, It's pretty powerful and is a pretty reasonable in the snow, I got some good drifts and slides out of it. I like it. It doesn't have the same "HEK" quality as a crackly rumbling two stroke though.